Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus LC News

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-12, 07:59 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Mark Templin asks "Would you like to see (the LF-LC) to be the next generation SC?"

FF to 3:03:

http://youtu.be/PJt7stWH1OA

I SAY YES!!!
Old 01-23-12, 11:15 AM
Trexus

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Hell yeah I'd like the LF-LC to be the 3SC. I remember a thread awhile back that many here thought the SC was gonna be gone forever...
Old 01-23-12, 01:31 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Templin was maaaad teasing.

He couldn't say it directly...
Old 01-23-12, 01:51 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Nobody likes a tease
Old 01-23-12, 10:06 PM
LexFather

So we should get Templin drunk to stop teasing

Old 01-23-12, 10:29 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
So we should get Templin drunk to stop teasing
I like your reasoning

You could definitely tell that he was teasing us fan boys
Old 01-25-12, 11:50 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

An Inside Look of Lexus LF-LC

Designers talk about the interior and the exterior design of LF-LC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bjha7gUMhvI
Old 01-25-12, 03:18 PM
LexFather

Lexus needs to build this ASAP. Coupes are "classics". Outside the original SC 300/400 and now LFA, Lexus won't really have a "classic" coupe to offer in the future. To huge a gap in age and price. Lexus has got to think of the past for the future.

They have to keep coupes in the lineup.

To be honest its quite puzzling how the original SC did so well, even the SC 430 the first few years and they just don't have a continuation. They drop the car a few years and bring it back. What the hell is so hard about making a coupe based on existing platforms like the Germans do?

Its always been odd to me there has never been a GS coupe since it always had swoopy proportions and Infiniti no M/Fuga coupe. When Nissan was asked about it they were pretty resounding with a no, yet the G coupe has done WONDERS for the brand. Why not a coupe on top and a GT R version?

New thread...

Old 01-25-12, 03:50 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Lexus needs to build this ASAP. Coupes are "classics". Outside the original SC 300/400 and now LFA, Lexus won't really have a "classic" coupe to offer in the future. To huge a gap in age and price. Lexus has got to think of the past for the future.

They have to keep coupes in the lineup.

To be honest its quite puzzling how the original SC did so well, even the SC 430 the first few years and they just don't have a continuation. They drop the car a few years and bring it back. What the hell is so hard about making a coupe based on existing platforms like the Germans do?

Its always been odd to me there has never been a GS coupe since it always had swoopy proportions and Infiniti no M/Fuga coupe. When Nissan was asked about it they were pretty resounding with a no, yet the G coupe has done WONDERS for the brand. Why not a coupe on top and a GT R version?

New thread...
Toyota and Nissan is a business, they only do things to make money. If they don't make it, means they don't think they can make money from it. Or not enough profit to worth the effort. They can't make every car just for fun, like the LFA.
Old 01-25-12, 04:32 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by BNR34
Toyota and Nissan is a business, they only do things to make money. If they don't make it, means they don't think they can make money from it. Or not enough profit to worth the effort. They can't make every car just for fun, like the LFA.
Every car company is a business to make money, am I missing something?

Old 01-25-12, 05:55 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

You said why don't Lexus and Infiniti want to make more highend coupes?

I said is because highend Japanese coupes never really sell well, that's why they don't want to make them.

The G coupe sold well is because it is an entry level luxury model, affordable to most folks.

My theory is highend coupe buyers usually prefer European brands. The 1SC sold well maybe because it was still somewhat lower level / prices then, even the SC430 got too expensive for a lot of people.

I am going to stop here before I start getting into why I believe most people prefer Ferrari/Lambo/Mclaren over the LFA, then you'll get all offended

Last edited by BNR34; 01-25-12 at 06:02 PM.
Old 01-25-12, 07:31 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I said is because highend Japanese coupes never really sell well, that's why they don't want to make them.

The G coupe sold well is because it is an entry level luxury model, affordable to most folks.

My theory is highend coupe buyers usually prefer European brands. The 1SC sold well maybe because it was still somewhat lower level / prices then, even the SC430 got too expensive for a lot of people.

I am going to stop here before I start getting into why I believe most people prefer Ferrari/Lambo/Mclaren over the LFA, then you'll get all offended
Probably because outside of the 1SC few Japanese coupes have been very sexy, and people buy coupes because they're sexy.
Old 01-25-12, 07:53 PM
LexFather

Thats your reasoning. Honestly they have never really tried. The only one that has tried is Lexus with the SC which was a convertible for the SC 430 and not a true coupe. The NSX I agree, a high end coupe, didn't sell well outside the first two years. I agree the G coupe had done tremendous and it was only 28k in 2003 for a base G35, a great value.

I don't think your theory is far off but my point is Lexus and the other two don't even try and that is really whack. Hell Germans now offer SUV coupes and 4 door coupes.

FYI, your thoughts on why people pick the status quo over the LFA ain't rocket science, of course people prefer the badge and history of the other brands. No biggie and Lexus sure as hell was well aware of this.

At least they tried and built it. So they need to do the same with other segments.

Old 01-25-12, 08:12 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,372 Likes on 1,557 Posts

Yeah tesla, pagani, even gm for decades until it made money the old fashioned way, it stole billions of taxpayer $ w govt help.

It's estimated every volt sold costs the taxpayer $250k
Old 02-23-12, 02:05 PM
jre002
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
Yeah tesla, pagani, even gm for decades until it made money the old fashioned way, it stole billions of taxpayer $ w govt help.

It's estimated every volt sold costs the taxpayer $250k
This is completely false BTW. The conservative group who did the study severely doctored the numbers to achieve this figure.

They took 3 billion in all grants and subsidies to GM for building plants, infrastructure, and R&D then divided it by 6,000 Chevy Volts sold-to-date. The factories will not only produce Volts but other cars over many many years, so they basically cherry-picked a number from a snapshot in time when actually this is more like a movie, not a picture. The 3 billion should not be divided by the 6,000 Volts sold at the time of the research, but by the millions of different cars and products that will come out of the factories/plants over the years.

Coincidentally, 3 billion divided by 6,000 is 500k, not 250k, so they can't even get their math right.

Quick Reply: Lexus LC News