Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus LC News

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-13, 05:19 PM
cino
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know why no one catches that LF-LC is concept for RC. Design element is pretty much spot on. Look at Subaru WRX vs WRX concept, or FT-86 vs FR-S.
Old 12-06-13, 06:04 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by cino
I don't know why no one catches that LF-LC is concept for RC. Design element is pretty much spot on. Look at Subaru WRX vs WRX concept, or FT-86 vs FR-S.
Negatory. The LF-LC is the concept to the next SC/LC

The LF-CC is the concept for the RC

Old 12-06-13, 10:12 PM
cino
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Negatory. The LF-LC is the concept to the next SC/LC

The LF-CC is the concept for the RC

More like 2 door concept for 4 door IS. If you compare the headlight, taillight, and grill of RC. They are similar to those in LF-CC. Toyota... as well as Subaru just like to waterdown every single concept they put out. Look what LF-A concept looked like.

Edit: SC Successor will share design element with LF-LC, but by the time it gets green lighted, we will see another concept that looks really close to production version of SC successor. I don't even think Toyota designers want to use 2 years old design for the new car when they want to sell it for 100k.

Last edited by cino; 12-06-13 at 10:16 PM.
Old 12-07-13, 09:50 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No its not, yes they may all share some design elements but the LF-LC is a much larger coupe that the LF-CC concept / Lexus RC.
Old 12-07-13, 11:44 AM
Hoovey689

More like 2 door concept for 4 door IS. If you compare the headlight, taillight, and grill of RC. They are similar to those in LF-CC. Toyota... as well as Subaru just like to waterdown every single concept they put out. Look what LF-A concept looked like.

Edit: Hoovey was right
fixed for you

And yes the next SC Concept will be slightly revised - tweaked to keep it fresh
Old 12-07-13, 05:00 PM
cino
Lexus Champion

fixed for you

And yes the next SC Concept will be slightly revised - tweaked to keep it fresh
I'm totally fine with my typo makes you right.

What I said was, RC already took most of design element from LF-LC. I didn't say LF-LC will not share its design element with another Lexus car because the design is just so good.

Look at the fronts, the rears, the wheels, the side skirts and the roof lines of the 3 cars.

Last edited by cino; 12-07-13 at 05:19 PM.
Old 12-07-13, 05:34 PM
Hoovey689

I'm totally fine with my typo makes you right.

What I said was, RC already took most of design element from LF-LC. I didn't say LF-LC will not share its design element with another Lexus car because the design is just so good.

Look at the fronts, the rears, the wheels, the side skirts and the roof lines of the 3 cars.
Just playing!

Naw, I understand they share similar design elements. I'd imagine it could go either way with either retaining similar elements on the LF-LC/SC to make it fall in line with the rest of the Lexus Line or they could differentiate it and give it more personality. I hope the latter but who knows. The important thing is that coupes and hopefully verts are finally coming to fruition
Old 12-07-13, 05:50 PM
cino
Lexus Champion

Just playing!

Naw, I understand they share similar design elements. I'd imagine it could go either way with either retaining similar elements on the LF-LC/SC to make it fall in line with the rest of the Lexus Line or they could differentiate it and give it more personality. I hope the latter but who knows. The important thing is that coupes and hopefully verts are finally coming to fruition
I can be a bit sensitive when it comes to design since I have done a lot of observation and design sketches of transportation. I understand your point. Since Lexus adopted spindle grill, Toyota seems to introduce a new production model a few months after they show a concept. They either make a random concept for and take references for a specific future model, or rebody a production design to make it fancier and call it a concept.

Edit: It seems like their production designs are already confirmed and they try to fix each of them with their concepts. After acquisition of share of FHI, Subaru started doing the same thing,

Last edited by cino; 12-07-13 at 05:54 PM.
Old 12-07-13, 06:08 PM
Hoovey689

I can be a bit sensitive when it comes to design since I have done a lot of observation and design sketches of transportation. I understand your point. Since Lexus adopted spindle grill, Toyota seems to introduce a new production model a few months after they show a concept. They either make a random concept for and take references for a specific future model, or rebody a production design to make it fancier and call it a concept.

Edit: It seems like their production designs are already confirmed and they try to fix each of them with their concepts. After acquisition of share of FHI, Subaru started doing the same thing,
That is correct
Old 12-09-13, 02:10 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default Lexus LFA successor based on LF-LC concept planned

New halo model is coming

Lexus LFA engineer Haruhiko Tanahashi hinted a new halo model is already in the works.

It was back in March when Lexus' Vice President of Marketing Brian Smith said a production version of the LF-LC will be launched. Now, we heard from LFA engineer Haruhiko Tanahashi a new halo model to sit above the recently unveiled RC but more affordable than the LFA makes sense and he expects a LF-LC production model will come out.

Lexus' international chief Mark Templin confirmed a halo sports car is planned, as well as several F-badged versions of current models. He expressed his intentions to launch "a whole level of real F products with a car like the LFA at the top of it."

We remind you the red LF-LC was exhibited in January 2012 at NAIAS and several months later it showed up at AIMS with an Opal Blue scheme. Both concepts were powered by an Advanced Lexus Hybrid Drive system containing an Atkinson-cycle combustion engine and a high-energy battery pack which granted the 2+2 coupes a combined output of 500 bhp (372 kW).
http://www.worldcarfans.com/11312096...oncept-planned
Old 12-10-13, 01:53 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default LFA Successor Discussed

In other Lexus news, the Lexus LF-LC concept shown at the 2012 Detroit auto show may hint at the LFA supercar’s successor, according to Autocar. Set above the upcoming Lexus RC coupe, an LFA successor could serve as the brand’s halo car.

“I have the expectation that car will be launched,” said Haruhiko Tanahashi, who led LFA development. “I personally hope the LF-LC will be built. I think most of Lexus’s concept cars have been turned into production cars.” Where the carbon-fiber intensive LFA featured an F1 inspired 4.8-liter V-10 engine, the LF-LC concept could be based on a shortened version of the LS sedan’s chassis and be powered by a hybrid powertrain. If a production version of the LF-LC concept were to materialize, it would arrive at a lower price point than the near $400,000 LFA.

“We want a whole level of real F products with a car like the LFA being at the top of it,” said Mark Templin, head of Lexus. “It doesn't mean we have something on the drawing board.” While no time frame was given for LF-LC production, it will likely come after F-badged variants of existing models, such as the GS F and the 5.0-liter V-8 powered RC F that Lexus will show off at the 2014 Detroit auto show.
http://wot.motortrend.com/1312_new_l...#ixzz2n6vWUjPf
Old 12-10-13, 02:28 PM
Hoovey689

Such a sick picture. Two beautiful machines despite one with a golf cart motor
Old 12-10-13, 09:06 PM
cino
Lexus Champion

Lexus better not screw up the LFA successor like they did to LF-A concept. Despite the fact that LFA is a great looking car, I think LF-A concept is superior design-wise.
Old 12-10-13, 10:33 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 431 Likes on 355 Posts

That picture makes me wish they just made a cheaper LFA to replace the SC. I like it's body even more than the LF-LC.
Old 12-29-13, 09:30 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default Lexus Concept Car Coming to Gran Turismo 6?

As part of the Vision Gran Turismo festival celebrating the 15th anniversary of the Gran Turismo video game, Lexus designers will be creating a two-door grand-touring concept car — here’s an advanced preview.

With the exception of the LFA-style hood vents, this image is identical to the LF-LC concept — compare the image above with this photo:

This makes the case that the LF-LC concept will be appearing as a playable car in Gran Turismo 6, the latest edition of the racing game for the Playstation 3 — pretty exciting news for anyone

(The very first concept car created for the Vision Gran Turismo Festival was the Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision Gran Turismo.)
http://lexusenthusiast.com/2013/12/2...ran-turismo-6/

Quick Reply: Lexus LC News