Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Prepaid service plans

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-17, 07:47 AM
Wandl
Lexus Test Driver

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts
Default Prepaid service plans

Specifically to all Lexus owners, has anyone purchased the prepaid maintenance plan?

Wife is currently considering a LX570 (though we likely won't pull the trigger till summer/fall). I've never done so with any other vehicle that I've purchased, but my Lexus "experience manager" was telling me about it and I'm considering it to be a decent idea.
- Lexus service is usually more expensive than, comparatively, a Ford or Honda (the other vehicles in my stable
- My wife is also fanatical about her car, so insists we buy a new or CPO LX570 and always have it serviced at the Lexus dealership since it is a $90k vehicle
- The LX requires additional things like the AHC serviced every 30k miles

I don't have any numbers/costing figures since we're not purchasing just yet, merely wondering if anyone else has considered (or passed) on a Lexus maintenance package.
Old 02-22-17, 07:58 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,621 Likes on 1,034 Posts

Most people on here will tell you it's a waste of money, and frankly, a large part of it is, as you can do much of that maintenance either yourself, at a Toyota dealer or by an independent mechanic.

With that said, we have purchased prepaid plans through our Lexus dealer on the 3 cars we've leased from them. My wife likes that it's just all done and paid for, so we don't give it any more thought. I like that too, and that I can have the cars serviced by Lexus. I consider it a luxury purchase, like paying too much for my Starbucks, going out to eat at a nicer restaurant than we need to, paying for a first class upgrade on a trip, etc.

With that said, they can be quite expensive but each time we've done it, we've been able to negotiate the price of those contracts to make them much more reasonable.

Our Highlander came with 2 years of complimentary Toyota care. I wish Lexus would do that.