Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Value of Lexus Vehicle Service Agreement or Prepaid Maintenance

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-16, 04:31 AM
beauzer
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Value of Lexus Vehicle Service Agreement or Prepaid Maintenance

I am wondering about whether folks here are fans or not of the Lexus Vehicle Service Agreement or Prepaid Maintenance Plan that is available when purchasing a new vehicle.

Please point me to the discussions if this is discussed elsewhere. I tried to search the site, but it searches only for one word rather than the phrase, and as you can imagine, a LOT of posts pop up for each word.

Since Lexus vehicles are so reliable, it seems counterintuitive to consider purchasing such plans, but since they are offered (is it primarily for Lexus to make more money), surely some people must purchase them.

I'd love to hear pros and cons. Also if purchase recommendations are made, how much did you negotiate the price down from original price.
Old 07-12-16, 12:28 PM
Olasek
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I had no problem hitting many threads when I searched for "prepaid maintenance" (this is btw how I stumbled on your question). Lots of useful threads on the topic. The search engine works with such phrase with no problem. Actually, based on the info on this forum I decided to cancel this package that was sold to me on the day I bought the car. I first paid $2888 then a few days later after I was complaining this might not be the right thing for me the dealer lowered the price by over $400 - I sort of accepted that offer but ultimately decided to cancel completely. I own IS350 for about 3 weeks.