Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus LC News

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-14, 08:06 AM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think this car is vaporware, won't happen, or if it does, we won't see it for another 3 years at least.
Old 06-11-14, 08:12 AM
2GSKaizen
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We just had Jeff Bracken, I think the U.S. General manager of Lexus at our new store in Omaha for our grand opening. He basically confirmed this car was going to be built, and would be here for the 2017 model year, and also teased us with saying that these next sport cars on the horizon for us will be making a lot of horsepower. He said "I'm not going to tell you how much" (as he used his finger to draw a number 6 in the air) "but it will be enough to compete with the Germans"
Old 06-11-14, 08:16 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Mr. Burns
I think this car is vaporware, won't happen, or if it does, we won't see it for another 3 years at least.
It is coming, it is not vaporware.

Originally Posted by 2GSKaizen
We just had Jeff Bracken, I think the U.S. General manager of Lexus at our new store in Omaha for our grand opening. He basically confirmed this car was going to be built, and would be here for the 2017 model year, and also teased us with saying that these next sport cars on the horizon for us will be making a lot of horsepower. He said "I'm not going to tell you how much" (as he used his finger to draw a number 6 in the air) "but it will be enough to compete with the Germans"

Old 06-11-14, 08:24 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
Lexus design has already changed a lot since the LF-LC concept debuted...I feel like once we see the production car, it will look somewhat different.
I disagreed, I think we see a lot of LF-LC in the RC and RC-F.
Old 06-11-14, 08:25 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mr. Burns
2015 would be another 3 years, so yeah.
Old 06-11-14, 09:50 AM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

I like the image of a six being drawn in the air.

The five liter V8 in F trim plus a high power hybrid system would be amazing.

2GS, any pics of the new shop? The dealer on my way to work is building a much bigger store next to their current one. It looks like the are keeping the architectural profile of the older stores but instead of concrete, they are using aluminum panels to cover the facade above the showroom windows.
Old 06-11-14, 09:57 AM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

Found this link for the Omaha shop,

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...9962461&type=1

Way cooler than the one we are getting in Highland Park
Old 06-11-14, 10:26 AM
2GSKaizen
Lead Lap

That's a pretty good shot of the shop. It's really impressive, in fact its the size of the entire old building, sales showfloor and shop combined.

S2000, We went away from the concrete look as well, but went with all glass instead of aluminum. It is a really impressive building! I'll try to grab some pictures this afternoon if I get a minute.
Old 06-11-14, 11:17 AM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Exclamation Lexus LF-LC To Revive SC Badge!

Great News!

Although originally intended as a concept to preview future styling themes, rave reviews for Lexus’ LF-LC concept following its reveal at the 2012 Detroit Auto Show persuaded managers to put it into production. We’ve now learned that the production version of the LF-LC will revive Lexus’ SC badge last used in 2010, and that it will offer two powertrain options: a naturally aspirated V-8 and a V-6 paired with Lexus’ next-generation hybrid technology.

The information was revealed to Carsguide by a source at Lexus. The proposed V-8 for the new SC is said to be an uprated version of the 5.0-liter V-8 powering the 2015 RC F, with peak output said to be 475 horsepower. In the RC F, Lexus has only said that the engine will produce in excess of 450 hp.

The hybrid setup is said to combine a 3.5-liter V-6 with Lexus’ next-generationHybrid Synergy Drive system. Described as a “multi-hybrid” system, it will deliver substantially more power than previous Lexus hybrid technology and in the new SC is said to offer as much as 500 hp. You may recall that the LF-LC concept was said to be powered by a new hybrid drivetrain rated at 500 hp as well.

Other technologies expected to appear on the new SC is a 10-speed automatic from Aisin AW; multi-material construction including components made from steel, aluminum and even some carbon fiber; and torque vectoring. Though not mentioned in the report, it’s possible that the chassis will be the same one being developed by Toyota (with help from BMW) for an FT-1-based Supra.

Lexus is said to be aiming to launch its new SC around 2017. Key rivals will be the Mercedes-Benz S-Class Coupe and Maserati GranTurismo, meaning pricing will likely fall somewhere between $100,000 and $130,000.
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...port?fbfanpage

Last edited by Joey-E; 06-11-14 at 11:22 AM.
Old 06-11-14, 11:29 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Thanks for sharing, but this has already been posted.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...g-47-a-62.html
Old 06-11-14, 11:32 AM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Edit: just saw it. You guys are fast.

The Lexus SC lives on!

Last edited by Joey-E; 06-11-14 at 11:38 AM.
Old 06-11-14, 11:40 AM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by zema
Lexus LF-LC To Revive SC Badge, Offer Two Powertrain Options: Report

Source: Motorauthority
Awesome news!!!
Old 06-11-14, 12:16 PM
2GSKaizen
Lead Lap

S2000. Here are some pictures of the rest of our new facility in Omaha.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/mou...-building.html
Old 06-11-14, 01:26 PM
edgeucated
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
Lexus design has already changed a lot since the LF-LC concept debuted...I feel like once we see the production car, it will look somewhat different.
I agree, the new Lexus seems to have sharper edges while the LF-LC concept was using the old finesse design language.

I do not like the way most of the new Lexus are looking, so I hope lexus stay as true to the concept as possible
Old 06-11-14, 02:55 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Although originally intended as a concept to preview future styling themes, rave reviews for Lexus’ LF-LC concept following its reveal at the 2012 Detroit Auto Show persuaded managers to put it into production. We’ve now learned that the production version of the LF-LC will revive Lexus’ SC badge last used in 2010, and that it will offer two powertrain options: a naturally aspirated V-8 and a V-6 paired with Lexus’ next-generation hybrid technology.

The information was revealed to Carsguide by a source at Lexus. The proposed V-8 for the new SC is said to be an uprated version of the 5.0-liter V-8 powering the 2015 RC F, with peak output said to be 475 horsepower. In the RC F, Lexus has only said that the engine will produce in excess of 450 hp.

The hybrid setup is said to combine a 3.5-liter V-6 with Lexus’ next-generation Hybrid Synergy Drive system. Described as a “multi-hybrid” system, it will deliver substantially more power than previous Lexus hybrid technology and in the new SC is said to offer as much as 500 hp. You may recall that the LF-LC concept was said to be powered by a new hybrid drivetrain rated at 500 hp as well.

Other technologies expected to appear on the new SC is a 10-speed automatic from Aisin AW; multi-material construction including components made from steel, aluminum and even some carbon fiber; and torque vectoring. Though not mentioned in the report, it’s possible that the chassis will be the same one being developed by Toyota (with help from BMW) for an FT-1-based Supra.

Lexus is said to be aiming to launch its new SC around 2017. Key rivals will be the Mercedes-Benz S-Class Coupe and Maserati GranTurismo, meaning pricing will likely fall somewhere between $100,000 and $130,000.
So excited to see the SC moniker return.

Going with a NA V8. I'm somewhat surprised since there is a TTV8 in development, but this new 5.0L V8 was bound to find more than just the RC F to call home (GS F, SC).

3.5L V6 with Hybrid set-up for 500hp... now I'm not so sure how I feel about or if I want the GS450h

Six figure pricing. Welcome to the big leagues Lexus (other than LS600hL and LFA which are far rarer than the SC will be). Lexus begins elevating the brand

Quick Reply: Lexus LC News