Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

As quickly as she came, she went - 2017 A4

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-17, 08:16 PM
FatherTo1
Racer

Received 114 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Thought I'd give an update. 10 months into ownership and love my IS, from the steering/handling feel, V6 exhaust note, engine response, aggressive stance and styling. Dare I say I "enjoy" the IS more than the RCF??? Fuel economy of course is terrible but forgiven as everything else makes up for it!

Heh-heh, glad to see the honeymoon period is still going strong after 10 months. Enjoy and all the best to you, Corrado. Is your IS slammed or is that stock height? I see you also went dark tint all around. Any issues getting noticed by police?
Old 10-03-17, 08:19 PM
Propulsion
Advanced

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

Great photo
Looks like you’ve lowered it.
What percentage is the tint?
Old 10-04-17, 12:25 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,372 Likes on 1,557 Posts

while i'm sure it drives great, that side view shows the problem i have with the IS design... the wheels and wheel arches just look too small for the rest of it.
Old 10-05-17, 05:18 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by FatherTo1
Heh-heh, glad to see the honeymoon period is still going strong after 10 months. Enjoy and all the best to you, Corrado. Is your IS slammed or is that stock height? I see you also went dark tint all around. Any issues getting noticed by police?
Yep, still exciting getting behind the wheel! Tint is 35 all around but looks darker than that in this pic. No issues with the law. It's on coilovers, lowered about 1 3/4 inches all around.

Originally Posted by Propulsion
Great photo
Looks like you’ve lowered it.
What percentage is the tint?
Thanks! Answers above.

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
while i'm sure it drives great, that side view shows the problem i have with the IS design... the wheels and wheel arches just look too small for the rest of it.
Just reminisce back a few years to see how spoiled we are today on wheel sizes when 13-14 inch wheels were the norm. Look how tiny lost these beauties look on the Accord, a car that is 5 inches shorter in length than today's IS!

Last edited by corradoMR2; 10-05-17 at 05:22 PM.
Old 10-05-17, 05:33 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2

Just reminisce back a few years to see how spoiled we are today on wheel sizes when 13-14 inch wheels were the norm. Look how tiny lost these beauties look on the Accord, a car that is 5 inches shorter in length than today's IS!

Actually, in some ways, we were more spoiled back then. Today's big 20" wagon-wheels do handle better and steer quicker, but, too often, over bumps, ride like a Go-Kart.
Old 10-06-17, 02:36 PM
BrownPride
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm glad you are happy with your decision. The A4 is normally too understated but with the way you had it optioned I think it was enough of a head turner, but to each their own. Knowing Audis, it probably wasn't all that fun to drive. Certainly competent and fast, but definitely not "fun."
Old 10-06-17, 05:52 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by BrownPride
I'm glad you are happy with your decision. The A4 is normally too understated but with the way you had it optioned I think it was enough of a head turner, but to each their own. Knowing Audis, it probably wasn't all that fun to drive. Certainly competent and fast, but definitely not "fun."

I did a full-review on a new A4 early last year, and found it quite impressive in many ways. And, according to Consumer Reports, Audi reliability has sharply improved in the last several years, and now ranks near the top.