Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Any one been to this crazy SoCal dealership?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-17, 01:13 PM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

^ IMO you shouldn't get a loaner if its routine maintenance, ie an oil change. They should have you in and out within an hour for the oil change and tire rotation service. Something like a timing belt, a recall, warranty work, if its going to be more than an hour, of course a loaner car. My local Lexus dealer does offer a complimentary shuttle, which is nice since there is a huge office park and a mall within a couple of miles of the dealer.
Old 07-05-17, 05:30 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 372 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by Aron9000
^ IMO you shouldn't get a loaner if its routine maintenance, ie an oil change. They should have you in and out within an hour for the oil change and tire rotation service. Something like a timing belt, a recall, warranty work, if its going to be more than an hour, of course a loaner car. My local Lexus dealer does offer a complimentary shuttle, which is nice since there is a huge office park and a mall within a couple of miles of the dealer.
This is why BMW is different. You get a loaner for anything and everything. I've had a loaner for 3 days for an oil change (b4 I DIY'd, and when one dealer was getting $57.95 when across the river, $130). It makes a difference when one needs to get to work early--it's tough, but possible, get to the dealer at 7 AM, and be out by 7:15 AM, and get to work by 7:45 AM. If it's not convenient to go back after work, just keep the loaner and go back the following morning (unlikely they need the loaner back same day) and they will store your car indoors. No need to dilly dally at the dealership.....but I understand, the two different Lexus dealerships I've been to were packed in the waiting areas, and they were big areas. So if it's run down that would be unpleasant for all these people waiting.

p.s. my car has long been out of warranty and I am treated no differently. I had a 2016 loaner for 4 1/2 mos. when they didn't have the Takata airbag part to install. My car sat in my garage.
Old 07-05-17, 09:59 PM
ragingf80
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Aron9000
At every BMW dealership I've been to, I get a loaner every single time I come in for even just a 45 min oil change. Sorry, I don't really have the time to sit at a dealer for that long, I'd rather go to work in a loaner BMW and pick my car up the next day, washed and ready to go.
Old 07-05-17, 10:09 PM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by ragingf80
At every BMW dealership I've been to, I get a loaner every single time I come in for even just a 45 min oil change. Sorry, I don't really have the time to sit at a dealer for that long, I'd rather go to work in a loaner BMW and pick my car up the next day, washed and ready to go.
Time is money, there is a reason why the dealer charges you more for service. Still pretty cool that BMW gives you a loaner car, even for routine oil changes that BMW pays for.
Old 07-06-17, 05:52 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 372 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by ragingf80
I pay them for our state inspection, $63-$68, and of course, get a loaner. Toyota charged me $76 for my LS430 while I waited in a crowded huge waiting area, Lexus would be even higher. Last Dec., yes, carelessness, they never called me back (usually in 3 hours), so I decided to simply drive down at about 16:00. THE CAR WAS NOT READY!! Because it passed, but the inspector did not put the stickers on and left for the day! They apologized incessantly and said your car is in storage, just keep the loaner for the weekend, if you want we'll get it from you on Monday and bring you your car. My car is a 2007 and this was a 2017 4 series 4 door. I didn't want to leave my car there so I ended up picking it up on Sat.

But as mentioned, I had a 2016 loaner for 4 1/2 mos. because the Takata airbag was unavailable to perform the recall. My car sat in my garage the whole time. Lexus imho if they want to be in the big leagues, needs to start freeing up customers' time....they charge the same or more than BMW.
Old 07-06-17, 07:56 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン
Forum Moderator

Received 446 Likes on 368 Posts

That is cool that BMW gives you a loaner car for everything. At my Lexus dealership you have to get a lot of big money work done to the car to even get a loaner. I had to wait a few hours for an oil change so a loaner would be nice.

​​​​​​​Cadillac always gives my mom a loaner car for any work she gets done to her Escalade.
Old 07-10-17, 02:49 PM
Miamiboy87
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by davyjordi
Yeah, I heard about it but I don't think I am going to go. Are you? The meets that are held at the Escondido location are better in my opinion.
I went to the meet, it was cool. Stayed for about an hour.