Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus LC News

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-16, 10:32 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by blacksc400
1200-1300 is m5 money but hard for a M6. Maybe till the new model comes out and get a 17' for cheap.
M6 is around 1600-1800 depends on options.
Will LC really lease for 1200-1300? Doesn't Lexus have that good of a lease for 100k?
never look into Jag so don't know the price, for a R it could be over the budget?
I don't like the F type due to loose handling, but the exhaust is best of the price range!!
I'd kill for LFA-ish F1 sound in the LC.
Old 11-10-16, 12:04 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

m5 is also around 100-110k, so if that car can be had for 1200-1300 (i think m5 can be had for a little less because bmw has more aggressive lease), then i think the same range for LC is possible

correct that it's impossible to get the m6 at that range. it will be in the 1500 range. and if you creep into the m6 gc that can get even higher.

although timing is still everything. there was a 2015 (yes you read that right) m6 gc that they just got rid of two months ago for 1400 (msrp 130k)
Old 11-10-16, 02:27 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Anyone else find it a bit odd Lexus decided to split up the volume and multimedia controls. They're both on separate spokes. Not a deal breaker by any stretch, but just odd...
Attached Thumbnails Lexus LC News-photo598.jpg  
Old 11-10-16, 04:28 PM
imrankh24
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by yardie876
Anyone else find it a bit odd Lexus decided to split up the volume and multimedia controls. They're both on separate spokes. Not a deal breaker by any stretch, but just odd...
Ok now your just nitpicking to make the car look purposely bad. When that has nothing to do with the price.
Old 11-10-16, 05:12 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by imrankh24
Ok now your just nitpicking to make the car look purposely bad. When that has nothing to do with the price.
100% untrue sir lol. I for one love the LC and think it is appropriately priced. The steering control layout has absolutely nothing to do with the price, but has everything to do with ergonomics. I don't think it makes too much sense for the audio controls to be on different spokes.
Old 11-10-16, 05:19 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,772 Likes on 1,979 Posts

This fanboyism is so tiring. Come on.
Old 11-10-16, 06:54 PM
Rhambler
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I really don't like the instrument cluster at all. It's too small and unfortunately it's the direction they're seemingly going with for all of their cars.

Compare this to Audi's virtual cockpit's huge configurable screen or Mercedes wide view, configurable screen and this thing looks rather meek.

It relies way way too much on switching modes to get information whereas the others can just display a lot more simultaneously, with no button pushing, scrolling or any user action at all and they do so without looking cluttered. Everything you need or want can be obtained at a glance without any button pushing. That makes a big difference.

Go go sit in a new Audi or S550 and compare for yourself. It's a difference.

Wish they would change.

Originally Posted by yardie876
Old 11-10-16, 07:06 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 122 Likes on 95 Posts

Rhambler

You make an interesting point

Essentially Lexus is sharing/adapting the look/feel from the LFA interior (a good thing)

Other brands are exploiting the design flexibility available from OLED screens
Old 11-10-16, 10:02 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Rhambler
I really don't like the instrument cluster at all. It's too small and unfortunately it's the direction they're seemingly going with for all of their cars.

Compare this to Audi's virtual cockpit's huge configurable screen or Mercedes wide view, configurable screen and this thing looks rather meek.

It relies way way too much on switching modes to get information whereas the others can just display a lot more simultaneously, with no button pushing, scrolling or any user action at all and they do so without looking cluttered. Everything you need or want can be obtained at a glance without any button pushing. That makes a big difference.

Go go sit in a new Audi or S550 and compare for yourself. It's a difference.

Wish they would change.
From what I've seen Lexus has received really good feedback (not just CL) on the LFA-style instrument cluster and thats why they have implemented it in so many models now.

You may be in the minority on this one.
Old 11-11-16, 03:36 AM
Rhambler
Lexus Test Driver

Well compare for yourself.

What I like is that I can see or you can configure it to see, ALL AT ONCE:

Range
Fuel info
Outside temp
Radio Station
Media info
Phone status
Nav info
Elevation
Time

And of course you can configure these.

The Lexus requires countless scrolls through separate screens and modes to see all of this and it definitely can't be all seen at once.

Old 11-11-16, 04:12 AM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Well compare for yourself.

What I like is that I can see or you can configure it to see, ALL AT ONCE:

Range
Fuel info
Outside temp
Radio Station
Media info
Phone status
Nav info
Elevation
Time

And of course you can configure these.

The Lexus requires countless scrolls through separate screens and modes to see all of this and it definitely can't be all seen at once.

Yes but we're talking about luxury sports cars.

Here is a better comparison. MB SL AMG 63

Old 11-11-16, 04:18 AM
Rhambler
Lexus Test Driver

I don't see why you would want to see less because it's a "sports car."

Audi is moving in this direction for all of their cars, S, RS. Same for Mercedes, with the S and E being the first. The S coupe and E coupe both have those screens NOW.

In any case, it is a preference and I personally think the Lexus instrument cluster looks dated and old and light on desirable features.
Old 11-11-16, 05:53 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,772 Likes on 1,979 Posts

The only reason the SL has that physical gauge cluster is it's an older generation MB. When it's completely refreshed like the other cars in the line it too will have the virtual cluster.

Virtual cluster is the future, I gotta agree with Rhambler here.
Old 11-11-16, 06:55 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,504 Likes on 1,646 Posts

this thread is not about the price specifically. the comments were about the controls/ergonomics, and other poster is entitled to their opinion, just as you are yours. i don't think they were 'just nitpicking to make the car look purposely bad'. let's move on.
Old 11-11-16, 07:55 AM
situman
Pole Position

Received 166 Likes on 115 Posts

I don't see why you would want to see less because it's a "sports car."

Audi is moving in this direction for all of their cars, S, RS. Same for Mercedes, with the S and E being the first. The S coupe and E coupe both have those screens NOW.

In any case, it is a preference and I personally think the Lexus instrument cluster looks dated and old and light on desirable features.
As if driver's dont have enough distractions on the road with smartphones and twitter and FB and stuff. The last thing they need is information overload going at high speeds. All they need is really the speedo, nav, maybe RPM gauge and gear if they want to shift manually.

Quick Reply: Lexus LC News