Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus LC News

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-11, 07:01 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 157 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by rosskoss
If you think I'm supporting Honda or Nissan designs, you're mistaken. The Crosstour, to me, is easily one of the ugliest cars I've seen in the 21st century along with the Pontiac Aztek. Outside of the G37, very few Nissan designs do anything for me.

I stand by what I said - I find this Lexus concept and the LFA design cold, clinical and uninspiring. As you said, they do look 'pissed off'. But so does the GT-R and that quality in no way redeems any of these designs.
interesting... i thought of it as exaggerated and ugly at first (before full profile pic).... but Fisker to me looks very clinical and cold, as usual with german car designs.
Old 12-21-11, 07:28 PM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone noticed that Road & Track is the only online automotive publication that does not have any coverage of the LF-LC at all, not even the teasers? Lexus must've banned them over their leakage. Let's take a moment of silence and thank them for their sacrificial deed shall we? (Thank you R&T. Please spill the good stuff as early as possible in the future too. To hell with the embargoes.)
Old 12-21-11, 07:33 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by ydooby
Anyone noticed that Road & Track is the only online automotive publication that does not have any coverage of the LF-LC at all, not even the teasers? Lexus must've banned them over their leakage. Let's take a moment of silence and thank them for their sacrificial deed shall we? (Thank you R&T. Please spill the good stuff as early as possible in the future too. To hell with the embargoes.)
I think it was terrible to leak it. Car companies go through great lengths and spend ample money to keep things hidden. Everyone on the internet wants to be a hero. This isn't even about Lexus, any brand. ITs nice to see a SURPRISE at an autoshow (maybe a lot of you were not kids in the past where debuts would happen at car shows to shock the world) instead of leaks over and over.

You know if I bust my *** to plan a huge gift for my wife, say a new LS and some asshat comes over, takes pics without me knowing or takes pics and is told not to share then STILL SHARES THEM and my wife finds out and the surprise is killed, I would be pissed.

P.S I KNOW WHO LEAKED IT HERE.

Old 12-21-11, 07:59 PM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ydooby
Can anyone make out what that badge in front of the front door says?

(Cropped, resized and sharpened from the high-res pic.)
I now think the second badge might be saying "plug-in". Although only the first three letters look to say that, it makes sense and it's about time Lexus gets a plug-in hybrid too.

You heard it here first.
Old 12-21-11, 08:15 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

loving the side profile...can't wait to see it in person...when is NAIAS?
Old 12-21-11, 08:22 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

it doesnt make sense to have plugin and hybrid separated... in prius they are together.

i wonder if it says E-Four electric 4WD.... or something similar. Like in RX450h, just with front wheels I guess.
Old 12-21-11, 08:29 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX

P.S I KNOW WHO LEAKED IT HERE.
You're welcome. I was also first to post the Chinese 4GS leak a while back.
Old 12-21-11, 08:30 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Mr. Burns
I also first
you guy great

Old 12-21-11, 08:31 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
you guy great

My ninja edit wasn't fast enough for you
Old 12-22-11, 06:06 AM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

Any chance the second badge gives credit to the Calty design shop?
I tried to find a picture of a logo for them to compare the badge against and came up empty.
Old 12-22-11, 08:03 AM
Marklouis
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I collect many future concept car designs, and have designed quite a few of my own. I will tell you this, for Lexus - it is a very Bold design concept, also in the window of becoming a reality production car for the masses because the lines and contours are not too far-fetched and I find them aesthetically pleasing... next question is has this been through ALL aerodynamic design testing?? I hope the final tweaks will be very close to what we see now. Lexus needs to make a very bold statement in design to connect to todays generation. I can see both young and middle age crisis genre behind the wheel of this thing. Im sure the Lexus elite Takami can't wait to mold this concept car into form and function. I hope Lexus has raised yet another bar for other manufacturers to reach, because it has been awhile.
Old 12-22-11, 09:46 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Anyone else see the similarity?

I am in no way implying that Lexus copied Jaguar, I don't care if anyone copy anyone, I just think these 2 cars looks super hot, I am looking forward to them

Now that I compared them side by side, the Lexus looks wayyyy hotter!

Old 12-22-11, 09:50 AM
Motor
Lexus Champion

Examining the Lexus LF-LC Concept
http://lexusenthusiast.com/2011/12/2...lf-lc-concept/
From this unique angle, the concept’s resemblance to the LFA is undeniable, so much so that a comparison is in order — unfortunately, there’s no LFA photo that I’ve found that works exactly, so let’s just go with a side view:

The most obvious shared design is in the lower rear intake, which is cribbed directly from the LFA, but even the general profile is similar, despite the fact that the LF-LC has two rear seats. The silver edges that highlight the front and rear are also reminiscent of the Lexus supercar.

Originally Posted by BNR34
Anyone else see the similarity?]
I don't see it.
Old 12-22-11, 10:04 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Very cool design. I hope this is the new SC. That will do wonders for the brand.
Old 12-22-11, 10:53 AM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by *Batman*
Very cool design. I hope this is the new SC. That will do wonders for the brand.
Me too!! The SC has always been a favorite of mine and it looks like this Gen is going to be spectacular. (so far)

Quick Reply: Lexus LC News