Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus LC News

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-16, 11:47 AM
imrankh24
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by SW15LS
Bear in mind that was a preproduction car. I'd be shocked if Lexus didn't address the feel of the doors in the production version.
Exactly what I was gonna say. This is def a pre production model. Lexus would never let this slide on cars that are production models ready to sell.
Old 11-05-16, 11:58 AM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 130 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
I am a little suspicious of your claim that the doors feel cheaper than your 16 year old Camry based ES. I do agree that it does not deserve a $100k piece tag. But not because of quality bit more for the overall size and scope of the model.
I am not kidding. My buddy has a 94 Supra TT which are also victim of the crappy frameless window design. Sounds like you are closing a bucket when the window is rolled down since there is nothing to seal out the noise when you close the door but even the 20+ year old Supra sounds better than this did.
Old 11-05-16, 10:04 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

picking this kind of things on a pre-production prototype is really a bad idea. if it is production version then i might take it more seriously. i drove and tried in and out the LC500 and i don't recall the doors on the ones i drove as having issues but again those were pre-production too.

and i also owned the sc430 as well with frameless windows, i would only imagine lexus achieve at least that level which means far better than the old es300
Old 11-06-16, 07:48 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,723 Likes on 1,950 Posts

You've driven it? What did you think?
Old 11-06-16, 11:52 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

lexus gets pretty nosy when i talk about the car. i was spotted driving them and everyone was allowed to take pics, but when i posted about it i got a nice phone call about it. probably some sour grapes around. so i will refrain from saying too much until the car is publicly available.

what i will say is if i am in the market for a two door high end luxury (GT type) coupe, the LC500 will be top on my list.
Old 11-07-16, 05:47 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,723 Likes on 1,950 Posts

Haha, understood!
Old 11-07-16, 09:51 AM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
lexus gets pretty nosy when i talk about the car. i was spotted driving them and everyone was allowed to take pics, but when i posted about it i got a nice phone call about it. probably some sour grapes around. so i will refrain from saying too much until the car is publicly available.

what i will say is if i am in the market for a two door high end luxury (GT type) coupe, the LC500 will be top on my list.
Old 11-07-16, 09:44 PM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 88 Likes on 53 Posts

Coming from you--that is pretty credible praise indeed, knowing that you've owned M3's and S classes and are not just fanboying over Lexus.
Old 11-07-16, 10:00 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

thank you. everyone has bias (me included) and imho no car is perfect (LC included). if i were still 25 years old with no kids and having the kind of spending power for "fame", i would probably have chosen some other cars with more bragging rights.

but at this stage, value means a lot more to me. and given the price point, i think the LC is A LOT OF car. there are things i don't like, but the overall package is awesome for what i want in a car.

i think people have to be realistic. automotive pricing has inflated A LOT over the past decade. a lot of people are still living in the fantasyland of 30k entry level luxury, 50k mid-size luxury, and 80k full-size luxury. that's pricing in the early to mid 2000s. in today's world, entry level is 40k closing in to 50k, mid-size is 60k-70k easily, and full size is touching 100k (or over in a lot of cases). and when you get into the more exclusive market of coupes and 4-door coupes, they always add a good 10-20k premium over the sedan counter part. people have to realize 100k for a mid-size coupe is very NORMAL these days. look no further than the e-class coupe (and that's based off c class chassis), cls, 6 coupe, 6 gc, and a7. once people fix their mindset about a "100k car in 2017" and then look at the LC, it would be a very different perspective.
Old 11-08-16, 01:34 AM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

thank you. everyone has bias (me included) and imho no car is perfect (LC included). if i were still 25 years old with no kids and having the kind of spending power for "fame", i would probably have chosen some other cars with more bragging rights.
So lets say you're 25 and in this similar market category, which car would you get that has more "bragging rights?"

I really want to get out of my 06 GS but I'm holding out until the LC comes out but I don't know if the lease rates will be insane in the first few months of release.

I might head to the LA Auto Show this weekend, has Lexus been bringing the LC on the show circuit? I'm guessing yes since Lexus has been showing this thing off proudly at cars and coffee among other events and media.
Old 11-08-16, 10:30 AM
dat dude
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hope the LC will be able to take regular gas :P
Old 11-08-16, 10:00 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by G Star
So lets say you're 25 and in this similar market category, which car would you get that has more "bragging rights?"

I really want to get out of my 06 GS but I'm holding out until the LC comes out but I don't know if the lease rates will be insane in the first few months of release.

I might head to the LA Auto Show this weekend, has Lexus been bringing the LC on the show circuit? I'm guessing yes since Lexus has been showing this thing off proudly at cars and coffee among other events and media.
i can see some people considering the jaguar f-type, it has more cool factor and the type r are fast

for another 20k the m6 would have more road presence as well which is something i would try hard to stretch for

to be honest, i wouldn't hold my breath too much on the LC lease. i don't think lexus will put much incentive in this car, both in trunk money or money factor. dealerships i talk to they all have wait list on this car so i think it will be hot at least for 6 months

i don't know for sure but i think it would only be wise for them to display the car at LA show
Old 11-08-16, 10:50 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

i can see some people considering the jaguar f-type, it has more cool factor and the type r are fast

for another 20k the m6 would have more road presence as well which is something i would try hard to stretch for

to be honest, i wouldn't hold my breath too much on the LC lease. i don't think lexus will put much incentive in this car, both in trunk money or money factor. dealerships i talk to they all have wait list on this car so i think it will be hot at least for 6 months

i don't know for sure but i think it would only be wise for them to display the car at LA show
I think I'm making the right choice in waiting. I wouldn't go for M6/F-type, I thought maybe you would've said r8 or something.

I can see myself accepting 1200-1300 or less for a lease.
Old 11-09-16, 09:31 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by G Star
I think I'm making the right choice in waiting. I wouldn't go for M6/F-type, I thought maybe you would've said r8 or something.

I can see myself accepting 1200-1300 or less for a lease.
the r8 starts at 162k before options, i think that's way above LC so i can't consider that as something i could "stretch" for. lease payment on that will be considerably more than the LC

if you are ok with 1200-1300, i think you should be able to get it to work with the LC
Old 11-09-16, 10:19 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1200-1300 is m5 money but hard for a M6. Maybe till the new model comes out and get a 17' for cheap.
M6 is around 1600-1800 depends on options.
Will LC really lease for 1200-1300? Doesn't Lexus have that good of a lease for 100k?
never look into Jag so don't know the price, for a R it could be over the budget?
I don't like the F type due to loose handling, but the exhaust is best of the price range!!

Quick Reply: Lexus LC News