Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2016 Land Cruiser

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-15, 04:09 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 131 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Aron9000
They sell Land Cruisers in other parts of the world with such options as manual transmissions, cloth seats, rubber floors, economy minded diesel engines, steel wheels, etc. They're practical workhorses in other parts of the world, not an 80k plaything for the rich.

And personally I hate electronic park brakes(and foot ones as well). You always pull off forgetting they're on, then you have to stop, put your foot on the brake for a solid two seconds and push the little finicky button and wait for it to release. Nothing was ever wrong with the big lever IMO.
Electronic parking brakes are literally the dumbest idea I have seen to date and I am sorry to see it becoming a growing trend on newer cars. Everyone I know hates them.
Old 10-11-15, 04:46 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
Electronic parking brakes are literally the dumbest idea I have seen to date and I am sorry to see it becoming a growing trend on newer cars. Everyone I know hates them.
They are increasing in popularity because they essentially kill two birds with one stone......free up space on the console where the pull-up lever would normally sit, and eliminate the awkward left-foot/knee action needed for foot-operated pedals. However, it is another power-operated item that can malfunction, and the button/tab can sometimes be activated unintentionally on the road when reaching for another switch...as I myself did once. (I'm a good driver, but not perfect)