Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

9 Perks of Living the Lexus Lifestyle

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-16, 12:14 PM
Curated Content Editor
CL Editor

Received 172 Likes on 119 Posts
Default 9 Perks of Living the Lexus Lifestyle

9 Perks of Living the Lexus Lifestyle
by Bryan Wood

Old 08-30-16, 02:31 PM
Radio88
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

["Lexus owners are very secure in their place in the world. They know they have one of the most trouble-free, luxurious cars available, and it affects their entire life. They expect the best, but don’t go around demanding things; people just intuitively sense their good taste and go above and beyond to satisfy it. [b]If you find people slowing down to let you merge, giving up their parking spaces, or herding shopping carts out of your way in the parking lot, you are living the Lexus life. For a list of all the latest official perks, check here: Lexus Drivers Benefits and Events. Some of these perks require registering on the Lexus website, or RSVP-ing beforehand, but a lot just require you to show your key fob."]

I had to smile at the bolded statement not only because of its nervy air, but also because I have to admit it is kinda true. This is my first upscale luxury type vehicle out of the 14 total I have owned in my 40 year driving career, so I get a good sense of a difference in attitudes in my 4RX by folks. I don't know about moving carts for me or giving up a space and doubt that will ever happen nor do I want it to, but I do see lots of approving glances and admiration for the RX itself, and a general "respect" for me as its driver pertaining to road etiquette that I never sensed in my Tacoma or any other vehicle I have owned. This is confirmed by my girlfriend when we ride. It's a trip sometimes!
On the other hand, I have had the jealous tools pulling stupid stuff like tailgating or pulling up real close to my bumper at a light so close I could ID the bugs on their grill and the like, as well as rolling up somewhere and receiving the skunkeye right off by someone you just know is hating on your vehicle. I believe those would be the unperks
Old 08-31-16, 05:11 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Hmmmmm......people do not slow down and "let" me merge, they don't speed up either in most cases. If I encounter a person who intentionally does not let me merge, I use my 5 Liter V8 and quickly "inform" that person that he can not compete with me in that department.

People don't give up their parking spaces and take their shopping carts back either.