Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus LC News

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-16, 05:46 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Vladi
Supposedly international versions will have more interior choices.
I could see that. There are so many different and unique markets to fill outside of the US.
Old 12-08-16, 05:54 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Hopefully. For most vehicles, Black/Gray and Tan/Beige have gotten little long in the tooth.
Old 12-08-16, 07:12 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Source for that tidbit?

I'm seriously disappointed that Rioja Red had to be transplanted over to the LC. They introduced so many great features on the LC but couldn't give it some fun interior choices. Lexus is very slow to the color game.

Even GSF and RCF gets Circuit Red. The LC is supposed to be the "future" of Lexus and they only brought one serious new interior to the game.

Last edited by G Star; 12-09-16 at 02:34 AM.
Old 12-08-16, 09:06 PM
unc879wins
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

https://lexusenthusiast.com/2016/12/...ampaign=buffer

Based on the wheel specs what are the wheel widths for the 21" wheels?
Old 12-08-16, 09:07 PM
unc879wins
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Infrared + white interior would look pretty good
Old 12-09-16, 06:39 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Old 12-09-16, 07:35 AM
situman
Pole Position

Received 166 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
I highly doubt Lexus will hit their ambitious 4800 unit goal, but each and every sale should bring a new buyer into the Lexus brand as Lexus has claimed they are targeting men in their 50s with an income level of $250,000.
I see the LC as a loss leader, a rolling prototype and test bed of new tech and platform, that other cars will be based off of. Lexus doesnt plan on making money on this vehicle, not at 5000 vehicles when the cost of amortizing the engineering is involved.

The reviews are kinda all over the place. Some praise the hybrid, others like Top Gear pans the hybrid, they all agree the handling is electronic magic, car understeers quite a bit, porky, engine sounds great and relatively fast, handles great with electronic help, steering communicate or numb depending on who's driving, beautifully constructed inside and out, the UI is still dated and Lexus just dont care...However, the overall verdict is still positive and a worthy competitor to the Germans.
Old 12-09-16, 08:07 AM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by unc879wins
https://lexusenthusiast.com/2016/12/...ampaign=buffer

Based on the wheel specs what are the wheel widths for the 21" wheels?

I see the wheels (no pun) turning. Do it!!!
Old 12-09-16, 08:56 AM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

Interior is no doubt one of the nicest from Lexus but they missed an opportunity with the nav screen area. The cheap plastic surround is not befitting of a car in this price range. They needed to make it a glass housing or something, not the vast black plastic. And why no ambient light?
Old 12-09-16, 09:35 AM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by RXSF
Interior is no doubt one of the nicest from Lexus but they missed an opportunity with the nav screen area. The cheap plastic surround is not befitting of a car in this price range. They needed to make it a glass housing or something, not the vast black plastic. And why no ambient light?
Agree, it's these absolute details where the car just missed its mark. And that's what $100K cars and buyers are looking for.
Old 12-09-16, 09:38 AM
eoph
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think another member said there is ambient lightning, but probably typical of Lexus, it is not bright enough to really see during the day.
Old 12-09-16, 09:47 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by situman
I see the LC as a loss leader, a rolling prototype and test bed of new tech and platform, that other cars will be based off of. Lexus doesnt plan on making money on this vehicle, not at 5000 vehicles when the cost of amortizing the engineering is involved.

The reviews are kinda all over the place. Some praise the hybrid, others like Top Gear pans the hybrid, they all agree the handling is electronic magic, car understeers quite a bit, porky, engine sounds great and relatively fast, handles great with electronic help, steering communicate or numb depending on who's driving, beautifully constructed inside and out, the UI is still dated and Lexus just dont care...However, the overall verdict is still positive and a worthy competitor to the Germans.
Lexus will not be losing money on the LC. Its based on a platform that will be shared, engines and components will be shared. The sales of the LC all added up will make Toyota Corp a ton of money. The profit margin on the LC is huge, how many NX models does Lexus need to move to equal one sale of the NX?
Old 12-09-16, 10:33 AM
XpediencY
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Any ideas on heated/ventilated seats? They don't see to be in the conventional areas nor on the door... Tucked away?

Old 12-09-16, 10:37 AM
LOWFAST
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TangoRed
What's weird is that I usually love that color yellow- it's very similar to the Solar Beam yellow Mercedes uses. Maroon has been the most captivating color for this car I've seen yet. I can't wait to see these out on the streets regardless. Lexus needed a car with some valet appeal (yes, I know the LFA exists but I hate its looks).
Agree, the Maroon, along with Grey and Black look good. Have not seen it in Ultrasonic Blue, maybe saving that for an F model. I actually think the white would look good with different wheels than the stockers, some nice black HREs with a more aggressive fitment or similar and lowered a bit on an all white car would look good. But I tend to dig the "Storm Trooper" look on sporty cars.

Last edited by LOWFAST; 12-09-16 at 10:41 AM.
Old 12-09-16, 01:40 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

When I sat in the LC I didn't feel up the nav screen. Have you felt it before? Source that its plastic and not glass? What is the industry standard? Could glass have been avoided for safety?

I also didn't notice ambient lighting not from the non obvious places, like door panel or ceiling or whatever.

From Automotive news

In keeping with the luxury coupe theme, the inside of the LC is a great place to spend some time. The thickly bolstered seats hug you like your tipsy aunt, and the interior fit and finish are on par with anything crossing the $100,000 threshold.

http://www.autonews.com/article/2016...6/161209850/-1

Last edited by G Star; 12-09-16 at 01:49 PM.

Quick Reply: Lexus LC News