Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus LC News

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-13 | 01:07 PM
LexFather

RC
SC
LC

Sounds like fun
Old 12-30-13 | 02:28 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Am I the only one who keeps thinking about the ghetto soda RC cola from back in the day .
Old 12-30-13 | 03:32 PM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LexFather
RC
SC
LC

Sounds like fun
Maybe a GS-C someday
Old 12-30-13 | 06:58 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Wouldn't a GS coupe really be consider a 'SC'.?

The way I look at it would be coupe IS = RC, coupe GS = SC and coupe LS = LC.
Old 12-31-13 | 12:00 AM
mordecai
Lead Lap

Is the LF-LC concept using an LS-derived platform? It seems the RC is already having the LC's proportions and stance and seems bigger than the 4-series.
Old 12-31-13 | 02:37 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mordecai
Is the LF-LC concept using an LS-derived platform? It seems the RC is already having the LC's proportions and stance and seems bigger than the 4-series.
It's not "official" yet but that's what a Lexus official was hinting at.
Old 12-31-13 | 07:44 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Latest Lexus LF-LC concept pics show luxurious new 2+2 coupe that's being considered for production

These are the latest pics of the Lexus LF-LC, ahead of the sports car concept's Detroit motor show debut. Lexus says the concept “takes the new Lexus design direction one step further”. The LF-LC previews a luxurious new 2+2 coupe that Lexus is known to be considering for production. The futuristic styling of the car evolves the L-Finesse design language for Lexus’s production cars, seen in its latest more aggressive guise on the new Lexus GS and to make it onto next year’s new Lexus IS.

The concept sports a similar face to the LF-Gh concept from the New York motor show. There are also several nods to the Lexus LFA supercar in its design, particularly at the rear and in the sculpting of the front bumper.

The name of the concept could prove to be significant in determining the LF-LC’s production future. Lexus, Toyota and Scion always give their concepts codenames that explain its positioning. LF stands for Lexus Future, while the L would appear to be a nod to the LS. The C is likely to stand for Coupe.

Autocar uncovered plans for a coupe-cabriolet version of the LS in 2010. The model, tipped to go on sale by 2015, is being billed as a successor to the discontinued SC and would rival the Mercedes SL.

The production car, insiders have indicated, would use a shortened version of the next-generation LS’s platform, which is due to go into production in 2014. It is likely to take the LC600h badge for production and feature a hi-tech hybrid drivetrain.

Lexus’s Calty design studio based in California is responsible for the LF-LC. The team at Calty has been responsible for many recent Toyota, Lexus and Scion concepts, including the CT200h-previewing LF-Ch from 2009.
http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/de...-lf-lc-concept
Old 12-31-13 | 07:46 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default 2015 Lexus LF-LC – LFA Successor

Given the extremely imprecise, slightly twisted and ambiguous statement, that he would like to LF-LC concept invoked in mass production, and the same wants to all other Lexus concepts, Haruhiko Tanahashi, responded to the question, which car will be the LFA supercar’s successor? This gentleman led the LFA development, and it was expected to say the least, less biased information than what is provided. By most previous rumors, Lexus LF-LC Concept which was unveiled 2012. in Detroit, will most likely be consistent successor of the LFA model. 2015 Lexus LF-LC could be presented in Detroit in 2014, significantly modified equipment in relation to the LFA model, but very similar external appearance to the LF-LC concept from 2012. It would be a pity, that the most beautiful designs so far seen, as a concept last year characterized, invocations only as a successor to the Lexus supercar and as such it survive in its shadow.

Lexus LF-LC is a luxury coupe, which will be placed on the Lexus LS sedan platform, made ​​of aluminum and carbon fiber, but much reduced. Concept car from Detroit in the red body color, and the blue LF-LC concept shown in Sydney in 2012, were equipped with hybrid drive. This occurs first difference, the LF-LC vehicle and LFA vehicle. The first and only model, Lexus supercar, launches 4.8L V10 engine with 553 hp and 354 lb-ft of torque. From 0 to 60 mph accelerates in 3.6 seconds and top speed is 202 mph. Information about which engine could form the basis of the serial hybrid drive Lexus LF-LC, is not known. The aim is to achieve approximately the same or at least similar performance offered by LFA model, and two models of sports-oriented vehicle of the company, under the symbol “F”. These are the Lexus GS F and equipped with 5.0L V8 engine, which will be presented at the 2014 Detroit Motor Show.

No matter how beautiful – with fantastic design, fast- because of untouchable performance, nearly perfect car-because it will replace the market world-renowned supercar LFA, 2015 Lexus LF-LC should be significantly cheaper than the current Lexus LFA supercar model, which costs $ 375,000. Given that it will become the main competitor to models Porsche 911 and Acura NSX, the LF-LC could be on offer for the sum of $ 100,000 up to $ 130.000 . Do not merely substitute with other names, proves this fact, when we talk about the price of a new F model. If the $ 250,000 less price, not supposed be reflected in all the amenities and luxuries that this vehicle has to offer to its owners, we can conclude that the LFA model nevertheless may be overvalued.
http://allcars2014.com/2015-lexus-lf-lc-lfa-successor/
Old 12-31-13 | 07:48 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

LFA Successor Discussed

In other Lexus news, the Lexus LF-LC concept shown at the 2012 Detroit auto show may hint at the LFA supercar’s successor, according to Autocar. Set above the upcoming Lexus RC coupe, an LFA successor could serve as the brand’s halo car.

“I have the expectation that car will be launched,” said Haruhiko Tanahashi, who led LFA development. “I personally hope the LF-LC will be built. I think most of Lexus’s concept cars have been turned into production cars.” Where the carbon-fiber intensive LFA featured an F1 inspired 4.8-liter V-10 engine, the LF-LC concept could be based on a shortened version of the LS sedan’s chassis and be powered by a hybrid powertrain. If a production version of the LF-LC concept were to materialize, it would arrive at a lower price point than the near $400,000 LFA.

“We want a whole level of real F products with a car like the LFA being at the top of it,” said Mark Templin, head of Lexus. “It doesn't mean we have something on the drawing board.” While no time frame was given for LF-LC production, it will likely come after F-badged variants of existing models, such as the GS F and the 5.0-liter V-8 powered RC F that Lexus will show off at the 2014 Detroit auto show.
http://wot.motortrend.com/1312_new_l...#ixzz2n6vWUjPf
Old 12-31-13 | 08:05 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Back to mordecai,

Also I don't think size is an issue. The LF-LC at 182.3 in at least in concept forum is shorter than the new RC 185 in. And is about 2 inches longer than the new BMW 4-Series at 182.7 in.

The 2002-05 SC430 at 177.8 in and 2006-10: 178.5 in is shorter than the IS-C at 180.7 in.
Old 12-31-13 | 08:28 AM
gymratter
Lead Lap

with the new RC and upcoming LC Lexus is just missing something small like the Z4 and SLK.

I would be happy with a reskined Toyota 86/FRS with leather and that new 2.0 turbo.

They also do need either a GS coupe or a coupe based on the GS platform. I would like to see something like the old SC430. Lexus needs something to complete with the Mercedes SL and BMW 6 series.
Old 01-03-14 | 02:56 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

I wonder when we will see a test mule on the road?
Old 01-06-14 | 05:32 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by gymratter
They also do need either a GS coupe or a coupe based on the GS platform.
That would be the RC.

Originally Posted by gymratter
I would like to see something like the old SC430. Lexus needs something to complete with the Mercedes SL and BMW 6 series.
This LF-LC is the new SC.
Old 01-06-14 | 07:31 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

^I don't think Lexus has ever said the production LF-LC will use the "SC" name. If it will use the LS platform than LC will be more fitting. The RC will be a $40k 4-Series, A5, C-Class coupe competitor. The LC most likely will be a $100k+ car that will go after cars like the 911, i8, S-Class coupe and ect. There is room for something in the middle like a $70k-$80k SC successor to go head to head with the SL and 6-Series.
Old 02-23-14 | 06:26 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

New anything new, but LF-LC was at the Canadian International Auto Show.

Two absolutely extreme concept cars are currently on display at the Lexus display at the Canadian International Auto Show 2014. These are the insane Lexus LF-LC Concept as well as the DeviantART Lexus IS Concept.

In case you didn’t know, ever since the LF-LC first debuted a while back, there’s been much talk about whether or not it will hit the production line. The latest word from last year indicates that Lexus could put it into production to replace the Lexus LFA supercar.

While recently speaking about the car with Autocar, the man behind the Lexus LFA, Haruhiko Tanahashi said, “I have the expectation that car will be launched. I personally hope the LF-LC will be built. I think most of Lexus’s concept cars have been turned into production cars.” Tanahashi then revealed that a higher priced and even faster sports car than the upcoming RC F Coupe makes sense for the brand. He isn’t alone in this thinking with Lexus’ Mark Templin wanting a car like the LFA to top out the firm’s line of F products.

http://www.gtspirit.com/2014/02/17/l...uto-show-2014/

Quick Reply: Lexus LC News