Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Sister is looking for a car, need suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-17, 10:47 PM
Stroock639
Lead Lap

Received 239 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by SW15LS
I drove a Lexus ES300. It made a big difference.
luckily my clients don't get to see my pos Crown Vic parked across the street LOL... that thing is such an eyesore anywhere on the north shore of Long Island, but I love it though. if I actually had to meet and or drive someone I'd take the LS, especially since there's no way to open the back doors of the Vic from the inside... I literally have to lower the back windows from the driver seat (rear window controls are also nonexistent in the cop car lol) and you need to reach out and grab the outside handle. not exactly good first impression material haha, not to mention the license plate is "HICK VIC"
Old 02-09-17, 06:39 AM
Sulu
Lexus Champion

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Yesterday, I saw a current-generation Rogue vinyl-wrapped with a realtor's name, agency and picture, in the parking lot here at work. That got me thinking that a crossover is not a bad realtor's car these days -- a relatively roomy, easy-step-in back seat for clients; large cargo area for signs, briefcases, etc.; and large area (both bare metal and windows) to wrap for advertising. She is probably a less-experienced realtor, though; the more experienced ones I have seen in our neighbourhood drive more expensive (and not wrapped) cars (sedans), like Acuras and a few BMW 3-series.
Old 02-09-17, 06:41 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,723 Likes on 1,950 Posts

Yeah the wrapping and plastering your face all over everything is tacky IMHO lol
Old 02-09-17, 12:27 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

A little update. So far the RDX is the front runner. She's also given thought to CPO so that opens up a few new doors as well.

Originally Posted by yardie876
The Volvo XC60 could be a decent choice, but I'm not sure how robust the dealer network is there. Idk if lease deals are good either.
I also like the look of these. Driven the Inline six version a few years back, but have not tried the latest T5.

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
Subaru Outback is the Perfect car for your criteria.
Our new Legacy has been great thus far.

Best bang for $400 - you can get loaded Maxima or Q50.
For SUVs i would get the CRV, new one is very impressive.
CX5 has very small rear seat.
I tried to sell her on the Subaru since her and my brother-in-law had a WRX before moving to Oahu. Didn't take hah

Originally Posted by SW15LS
Yeah the wrapping and plastering your face all over everything is tacky IMHO lol
Your post reminds me of Modern Family

Old 02-09-17, 01:06 PM
oldcajun
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Lexus has some interesting offers right now. NX200t lease for about $350 or an RX350 for $429. This is obviously for base models and does not include sales tax. There are probably CPO cars out there for a bit less. Get the luxury image at a reasonable price.
Old 02-09-17, 07:05 PM
MattyG
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
A little update. So far the RDX is the front runner. She's also given thought to CPO so that opens up a few new doors as well.
The RDX would be great. Not too ostentatious but still upscale. The Highlander says family oriented and humble enough to hustle for your dollar, but maybe too mainstream. I think her potential buyers might be viewing all that nice scenery and trying to get the most real estate for their dollar. So they'll be looking outside the car. She will want some backseat legroom and a comfy ride.

Has she asked her prospective fellow realtors in her office what they think might work?

Otherwise: Audi Q5, or a CPO Q7? Nice looking vehicles with some cachet but not arrogant and blingy.
Old 02-10-17, 12:11 AM
LexusChris
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I think Acura RDX is nice if your on a budget plus a 6 cylinder which I miss, they have also pretty nice lease deals well here in NY.
Old 02-10-17, 09:51 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,394 Likes on 1,568 Posts

rdx a great choice. nice to drive, roomy enough, pleasant premium interior, extremely reliable.
Old 02-10-17, 01:08 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 174 Likes on 127 Posts

well, i've read through all of the discussion (and argument) and i vote for the rdx or the nx200t -- both vehicles have enough panache to impress buyers/sellers without being overly ostentatious.