Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2017 LS Hybrid gone from Lexus.com

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-16, 08:59 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Sulu
Thank you!

No thank you. I may listen to your opinion if you were not trying to preach and tell me what to buy.
Fair enough. I just don't understand why one would pay more money for a Lexus Hybrid that has less performance, and less power than the V6 model. Just does not make sense. We ended our lease with a hybrid CT and bought a more powerful and slightly larger Matrix instead as it made so much more sense.
Old 10-16-16, 02:00 PM
mordecai
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lexus if it weren't for the SUV/CUV boom, your brand would be suffering from taking so long on updating your flagship. LS, formerly a challenger to S-class and 7 series in sales crown in the US, is now languishing between 400-300 in the last 2 years.
Old 10-16-16, 02:28 PM
Sulu
Lexus Champion

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
Fair enough. I just don't understand why one would pay more money for a Lexus Hybrid that has less performance, and less power than the V6 model. Just does not make sense. We ended our lease with a hybrid CT and bought a more powerful and slightly larger Matrix instead as it made so much more sense.
Just because your CT hybrid did not make sense to you does not mean that hybrids will not make sense for others.
Old 10-16-16, 03:00 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by mordecai
Lexus if it weren't for the SUV/CUV boom, your brand would be suffering from taking so long on updating your flagship. LS, formerly a challenger to S-class and 7 series in sales crown in the US, is now languishing between 400-300 in the last 2 years.
I think I can agree to this.
Old 10-17-16, 06:39 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by mordecai

So why is it bad that Lexus predicted the market correctly and got their new CUV/SUV to market in time to receive explosive sales when they could've just rolled out the LS first and made less sales?
Old 10-17-16, 07:12 PM
mordecai
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by G Star
So why is it bad that Lexus predicted the market correctly and got their new CUV/SUV to market in time to receive explosive sales when they could've just rolled out the LS first and made less sales?
It's not bad that Lexus got the new RX done under its regular cycle, introduced the all-new NX, and making progress towards the UX. They got that right. I'm saying it's BAD that they took their sweet time on the next LS while their competitors have released multiple iterations of their flagship sedans while AT THE SAME TIME expanding and updating their CUV lineup as well just as Lexus as has done. I'm saying that without the CUV wave they are riding right now like everyone else in the industry, their brand would be losing a lot of mindshare by giving away their ultra competitive spot at the top of the flagship sedan class. As it is right now, I believe the lack of new flagship LS and the lukewarm reception of the GS just below it (and its semi-disastrous refresh) has lost Lexus mindshare in the higher end of the luxury market, but it's somewhat offset by the success of its CUVs in the mid-lower end of luxury market..
Old 10-17-16, 07:14 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Sulu
Just because your CT hybrid did not make sense to you does not mean that hybrids will not make sense for others.
As (specifically) a Lexus-badged product, the CT did not make much sense to me, either. I did a full-review on one, and one of my conclusions, at the end, was that it would have been better (or, if not better, at least more accurately) marketed as a Toyota, perhaps as the top-level Prius. It was simply too small, too stiff-riding, and too unrefined in its road manners to be what I would consider a true Lexus. However, the car's good sales figures showed that a number of people were willing to overlook its shortcomings and still buy it, even with an "L" logo on it.
Old 10-17-16, 08:09 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,731 Likes on 1,956 Posts

Why would someone choose a hybrid that gets less performance than the V6 gas version? Is that really a question? Because they get much better fuel economy.