Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

600 BHP 4.0 V8 TT LC F Coming this Fall

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-17, 01:48 PM
peteharvey
Lead Lap

Received 458 Likes on 303 Posts
Default 600 BHP 4.0 V8 TT LC F Coming this Fall

I told Rhambler a Lexus 4.0 V8 TT would come in time.
Only Steve had faith.
However, Rhambler was right; a V8 TT would only come in F version.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/scoop-6...ing-this-fall/

Currently, the 471-hp Lexus LC500 is the brand’s high-performance flagship. But we’ve learned that Lexus is planning more. Set to make its debut at the Tokyo auto show in October is an ultra-high-performance LC F that will feature a new twin-turbocharged 4.0-liter V-8 punching out a potent 600 horsepower.

According to our source at Lexus, this high-performance powerplant is in essence two 8AR-type 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engines joined together at 90 degrees. The twin-turbo 4.0-liter V-8 also will find its way into the GS F—making 550 horsepower—but for the LC F it will be turned up to 600 horsepower, with 470 lb-ft of torque. As with the LC500, the F will use the company’s 10-speed automatic transmission.

The LC F’s bespoke body kit will feature hood vents, air ducts for brake cooling, a fixed rear wing, and an aggressive front splitter as well as side and rear air vents. A set of 20-inch wheels wrapped in high-performance rubber will keep the LC F stuck to the road, while six-piston brake calipers will squeeze the rotors to scrub off speed. We’ll learn more about the hardware on this ultimate Lexus this fall.While the LC500 will start at $92,995, the LC F could nearly double that figure. Sound expensive? Well, it’s a bargain next to the $350,000 Lexus asked for the LFA.

Old 03-05-17, 02:03 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Didn't Lexus come out and say this article was false?
Old 03-05-17, 02:09 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,612 Likes on 1,028 Posts

This was discussed last week in the LC News thread.

Lexus said the car would not be shown at Tokyo, not that they weren't making an LC F.
Old 03-05-17, 05:09 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 130 Likes on 108 Posts

Dang, that is more power than the LFA had.
Old 03-05-17, 05:19 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

I hope its true - Toyota / Lexus did say there will several new engines introduced this year.

LC500 is getting positive press so far which is good.
They need to make the LS get this V8TT asap detuned to about 500hp and call it LS650 then bring LS F with 600hp!

I also waiting on the Supra reveal.....lots of exciting news for Toyota / Lexus this year.
They just need a proper DCT trans - I doubt the new 10speed will be good enough for the 600hp F cars.
Old 03-06-17, 07:55 AM
situman
Pole Position

Received 166 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
I hope its true - Toyota / Lexus did say there will several new engines introduced this year.

LC500 is getting positive press so far which is good.
They need to make the LS get this V8TT asap detuned to about 500hp and call it LS650 then bring LS F with 600hp!

I also waiting on the Supra reveal.....lots of exciting news for Toyota / Lexus this year.
They just need a proper DCT trans - I doubt the new 10speed will be good enough for the 600hp F cars.

Sadly, all those new models will be barely a blip on their sales radar. While the other brands are making money hand over fist with their crossover offerings. Way to go against the grain Lexus, keep focusing on Akios hobbies.
Old 03-06-17, 01:31 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

They are coming with more SUVs I believe but all FWD based.

They need a true competitor to the X5/X6 and GLE/GLEcoupe.
Ton of profits to be made.
Old 03-06-17, 02:24 PM
doge
Formerly Bad Co

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not anytime soon, I dont see a rx based suv fitting the bill it would be another zdx essentially.
Old 03-06-17, 03:22 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,373 Likes on 1,558 Posts

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
Dang, that is more power than the LFA had.
right, but i bet the lfa is a lot lighter.
Old 03-06-17, 05:20 PM
BrickHead
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The next GX hopefully?
Old 03-06-17, 07:53 PM
MattyG
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This would be a fantastic true GT rival for the other coupes. 600 hp is a heck of a nice refined punch. This is Lexus at its best. The spindle here looks nice because they've canted it at an angle towards the bottom and then it flows back as it goes up towards the hood line. The only thing to watch for in the US is that you have the Corvette Z06 that is half the price and pumps out 650 hp. Not an apples to oranges comparison and certainly not as good looking, but buyers will often look at things like this.
Old 03-06-17, 08:47 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

just take my money. now. awesome rendering. what a halo!
Old 03-07-17, 01:52 AM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by MattyG
This would be a fantastic true GT rival for the other coupes. 600 hp is a heck of a nice refined punch. This is Lexus at its best. The spindle here looks nice because they've canted it at an angle towards the bottom and then it flows back as it goes up towards the hood line. The only thing to watch for in the US is that you have the Corvette Z06 that is half the price and pumps out 650 hp. Not an apples to oranges comparison and certainly not as good looking, but buyers will often look at things like this.
I don't think people who are looking a Vette Zo6 are even considering the Lexus, and people looking at the Lexus wouldn't even consider the Corvette. Two different customers, the Corvette is a lot more raw, lighter, better handling, way stiffer ride, less room, its a sports car. The Lexus is a GT car, luxurious, quiet, roomier, smoother riding, not as much emphasis placed on track day performance.

Anyways, I hope this new twin turbo V8 is the real deal and not just rumors. Toyota really needs some new performance engine options, everybody has been going turbo mad for the past 7-8 years, they're way behind the game IMO.
Old 03-07-17, 07:54 AM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 88 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by situman
Sadly, all those new models will be barely a blip on their sales radar. While the other brands are making money hand over fist with their crossover offerings. Way to go against the grain Lexus, keep focusing on Akios hobbies.
Your comment doesn't make sense. Lexus has more than enough R+D budget to focus BOTH on SUV/crossover platforms as well as sportscar/coupe/sports-sedan platforms.

Besides, Lexus basically is killing it in SUV/softroader sales. We as enthusiasts should be happy with their current focus on BMW/German slaying sporty platforms.
Old 03-07-17, 08:05 PM
MattyG
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Aron9000
I don't think people who are looking a Vette Zo6 are even considering the Lexus, and people looking at the Lexus wouldn't even consider the Corvette. Two different customers, the Corvette is a lot more raw, lighter, better handling, way stiffer ride, less room, its a sports car. The Lexus is a GT car, luxurious, quiet, roomier, smoother riding, not as much emphasis placed on track day performance.
Are you talking about market segmentation? That is a good number crunching exercise in demographics but this forum has certainly taught me that there are no snobs in car enthusiasm and enjoyment. Owning a Lexus does not make you averse to owning a Camaro or Corvette. Here's a forum mod who bought his dad a Vette.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...ix-inside.html

Jay Leno has one of the most diverse garages you can imagine.

Quick Reply: 600 BHP 4.0 V8 TT LC F Coming this Fall