Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2017 Ford Fusion Sport

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-16, 06:03 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by BrownPride
At the end of the day it's still a Ford Fusion. Maybe I'll be wrong, but I don't see many people paying $34K+ for a Ford Fusion. Maybe middle aged midwestern folk will, but young professionals won't even know it exists. Audi and BMW offer cheaper sedans than despite being smaller having no power/torque, are still Audis and BMWs and that's what matters to them.
this car is for the same people that would pay $34K for a Honda Accord not CLA or A3 buyers - I sure as heck wouldn't but that's just me. I can't really see demand being that high either but.....I guess they do sell quite a few $34K Accords.

Last edited by bagwell; 09-09-16 at 06:12 AM.
Old 09-09-16, 07:45 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,442 Likes on 1,601 Posts

Continuously Controlled Damping suspension. Previously offered on a range of Lincolns, CCD draws on data from 12 sensors to tweak the suspension every two milliseconds
very impressive to have on this car!

yeah it may not have the snob/brand appeal so important to some, but it's still a great car, and value.
Old 09-09-16, 09:53 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by bagwell
this car is for the same people that would pay $34K for a Honda Accord not CLA or A3 buyers - I sure as heck wouldn't but that's just me. I can't really see demand being that high either but.....I guess they do sell quite a few $34K Accords.
You back out the self-parking feature and adaptive cruise control, and an "almost" fully loaded Fusion Sport is $38k+ MSRP. After its newness wears off, with incentives and True Car, that will get down to $35k--with 325 HP and AWD. That's hard to beat. $35k gets you an A3 Premium or a 320i xDrive; Fusion Sport's HP is more than an S3, and more than a BMW 340i xDrive (which would probably be $60k feature-for-feature). Are people cross-shopping S3s or 340s? I highly doubt it--but this car gives you a heck of a lot for that price. And especially for those who really want AWD, there's absolutely nothing that compares in the family sedan category. Badge slaves will never buy this car, buy I can definitely see people that will go for this instead of a stripped down BMW 320/330, or A3.

Last edited by tex2670; 11-03-16 at 01:02 PM.
Old 09-09-16, 11:00 AM
BrownPride
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bagwell
Very true.
Old 09-09-16, 04:02 PM
MattyG
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by oldcajun
Have you driven a basic CLA? It is a terrible little car! If it didn't have a 3 pointed star, no rational car shopper would even look at it. It comes from the same designers as the Smart Car. The BMW 320 is at least large enough for people, has a transmission that shifts well, and a reasonable ride. It does have a cheap interior that makes a Sentra look plush and no power, but it is a BMW so it must be the ultimate driving machine.
No I have not driven a CLA but a young acquaintance of mine has, and he wants one... badly. He's not worried about ride because he's at a different stage in his life. Any experience you might have had with one, might be from the fact that MB brought its earlier models over with the overly stiff Sport suspension and run-flat tires. NOt a a good combo. The CLA is a well-aimed vehicle for what it is... capturing the youth market who don't particularly worry about how a car floats over bumps but rather, sportiness.

Depends what you're actually comparing the Bimmer to, and what your priorities are. If its staring at the interior quality and touching everything vs maybe thinking about the performance of the vehicle, that's another. But as I said earlier, BMW certainly knows that you would like to buy a certain car from them, so they lure you in with the 320i and hope you'll decide to jump to the higher line models.

The S4 will certainly not "blow the Fusion Sport into the weeds". Times to 60 are within a few 10ths of a seconds and the handling is very close. It's your $20 grand, so choose the badge if you want rather than the better value.
A few tenths, as you like to say, can make all the difference. And the Fusion Sport is a wonderful vehicle offering a lot of features lacking in its competition. But it's no tossable Audi S4 or Bimmer.
Old 10-19-16, 06:29 PM
gymratter
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Two Custom Ford Fusion Sports Heading To SEMA [w/Video]

Besides the tweaked versions of the F-150 teased a few days ago, Ford will also drop the covers off two modified Fusion Sports at next month's SEMA Show.

Created by a tuner called Legacy Innovations, the first one carries a blue finish and sets itself apart with a carbon fiber hood scoop, a subtle body kit, which is said to improve aerodynamics, and 20-inch alloy wheels, wrapped in 245/35 Toyo Proxes T1 Sport rubber.

Inside, it features Katzkin leather seats and Kicker speakers, while beneath the skin, the lightly modified Ford Fusion has Baer upgraded brakes and BC coilovers, along with a K&N air filter and a MagnaFlow exhaust system. Power is still provided by the same 2.7-liter V6 engine, mated to a six-speed SelectShift automatic transmission that channels the output to all four corners.

The second modded Fusion wears Webasto Thermo & Comfort North America's signature and has a Ballistic White metallic custom paint by MRT Performance, a Kevlar body kit, and 20-inch wheels wrapped in the same size tires used on the aforementioned model. Open the door and you will be greeted by a custom Katzkin leather and suede interior, adorned by the Mallistic White metallic matched trim and a Webasto sunroof.

Making this Ford Fusion Sport more appealing are the H&R Performance suspension, Rotora forged aluminum brake kit, MRT Performance alxe-back exhaust system, SCT Performance engine calibration, PedalMax throttle, JMS BoostMax boost controller, and Webasto Thermo Top Evo engine preheater and comfort control. Mechanically, the car is powered by the same 2.7-liter EcoBoost V6 lump.
http://www.carscoops.com/2016/10/two...s-heading.html