Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus LC News

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-16, 09:09 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,695 Likes on 1,933 Posts

Styling is subjective, but the difference in quality is substantial which is the point.

Bringing it back to the LC, I think it shows as well as some new Lexus products that quality of materials is back in the forefront.
Old 12-25-16, 10:32 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by SW15LS

Bringing it back to the LC, I think it shows as well as some new Lexus products that quality of materials is back in the forefront.
How can you tell, though, without actually seeing one and examining it.? Have you had a chance to do that?.......or are you just going by some early press-reviews? At last announcement, It's not due to be released nationwide until May (Lexus hasn't even announced pricing yet), although they are sure to have one at the Detroit show, and (hopefully?) here in D.C. at the end of next month. Even if it does come to D.C., though (which is iffy), it will probably be up on a turntable and off-limits.
Old 12-25-16, 11:44 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

You can tell from what people who have seen it have said, and from pictures. Basically everything is covered in stitched leather, the vast majority of reviews of the interior have come back positive.

That and Toyota has been steadily improving interior material quality throughout the lineup, they've made it a focus. No reason to think that would change with the LC.
Old 12-25-16, 11:55 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 218 Likes on 146 Posts

Well, I have seen some written and video reviews and all of them heap praises on the LC interior, at least one even saying it is the best among flagship coupes that it competes with, so it seems better than my own impression of it just from viewing pictures, I guess I have to see it in person to decide ......
Old 12-25-16, 11:58 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
Well, I have seen some written and video reviews and all of them heap praises on the LC interior, at least one even saying it is the best among flagship coupes that it competes with, so it seems better than my own impression of it just from viewing pictures, I guess I have to see it in person to decide ......
It still wouldn't make your opinion, mine, or Steve's any less relevant.
Old 12-25-16, 12:00 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mmarshall
It still wouldn't make your opinion, mine, or Steve's any less relevant.
It would seeing that we haven't seen it.
Old 12-25-16, 12:00 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
I saw it in person (my vid is posted earlier in this thread) and I was not impressed at all with the interior fit/finish for $100k car or something that would be Sclass quality.

The burgundy interior color does it no favors.
Old 12-25-16, 12:04 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by SW15LS
It would seeing that we haven't seen it.
Yes, of course......I was referring to when we DO see it. I hope to see it downtown at the Convention Center, but, even then, it would most likely be up on a turntable. By May or so, though, Pohanka, Lindsay, Rockville, and Silver Spring should be starting to get them.

Personally, I'm actually more interested in seeing the Toyota Supra version. Lexus already has a nice coupe (RC)....Toyota doesn't, at least in the American market.

Last edited by mmarshall; 12-25-16 at 12:09 PM.
Old 12-25-16, 12:38 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
I saw it in person (my vid is posted earlier in this thread) and I was not impressed at all with the interior fit/finish for $100k car or something that would be Sclass quality.

What were the big issues with the interior? S class is still two steps above the LC in price based on what we believe the price for the car is going to be.
Old 12-25-16, 02:19 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

I believe based on your video you saw it but did not sit inside? I was in it and it was a good experience didn't spend enough time in it to fully determine if it was worthy of being a 80k-ish starting price car but for the 5 minutes I was inside, it did feel worthy. I was not in there long enough to soak in an analytical view of the car, was just enjoying it for the first time so its different. Not S Class coupe interior level but its not competing with that car. It competes with the BMW 6 series coupe and Jaguar coupe. The Maserati GT is S Class coupe price level but nowhere near the same interior quality. So why aren't you comparing the LC to the BMW?

But I do agree with you the Rioja red interior was a really bad choice. For a car Lexus fully committed to signal future of Lexus driving experience and design, they failed in that respect. But the Bespoke white was very well executed.
Old 12-25-16, 03:06 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by G Star
I believe based on your video you saw it but did not sit inside? I was in it and it was a good experience didn't spend enough time in it to fully determine if it was worthy of being a 80k-ish starting price car but for the 5 minutes I was inside, it did feel worthy. I was not in there long enough to soak in an analytical view of the car, was just enjoying it for the first time so its different. Not S Class coupe interior level but its not competing with that car. It competes with the BMW 6 series coupe and Jaguar coupe. The Maserati GT is S Class coupe price level but nowhere near the same interior quality. So why aren't you comparing the LC to the BMW?

But I do agree with you the Rioja red interior was a really bad choice. For a car Lexus fully committed to signal future of Lexus driving experience and design, they failed in that respect. But the Bespoke white was very well executed.
This sounds like a fair assessment. I do disagree with you where they say they have failed.
Old 12-25-16, 04:48 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

You don't think the burgundy is a nice change from the sea of cookie-cutter blacks/grays and tan/beiges/ivory that comprise probably 95% of today's interiors? Besides, the burgundy leather seems to be one of the trademarks of the F-Sport trim.
Old 12-26-16, 12:58 AM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
This sounds like a fair assessment. I do disagree with you where they say they have failed.
Mind you I only think they failed with the Rioja Red and how it is supposed to translate Lexus' intent to be a bolder more emotional NEW Lexus of the future. For now there are only 4 color choices, Rioja red, mid-brown, black, and magnificent (imo) bespoke white. For an 80-120k car...man I don't know, the options are limited.

Originally Posted by mmarshall
You don't think the burgundy is a nice change from the sea of cookie-cutter blacks/grays and tan/beiges/ivory that comprise probably 95% of today's interiors? Besides, the burgundy leather seems to be one of the trademarks of the F-Sport trim.
Red is a great color, actually a little dated if we're talking about people looking for the newest thing. Lexus was always a late bloomer to trendy things and their late entry to the red interior was Rioja red, which was cool, in 2013. The red leather on the RCF and GSF is vibrant.. Lexus LC using Rioja red is extremely boring, not inspirational at all (imo), dull, dated for a supposedly bold stylish of a car touting a model year of 2018.
Old 12-26-16, 07:19 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

any idea if there will an F Sport version? Wouldve thought I'd see F sport pics by now
Old 12-26-16, 07:48 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,343 Likes on 1,535 Posts

orange, blue and white, really? must be U. of Florida fans. go gators.

Quick Reply: Lexus LC News