Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus customer service

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-15, 10:10 AM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
This is not for all Lexus dealers? The one bear me where my sister goes does not always give her a loaner unless the service is pre planned.
Times are changing I guess.
Old 10-03-15, 11:50 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,394 Likes on 1,568 Posts

congrats dadc4s on your new gx and great lexus dealer service!

like most things, not all lexus dealers are the same but i'm glad yours was so great for you.

is the c4s part of your username cuz of a porsche you have/had?
Old 10-03-15, 08:18 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by chikoo
With Audi, the experience has been that if you do not have an appointment specifically requesting a loaner/rental, they will not provide. Forget it if you were a walk in. Not so with Lexus. As long as you get your vehicle in the door, I have been given a loaner, appointment or not.
Sorry, but that was not the case with my dealership, and Sewell is one of the largest in the country. If I wanted a loaner car with Lexus I needed to schedule in advance.
Old 10-04-15, 05:12 AM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by dseag2
Sorry, but that was not the case with my dealership, and Sewell is one of the largest in the country. If I wanted a loaner car with Lexus I needed to schedule in advance.
I have taken my cars in at Sewell in the afternoon, no appointment, and driven out in a loaner. But that was few years ago when my car was still under warranty.
Old 10-04-15, 06:29 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 138 Likes on 112 Posts

This seems to be the case with most dealerships/loaners. There are exceptions but it's best to schedule in advance.
Old 10-05-15, 07:12 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by chikoo
I have taken my cars in at Sewell in the afternoon, no appointment, and driven out in a loaner. But that was few years ago when my car was still under warranty.
I don't really see where warranty comes into play. I never keep my cars out of warranty. My GS350 had 20k miles on it when I traded it in, and I still needed an appointment. Oh well, we can agree to disagree. Lexus still provides the best overall service. I will agree with that.
Old 10-06-15, 12:16 PM
mso4
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
like most things, not all lexus dealers are the same but i'm glad yours was so great for you.
I agree about not all dealers are the same when it comes to customer service. I returned my '13 GS lease and my dealer (Tustin Lexus) didn't want to take it. They said their dealer doesn't have enough room. So I drove another 10 min down the street and gave it to Newport Beach Lexus. Awesome service from NPB.

Recently Lexus Financial overdrafted my bank account by two payments after the lease ended. They returned one immediately but it took LFS another 3 months and multiple phone calls before they send me back the rest of my money.

As for BMW customer services I've never had a bad experience so I guess your experiences may vary.
Old 10-06-15, 12:24 PM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

I don't really see where warranty comes into play. I never keep my cars out of warranty. My GS350 had 20k miles on it when I traded it in, and I still needed an appointment. Oh well, we can agree to disagree. Lexus still provides the best overall service. I will agree with that.
I brought in warranty because I have never needed to take my cars in outside of Warranty to the dealership.