Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

My New AMG GT S Finally HOME !!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-17, 07:42 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 225 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by tea
got daamn. the AMG GTS is absolutely beautiful
Thanks !!
Old 06-28-17, 07:44 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by rominl
i am very happy for you, where is the new nsx?

it's a rare car for sure. i don't think i will keep it forever, in fact been heavily thinking about selling it. i don't get attached to cars that much, some of them are nice but i am never "i will die without it". and truth is while it's great drivers car and very balanced (and it looks nice), it's an old car and it's nothing "fast" at all. i would honest say a lot of cars i get today would be far more exciting than it to drive.

i really love the gts, it looks good (i never warmed up to the sls), great performance, and really a lot of car for the money!
Maybe a GTS or even a GTC/R is in your future , and you are driving a GL550 already ...
Old 06-28-17, 09:22 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
Maybe a GTS or even a GTC/R is in your future , and you are driving a GL550 already ...
i surely won't deny that possibility. for sure after our s550 and so far with the gl550, we have pretty positive experience with mb. don't even get me started on my recent lexus...

i have always wanted an amg (given i had an m before already), so time will tell!!!

and man i just keep staring at your signature!
Old 06-30-17, 06:30 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

i have always wanted an amg (given i had an m before already), so time will tell!!!
i really love the gts, it looks good (i never warmed up to the sls), great performance, and really a lot of car for the money!
You are right. Every car review I saw said the GTS is better than the SLS in every way, except it's not as limited in production, and the sound, which is almost as good despite being a turbo engine, and it's not fake
Old 06-30-17, 07:15 PM
premier3IS
Lead Lap

Received 97 Likes on 71 Posts

Amazing car! Congratulations on the purchase!
Old 06-30-17, 07:19 PM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

i am very happy for you, where is the new nsx?

it's a rare car for sure. i don't think i will keep it forever, in fact been heavily thinking about selling it. i don't get attached to cars that much, some of them are nice but i am never "i will die without it". and truth is while it's great drivers car and very balanced (and it looks nice), it's an old car and it's nothing "fast" at all. i would honest say a lot of cars i get today would be far more exciting than it to drive.

Beautiful car Gojirra! GTSs always catch my eye.

Hey Henry, V10 R8s and 997.1 GT3s are looking pretty reasonable these days!
Old 06-30-17, 09:28 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by pvmike1

lol when are we meeting up so i can sell my nsx afterwards?
Old 07-01-17, 06:13 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

Gorgeous car - probably the best value based on what it gives you.
Did you consider the Jag Ftype R? I personally think that is its main competitor, but no question the GTS is better overall.
Old 07-01-17, 11:31 PM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

lol when are we meeting up so i can sell my nsx afterwards?
Not for awhile since I am still compiling parts for mine! You were right; I don't have much time and energy to fix up a car anymore either.

Might as well buy something like this GTS and be done!
Old 07-03-17, 06:46 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by premier3IS
Amazing car! Congratulations on the purchase!
Thanks for the compliments

Thank you mike
Always fancy the R8's too, especially the last generstion.
Old 07-03-17, 08:53 PM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

You are right. Every car review I saw said the GTS is better than the SLS in every way, except it's not as limited in production, and the sound, which is almost as good despite being a turbo engine, and it's not fake
Well technology marches on, SLS is now 8 model years old, which in this day and age of German car design, is an eternity. I will have to disagree with you on one point though, I do like the styling of the SLS just a slight bit more. Mainly its the gulliwing doors. Other than the doors, the two cars look somewhat similar. Also the AMG GT looks way better as a drop top.

Also I don't know why anybody would buy a 911 Turbo over your AMG GT. Your car is so much prettier, so much more expressive, just a knockout design IMO.

Last edited by Aron9000; 07-03-17 at 08:56 PM.
Old 07-03-17, 09:11 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Not for awhile since I am still compiling parts for mine! You were right; I don't have much time and energy to fix up a car anymore either.

Might as well buy something like this GTS and be done!
hahaha i guess we are getting old. let's see when we can meet up. find me buyer, i think i am ready to let go!

Thanks for the compliments

Thank you mike
Always fancy the R8's too, especially the last generstion.
yup, i actually like the last gen r8 look more than the current gen. i have seen r8 v10 6mt going for pretty good price, i was about to pull the trigger until i start reading about problems on these 6-7 audi's even with low mileage

still, everything considered i think the gts is a better car!
Old 07-03-17, 10:09 PM
canibeat
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Amazing car, congrats on the purchase.
Old 07-03-17, 10:13 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Aron9000
Well technology marches on, SLS is now 8 model years old, which in this day and age of German car design, is an eternity. I will have to disagree with you on one point though, I do like the styling of the SLS just a slight bit more. Mainly its the gulliwing doors. Other than the doors, the two cars look somewhat similar. Also the AMG GT looks way better as a drop top.

Also I don't know why anybody would buy a 911 Turbo over your AMG GT. Your car is so much prettier, so much more expressive, just a knockout design IMO.
Well, that's why looks are subjective, I have always been a big fan of the original SL gullwing as a classic car, but the SLS is a HUGE letdown to me when it came out, and it still is, regardless of the gullwing doors. The headlights, the roofline, etc., never appeals to me. I never gawk at it even if I see one on the road.

I also am not a big fan yet of the AMG GT droptops, although they do look OK overall, one of the reason being the new panamericana grill, which may look more aggressive, but not in a very good way to me. it looks like a toothy leer LOL. Maybe if they revert/invert the shape of the grill, it may look better with those vertical bars. And as for a stylish Mercedes convertible, I would prefer a S63 AMG droptop over the AMG GT droptops, for roughly the same price, though they are cars of very different nature.

Also, Although I like the design of the AMG GT better than the 991 Turbos overall, I must say the 991 Porsche 911 turbos are the first 911s that appeals to me visually, especially in person, enough to make me want to own one just on the looks alone.

Last edited by Gojirra99; 07-04-17 at 02:52 AM.
Old 07-04-17, 12:58 AM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Absolutely stunning interior, especially with the stitching and contrast seats. I'm sure you are enjoying it!

Quick Reply: My New AMG GT S Finally HOME !!!