Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Guy Crashes Mustang Leaving Auto Show, Perpetuates Mustang Owner Stereotypes

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-18, 07:23 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by 2Insane
I am not surprised to see another Mustang owner crashing his car. Seems like every week a new video is being posted of a Mustang crashing into crowds, trees, homes, and walls. They have made themselves the biggest joke in the car culture.

I agree that, although there are some good and responsible Mustang owners and drivers (particularly with the smaller-engined ones) many of them are indeed reckless and irresponsible. I wouldn't call them a joke, though, by any means..they can be a serious hazard. Over the years, I've seen more dumb things done on the road (and more kids and young people killed) by V8 Mustang jocks than probably any other specific vehicle. Drivers of some older BMW 3-series (not so much the newer ones) also sometimes had a tendency to get out of hand, but not to the same extent as Mustangs.
Old 02-23-18, 12:12 AM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by 2Insane
I am not surprised to see another Mustang owner crashing his car. Seems like every week a new video is being posted of a Mustang crashing into crowds, trees, homes, and walls. They have made themselves the biggest joke in the car culture.

Its still winter, give it a month or two for not so talented Mustang wrecks.

I also think the Mustang gets a bad rap because of its sales volume. This is the best selling RWD V8 2 door car of all time, by a damn good margin over the Camaro and Trans Am, if you add up sales over the past 50-55 years.

I also think the high number of current late model Mustang wrecks are due to sales volume. Keep in mind the Camaro had a dirt nap from 2003 to 2009, Ford sold who knows how many million Mustangs in that time, that are now affordable to that male demographic who either wrecks them or knows how to drive responsibly.