Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus LC News

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-13, 05:44 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Blueprint
^^^ Yup...

Well I hope this is an attainable coupe and they don't leave that only to the upcoming RC.....
If they did I would have to go to Japan, bypass security and start slapping board-members
Old 04-01-13, 06:12 PM
mordecai
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lexus Coupes

Lexus RC - IS coupe
Lexus SC - GS coupe
Lexus LC - LS coupe

I would love that lineup.

And why not add a Lexus CC (CT coupe)
Old 04-01-13, 08:42 PM
Trexus

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by mordecai
Lexus Coupes

Lexus RC - IS coupe
Lexus SC - GS coupe
Lexus LC - LS coupe

I would love that lineup.

And why not add a Lexus CC (CT coupe)
Also add:

Lexus EC - ES coupe (based on the Toyota Solara)
Old 04-01-13, 08:54 PM
trexlexus
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I say Lexus should do what MB is doing and name their coupes according to their sedan underpinnings.

LS=LC
IS=IC
GS=GC
ES=EC
CT=CC

Simplifies things, unlike BMW/Audi's sporadic naming.
Old 04-02-13, 07:25 AM
LexFather

^^^^^ Seriously you guys and I agree...just make coupes of everything...Benz does it and does it well...

Do you realize now that the LFA is out of production the only true coupe you can get from Asia from a luxury brand is the G37....errr Q60 and that is very old. Ridiculous!!!

Old 04-03-13, 03:08 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

^^^^^ Seriously you guys and I agree...just make coupes of everything...Benz does it and does it well...

Do you realize now that the LFA is out of production the only true coupe you can get from Asia from a luxury brand is the G37....errr Q60 and that is very old. Ridiculous!!!
Coupes and Verts are a no brainer. Big market for them. Asian and American automakers need to realize this cash cow
Old 04-03-13, 04:54 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Coupes and Verts are a no brainer. Big market for them. Asian and American automakers need to realize this cash cow
lexus definitely isn't doing the is-c right
Old 04-03-13, 06:53 PM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rominl
lexus definitely isn't doing the is-c right
That's what I'm afraid of, that they'd gauge the "demand" of a certain model based on the poor result of a half-assed past effort.

They're discontinuing the IS-F just because the first IS-F started out as a skunkwork forcing a big V8 on a chassis designed to handle a small V6 and the result was a car that lacked the balance and finesse of its main rivals. And when now they do have a worthy chassis they're saying "oh but not enough people have shown interest in a 4-door high-performance IS in the last time we tried so we're discontinuing the IS-F".

There definitely is a market for both the IS-C and the IS-F. Just don't build them as an afterthought please!

Last edited by ydooby; 04-03-13 at 07:13 PM.
Old 04-03-13, 07:06 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by ydooby
They're discontinuing the IS-F just because
they are? i doubt that very much.... both IS-F and RC are coming.
Old 04-03-13, 07:11 PM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by spwolf
they are? i doubt that very much.... both IS-F and RC are coming.
Well I certainly hope the rumor is false.
https://www.clublexus.com/articles/n...scontinued.php
According to an article from USA today, the IS-F is on it's way out due to lackluster sales.

Last edited by ydooby; 04-03-13 at 07:16 PM.
Old 04-03-13, 07:51 PM
LexFather

That's what I'm afraid of, that they'd gauge the "demand" of a certain model based on the poor result of a half-assed past effort.

They're discontinuing the IS-F just because the first IS-F started out as a skunkwork forcing a big V8 on a chassis designed to handle a small V6 and the result was a car that lacked the balance and finesse of its main rivals. And when now they do have a worthy chassis they're saying "oh but not enough people have shown interest in a 4-door high-performance IS in the last time we tried so we're discontinuing the IS-F".

There definitely is a market for both the IS-C and the IS-F. Just don't build them as an afterthought please!
The IS F was a superb first effort that was showered with praise by the press since day one. As Lexus improved the model year by year, the praise only got better. The IS F laps some tracks as fast as a M3 and new M5. So even if it wasn't a planned product, it worked and over 13,000 owners are happy, not bad for a first effort and no other Asian brand comes close to competing with the Germans here like Lexus did.

The IS F is being canned for now since its at the end of its cycle and focus is on the upcoming RC and RC F. We will see if a next gen IS F comes but I don't see why not as I've heard its coming.

So I assume you have the foggiest idea about the IS F or are trolling again, not sure.

Old 04-03-13, 07:59 PM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

The IS F was a superb first effort that was showered with praise by the press since day one. As Lexus improved the model year by year, the praise only got better. The IS F laps some tracks as fast as a M3 and new M5. So even if it wasn't a planned product, it worked and over 13,000 owners are happy, not bad for a first effort and no other Asian brand comes close to competing with the Germans here like Lexus did.

The IS F is being canned for now since its at the end of its cycle and focus is on the upcoming RC and RC F. We will see if a next gen IS F comes but I don't see why not as I've heard its coming.

So I assume you have the foggiest idea about the IS F or are trolling again, not sure.
The IS-F was universally panned for its lack of finesse at the limit and its harsh ride in its first model year. Although I'm fully aware of the fact that in the later years the IS-F has been tweaked to be more competitive, the sales has been "lackluster" simply because a bad name was already made for its first year's poor showing, the year when most comparison reviews involving the IS-F were done.
According to an article from USA today, the IS-F is on it's way out due to lackluster sales.
And stop calling people trolling when I'm simply expressing my take on the articles and reviews that have been around. I want Lexus to succeed, and that's why I'm critical of their possible mistakes.

Last edited by ydooby; 04-03-13 at 08:02 PM.
Old 04-03-13, 08:02 PM
LexFather

The IS-F has been universally panned for its lack of finesse at the limit and its harsh ride in its first model year. Although I'm fully aware of the fact that in the later years the IS-F has been tweaked to be more competitive, the sales has been "lackluster" simply because a bad name was already made for its first year's poor showing.And stop calling people trolling when I'm simply expressing my take on the articles and reviews that have been around. I want Lexus to succeed, and that's why I'm critical of their possible mistakes.
Right, no car is perfect, the M3 and C63 etc all have some low points as well. The fact is the IS F was still extremely well received and sales were not "lackluster" that is just internet crap spouted by Lexus haters that just hate anything Lexus does.

Its trolling as you bashed the IS F like it was a terrible car, it was not, it was superb and we have a huge happy IS F group on this site. I've driven the car and the track, I've driven the 2012 revised model and posted my thoughts.

Old 04-03-13, 08:12 PM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Right, no car is perfect, the M3 and C63 etc all have some low points as well. The fact is the IS F was still extremely well received and sales were not "lackluster" that is just internet crap spouted by Lexus haters that just hate anything Lexus does.

Its trolling as you bashed the IS F like it was a terrible car, it was not, it was superb and we have a huge happy IS F group on this site. I've driven the car and the track, I've driven the 2012 revised model and posted my thoughts.
You're content with Lexus staying as a #3 in the segment. That's fine. I want to see Lexus become #1, and that's why I want to point out what they need to see and improve instead of discontinuing the IS-F. Simple as that.

And "lackluster" is a relative term here. The sales of the IS-F has certainly been a far cry from that of the M3 and the C AMG. I just want Lexus to know that, now that they have a perfectly capable chassis to work with, THIS should be the generation where the IS-F can make its name shine from the get go.
Old 04-03-13, 08:26 PM
LexFather

You're content with Lexus staying as a #3 in the segment. That's fine. I want to see Lexus become #1, and that's why I want to point out what they need to see and improve instead of discontinuing the IS-F. Simple as that.

And "lackluster" is a relative term here. The sales of the IS-F has certainly been a far cry from that of the M3 and the C AMG. I just want Lexus to know that, now that they have a perfectly capable chassis to work with, THIS should be the generation where the IS-F can make its name shine from the get go.
Post sales of all the models since you are so sure. Then realize they also sell coupes. Then realize they offer decades of history and experience.

You also don't know Top Gear mag picked the IS F first in a comparo. You also don't know EVO mag gave the IS F 5 out of 5 stars. You have not even driven the IS F.

Then you don't know the car that loses the comparos is the RS5, which has gotten blasted in every review, not the IS F. Of course the sideline quarterbacks on the Internet rather act like the IS F was awful, sold bad and crap.

So please continue to tell a forum full of IS F owners how the car is lackluster.

Quick Reply: Lexus LC News