Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2017 Kia Cadenza

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-16, 07:37 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

I like the exterior. The interior looks a little bland.
Old 09-07-16, 08:08 PM
gymratter
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All-New 2017 Kia Cadenza Brings More Luxury And Refinement [34 Pics]

Click here to view more photos

The second generation of the Kia Cadenza hits the US market, promising to offer better handling, more refinement and improved quality.

The new Cadenza is based on a new lighter chassis that’s more than 35 per cent stiffer than the one used by the outgoing model. This is not only improving the handling character of the new model but also helps in achieving a better score in the NVH department.

Power comes from a revised version of the company’s 3.3-litre V6 petrol engine offering 290hp and 253lb ft of peak torque. Kia’s first FWD-based eight-speed automatic gearbox promises a more engaging driving experience as well.

The new chassis is complimented by adaptive shock absorbers and what Kia calls a ‘Hydraulic Rebound Stopper’ that offers a smoother ride over harsh or broken surfaces. 18-inch alloy wheels are offered as standard with optional 19s also available, shod in 245/40 Michelin tires.

Apart from the better quality the cockpit now features a Head Up Display, an updated version of the Surround View Monitor, a wireless phone charger, Kia’s latest UVO infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay as standard and an optional 12-speaker 630-watt Harman/Kardon audio system.

“The new Cadenza adds an extra dose of excitement to the large-car segment with its striking looks and premium refinements,” said Orth Hedrick, vice president of product planning, Kia Motors America. “The Cadenza’s cabin has been improved in early every way, but it’s underneath where the Cadenza truly shines with a stiffer and lighter chassis, eight-speed transmission and vastly improved driving dynamics.”

Lower trim models will come with the “Diamond Butterfly” front grille, known from other Kia models while higher trim ones will get the “Intaglio” grille with the vertically oriented blades. Kia has yet to announce US pricing for the new Cadenza.
http://www.carscoops.com/2016/08/all...ings-more.html
Old 11-28-16, 08:14 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Here's an excellent, though lengthy, review by Alex (I like this guy...he is sharp. ) Because of a number of factors (including strikes in the Korean shipping and trucking industries), the new 2017 Cadenza has not yet been released yet in the D.C. area....apparently it is coming in December. I plan to also sample it myself. Alex has done such a good job here, though, that there probably won't be much that I can add.

Old 11-29-16, 08:40 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,394 Likes on 1,568 Posts

ok so cliff notes, what does he think of it?
Old 11-29-16, 03:56 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
He seems to be the type of guy (and, yes, sometimes I could do a little better on this myself, in my own reviews) of throughly describing the vehicle inside and out, and let the reader (or listener) come to his or own conclusions, without personal bias.........somewhat like John Davis, except a LOT more detailed than Davis's brief reviews can provide. After all, in most cases, it is not the reviewer who is going actually be spending money for the vehicle, but those who are watching. (Of course, you never know...when the Verano debuted in the fall of 2011, and I first looked at it, I had no idea that I myself would own one in just a few more months).

But, specifically for him and the Cadenza, though, I don't get the vibes, from his own review, that this is really the car for him. I think, that he, like many reviewers, would probably want something more sport-oriented.

Last edited by mmarshall; 11-29-16 at 04:01 PM.
Old 11-29-16, 06:20 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 174 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
he thinks it's better than the es350.
Old 11-29-16, 06:32 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by davyjordi
The latest ES350 is refined and has good fit/finish, but the quality of some of the interior and exterior materials used is not impressive, especially compared to earlier versions of the ES. The 4Gen model was probably the best.
Old 11-29-16, 07:04 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 138 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by davyjordi
This sums it up pretty well.
Old 02-15-17, 05:11 PM
Tantrix
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

not much talk on this car, if they ever do a killer lease deal for me then ill sign.

this is one heck of a good looking sedan.