Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

So, What would you do? (this really pisses me off)

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-15, 05:01 AM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default So, What would you do? (this really pisses me off)

OK, this is one thing that really pisses me off. As everyone may know, Japan roads are rather narrow and at most we have two lanes going one way. So this means that someone in the right lane has to move over or you are stuck behind some one.

So I am driving home from work today and the car in the right lane decides to pace the car in the left lane, I change to the left lane as the car starts to pick up speed (still 5 mph under the speed limit) , so the car in the right lane picks up speed too. So I change into the right lane and the car in front again paces with the car in front. This is all abut 30 mph BTW and goes on for about 10 miles down the road. Then the car in the left lane turns off leaving the left lane clear for me to over take the car in the right, but then the car in the right accelerates to 50 mph the moment the car turns off and I try to overtake and in the process pissing me off.

This is deliberate , not trying to let me pass as when I do pass the driver looks at me and is fully aware that I am pissed. All the while going 50 mph is 15 mph over the speed limit.

What would you do?
Old 09-30-15, 06:13 AM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave600hL
OK, this is one thing that really pisses me off. As everyone may know, Japan roads are rather narrow and at most we have two lanes going one way. So this means that someone in the right lane has to move over or you are stuck behind some one.

So I am driving home from work today and the car in the right lane decides to pace the car in the left lane, I change to the left lane as the car starts to pick up speed (still 5 mph under the speed limit) , so the car in the right lane picks up speed too. So I change into the right lane and the car in front again paces with the car in front. This is all abut 30 mph BTW and goes on for about 10 miles down the road. Then the car in the left lane turns off leaving the left lane clear for me to over take the car in the right, but then the car in the right accelerates to 50 mph the moment the car turns off and I try to overtake and in the process pissing me off.

This is deliberate , not trying to let me pass as when I do pass the driver looks at me and is fully aware that I am pissed. All the while going 50 mph is 15 mph over the speed limit.

What would you do?
Honk Honk??
Old 09-30-15, 06:41 AM
Scott610
Advanced

Received 84 Likes on 46 Posts

I just drive like a crazy and drive on the shoulder an cut them both off lol well depends how much of a rush your in
Old 09-30-15, 07:41 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

this is why I hate to drive anymore...jerks are all over the place.

Last edited by bagwell; 09-30-15 at 07:45 AM.
Old 09-30-15, 09:12 AM
rxonmymind
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ironically this just happened to me. A Ford F350(?)truck towing a rather large boat was going down a one lane road at 50 mph. Speed limit is 65. A double land opens up and I'm waiting for this guy to politely pull over to the slower lane. Not happening. So I gun the acclerator to pass on the right and he decides to be "road cop enforcer" and purposely swerve into the right lane. Now remember he's towing a boat. I am now on the riveted shoulder hugging the dirt shoulder. Ahole. Didn't care if I had family in there or anything. I barely make it by him. Two thoughts come to mind. Slam on my brakes coming to a full stop and let physics figure out what to do with him & his boat or keep going. See, I saw that he had a family with him as I passed. Makes you wonder about some people.

Answer to your question. Do nothing and keep going. Count to 50 and chill. You & I "probably" have a lot more to lose than that guy wearing the *** hat.

Last edited by rxonmymind; 09-30-15 at 09:17 AM.
Old 09-30-15, 09:48 AM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

Probably nothing you can do. I am road rage too and hate inconsiderate drivers (read: slow drivers ) People always tell me that I have much more to lose with my cars than they do, and you especially if you were driving your S classes.

You can't even cut in front and hold your windshield spray to annoying them since you have magic vision control!
Old 09-30-15, 10:03 AM
FCReulB
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dress up like this in Japan then the entire road is yours
Old 09-30-15, 10:35 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

My advice is to forget forget about it. Life's too short...and things sometimes happen that are beyond our control. Your health and blood pressure are too important to let stuff like this get to it.

If I let everything I put up with get to me like that (even with some people on this forum LOL), I would have been dead long ago.
Old 09-30-15, 10:41 AM
Lexusfixer
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would agree with what mmarshall said.
Old 09-30-15, 10:46 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Move to Germany.
Old 09-30-15, 11:14 AM
doge
Formerly Bad Co

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rxonmymind
Ironically this just happened to me. A Ford F350(?)truck towing a rather large boat was going down a one lane road at 50 mph. Speed limit is 65. A double land opens up and I'm waiting for this guy to politely pull over to the slower lane. Not happening. So I gun the acclerator to pass on the right and he decides to be "road cop enforcer" and purposely swerve into the right lane. Now remember he's towing a boat. I am now on the riveted shoulder hugging the dirt shoulder. Ahole. Didn't care if I had family in there or anything. I barely make it by him. Two thoughts come to mind. Slam on my brakes coming to a full stop and let physics figure out what to do with him & his boat or keep going. See, I saw that he had a family with him as I passed. Makes you wonder about some people.

Answer to your question. Do nothing and keep going. Count to 50 and chill. You & I "probably" have a lot more to lose than that guy wearing the *** hat.
like so

Old 09-30-15, 11:27 AM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 95 Likes on 67 Posts

Your problem is not unique to Japan, unfortunately.

Too many of these pieces of filth here in the US that do the same thing.

I usually high beam them and lay on the horn until they get out of my way. When I'm driving a truck I tend to use a little more intimidation.
Old 09-30-15, 12:41 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just ignore it, they don't worth your time.
Old 09-30-15, 12:58 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

They were probably just jealous of your AMG and wanted to stare at it for as long as possible
Old 09-30-15, 02:57 PM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Interestingly enough in all these years of driving I have never come across such instances.., but my teenage nephew complains about them all day everyday... Makes me wonder ...

Quick Reply: So, What would you do? (this really pisses me off)