Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Fast track nj salvage inspection process

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-16, 08:38 AM
LexusLexi
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy Fast track nj salvage inspection process

So, I am ready to put the car I was planning to gift my wife for Christmas through the salvage reinstatement inspection process in NJ. Got a January 9th date, way past Christmas. Any thoughts or experiences in getting a better date? Salvage inspection office suggested to call and check for cancellations which I am doing every day at 2:30 pm. I get the sense though that the only goal I am achieving is a backfiring by annoying the heck out of these poor ppl.
Thank you for reading.
Old 12-20-16, 03:42 PM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I'd call every day at 10am. Also - if you're really friendly, ask the receptionist or whatever if they could call you if there's a cxl.

Good luck and Merry Christmas!
Old 12-20-16, 03:46 PM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusLexi
So, I am ready to put the car I was planning to gift my wife for Christmas through the salvage reinstatement inspection process in NJ. Got a January 9th date, way past Christmas. Any thoughts or experiences in getting a better date? Salvage inspection office suggested to call and check for cancellations which I am doing every day at 2:30 pm. I get the sense though that the only goal I am achieving is a backfiring by annoying the heck out of these poor ppl.
Thank you for reading.
You are getting your wife a salvaged vehicle for Christmas, and you are looking for advice? Have the name of a good divorce lawyer handy.
Old 12-21-16, 07:21 AM
LexusLexi
Driver School Candidate

Smile

Originally Posted by bagwell
I'd call every day at 10am. Also - if you're really friendly, ask the receptionist or whatever if they could call you if there's a cxl.

Good luck and Merry Christmas!
Thank you for the suggestions. I was actually advised by them to call in the afternoon, before 3 PM. Interestingly enough, there is no receptionist or operator (live or otherwise), but a rare case of actual department employees picking up the phone. Actually it was the "nice" approach that got me the suggestion to call and check daily. I guess now it is in Santa's hands.

Merry Christmas to you and yours too !!
Old 12-21-16, 07:41 AM
LexusLexi
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tex2670
You are getting your wife a salvaged vehicle for Christmas, and you are looking for advice? Have the name of a good divorce lawyer handy.
Not only I am getting her a salvage car but - are you ready for this?!?!?!?! - I am paying for it with the money she makes. I see you are in PA so I suspect your wife is/was Amish; you sound like she is really good with the whip...

BTW, I have a big smile on my face as I type this, as it is all in good spirit, same as with you; I trust. The car is a last gen S550 4Matic that needed some rear end work. All for the cost of a brand new tin can. Both she and I enjoy driving for the sake of driving but more importantly, we both know enough to avoid riding in one of those with our 3 year old.

Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays to you and yours.
Old 12-21-16, 03:44 PM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusLexi
Not only I am getting her a salvage car but - are you ready for this?!?!?!?! - I am paying for it with the money she makes. I see you are in PA so I suspect your wife is/was Amish; you sound like she is really good with the whip...

BTW, I have a big smile on my face as I type this, as it is all in good spirit, same as with you; I trust. The car is a last gen S550 4Matic that needed some rear end work. All for the cost of a brand new tin can. Both she and I enjoy driving for the sake of driving but more importantly, we both know enough to avoid riding in one of those with our 3 year old.

Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays to you and yours.
Shows what happens when you assume. Enjoy your death trap.
Old 12-22-16, 10:21 AM
LexusLexi
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tex2670
Shows what happens when you assume. Enjoy your death trap.

Hey now....