Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus LC News

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-16, 10:07 AM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

That might be the most beefy steering wheel I've seen in a Lexus
Old 09-20-16, 11:43 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Not sure what to think of these real life pics. The seats do not look all that high class. The drivers side door pull is different than the passenger side, not sure what they are trying to achieve.

I do like the styling and the front end does not bother me. I think there needs to be some more color on the dash. Interesting to not that you do not think this LC500 is worthy of a $100K price tag.

Last edited by bitkahuna; 09-20-16 at 01:56 PM.
Old 09-20-16, 01:48 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,718 Likes on 1,946 Posts

I think a lot of it has to do with colors. IMHO dark interiors like that never feel as rich as lighter color interiors, such as the camel color we saw in the first LC prototype.

Clearly though, the entire dash is leather, you can see that in the stitching
Old 09-20-16, 03:12 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

This is a nice looking car and I hope it is successful but they are going to have a lot of problems selling it if it is priced anywhere near 100K. It does not look like a 100K car and Lexus does not have the brand prestige or cache to sell $100K coupes in its category. It is pretty much impossible to lower a cars price when the market won't pay what they are asking for it so it may have a short life which would be a shame. I still don't understand why some think the interior is so special or that it has to cost 100K just for the interior, it does not look special at all to me, lots of manufactures are doing leather on the dash and other areas for much less expensive cars. .
Old 09-20-16, 03:20 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
I would assume that it would be cheaper as well. It has less total hp output, less performance according to the press release. Why would anyone pay more for less performance?
The hybrid luxury car market makes absolutely no sense. Why pay so much more for less performance, losing trunk space, heavier weight, likley more problems down the road for a relatively small gain if any in fuel economy. It is why these hybrids sell so poorly.
Old 09-20-16, 03:35 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,718 Likes on 1,946 Posts

I would agree in these pictures it doesn't look that special. In the pictures of the camel interior it does.

I think we all need to just see it in person.
Old 09-20-16, 09:04 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

if you think this car is big, the s coupe would look like it's on steroid. i had the cars side by side, it's not even close. and the s coupe interior much bigger. the LC size is very similar to the 6 though

and like i said, this car is no competitor to the s coupe. the s coupe is step(s) above this in almost all aspects except sound and performance imho
Old 09-20-16, 09:11 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by UDel
The hybrid luxury car market makes absolutely no sense. Why pay so much more for less performance, losing trunk space, heavier weight, likley more problems down the road for a relatively small gain if any in fuel economy. It is why these hybrids sell so poorly.
Lexus claims sub 5 second performance for the LC500h, it appears that the hybrid model was made for the European market. I doubt the gas model will get released there. I also don't understand why anyone would pay more for the hybrid but get less performance.
Originally Posted by UDel
This is a nice looking car and I hope it is successful but they are going to have a lot of problems selling it if it is priced anywhere near 100K. It does not look like a 100K car and Lexus does not have the brand prestige or cache to sell $100K coupes in its category. It is pretty much impossible to lower a cars price when the market won't pay what they are asking for it so it may have a short life which would be a shame. I still don't understand why some think the interior is so special or that it has to cost 100K just for the interior, it does not look special at all to me, lots of manufactures are doing leather on the dash and other areas for much less expensive cars. .
I agree that is does not look like a $100K but in starting price. Optioned all up I could see $110K-$120K
Old 09-20-16, 09:34 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
if you think this car is big, the s coupe would look like it's on steroid. i had the cars side by side, it's not even close. and the s coupe interior much bigger. the LC size is very similar to the 6 though

and like i said, this car is no competitor to the s coupe. the s coupe is step(s) above this in almost all aspects except sound and performance imho
In terms of Length - its about the same as Sclass coupe.
Height, interior space - i agree that the Sclass is much bigger and roomier inside.
The interior quality is definitely below the Sclass but the LC should be a better handler and more agile.

I agree with you that its closest competitor is the 6 series coupe - in terms of overall proportions.
Old 09-20-16, 09:49 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Received 216 Likes on 181 Posts

Interesting--I would agree that the color combo isn't particularly striking, though black is pretty much my favorite. That interior needs woodgrain badly, though IDK where by looking at the design. I don't care how sporty my car is; I want WOOD. That's literally the only reason a pre-owned F-Sport LS460 is out of the question for me. They look so sick from the outside but I don't want aluminum trim in my flagship Lexus, thank you. Different strokes, but I don't understand the Bentleys and Rollers with the metal trim. Who wouldn't want woodgrain in a car like that (or like this LC500)?
Old 09-20-16, 10:25 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think wood belongs in sporty coupes. Maybe in sedans and such, but to me, wood seems like 'old person's car' or it has to be high class that it's like a grand piano and the cushion of the car has to be just as grand. Perfect for the LS and GS (non F).
Old 09-21-16, 12:20 AM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Received 216 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by TF109B
I don't think wood belongs in sporty coupes. Maybe in sedans and such, but to me, wood seems like 'old person's car' or it has to be high class that it's like a grand piano and the cushion of the car has to be just as grand. Perfect for the LS and GS (non F).
I get your point but I still think wood belongs in any expensive car whose objective is luxury, even if it is sporty also, especially since Lexus does woodgrain so well. The first SC had wood. Certainly the competitors to this do. This interior clearly was designed without it, as I can't figure out where it would go and/or how it would look.

I will admit wood trim is very important to me. I'm the guy who was looking to swap out carbon fiber trim for wood from another version in my last car. Like I said, I won't even consider an F-sport LS460 just for that reason alone, which is a shame bc everything else about the car I am smitten with.
Old 09-21-16, 02:59 AM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Looks like a bigger, classier version of the RC coupe, for better or worse. I've never been that fond of the RC's styling(too busy, too many scoops, too much mustache, slashes, etc), and I must say I wouldn't buy the LC version either, since it has the same engine and same general look about it. For 100k Nissan gives you the GT-R, while "old" in terms of styling, will absolutely decimate the LC in a straight line and around the corners. Same thing with the Corvette Z06.
Old 09-21-16, 03:30 AM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by RNM GS3

Gonna agree, I don't dig the seats, it looks odd and not luxurious. Also not digging the divider that much either but its not a big deal. Rest of the car is great, Lexus supposedly tried really hard not to use plastics on the interior. Cant wait ti try it out, really looking forward to getting one if things feel right. If I could pick up the hybrid at a lower price, even better.
Old 09-21-16, 10:26 AM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

I take it no ventilated seats on this one

Quick Reply: Lexus LC News