Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Any one been to this crazy SoCal dealership?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-17, 03:39 PM
Johnny Mayday
CL Town Crier

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Any one been to this crazy SoCal dealership?

Restaurant, library, salon, boutique clothing store, and art gallery? This place looks insane. Anyone been here? According to the HP they sell plenty of cars...
Old 06-30-17, 04:07 PM
FatherTo1
Racer

Received 115 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnny Mayday

Restaurant, library, salon, boutique clothing store, and art gallery? This place looks insane. Anyone been here? According to the HP they sell plenty of cars...

Wow, a Lexus mall!
Old 06-30-17, 04:33 PM
Coleroad
Racer

Received 168 Likes on 142 Posts

women now love taking their car in to get it worked on.
it makes me feel like they don't take cars seriously. im sure they make a killing on it though.
Old 06-30-17, 04:53 PM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnny Mayday
Why is there a random picture of Las Vegas' Aria valet in that article?
Old 06-30-17, 04:56 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 174 Likes on 127 Posts

that's my local lexus dealership -- lexus of escondido. i go there to have my cars serviced and have purchased multiple vehicles from there.
Old 06-30-17, 07:04 PM
premier3IS
Lead Lap

Received 97 Likes on 71 Posts

Lexus of Escondido. Purchased my vehicle here and go here for service as well. Great dealership to work with, they even got a golf simulator you can go play at while your deal is being closed lol.

On the other hand, if you want to get ripped off on a new vehicle, be sure to make a stop at Lexus of Carlsbad. I went there 2 times and they automatically assumed since I was young they could try to rip me off or didn't think I could even afford it (sorry guys, software developers do make good money. we aren't trying to buy a Ferrari here, its a Lexus). First time they wanted $550 a month for lease on a 200t F-sport, asked to see the numbers and they were absolutely garbage (for having Tier 1 credit as well) , dealer was trying to make a ton. Second time $450 and said they would "lose" money going a penny less and this was the lowest they'd go (UH, yea ok... ). Walked out and never returned after that, especially after they tried to make it seem like they were doing me a favor at that price as well.

Lexus of Escondido got me a much better deal and was able to agree on a price within 30 min of arriving there. Dealerships are a business I understand, but at least treat your customers right and don't be judgmental. Sorry for the long post, I just wanted to give my experience to you all if anyone else is considering to purchase a vehicle in Carlsbad.

Last edited by premier3IS; 06-30-17 at 07:08 PM.
Old 06-30-17, 10:45 PM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

^ That's awesome the Taj Mahl Lexus dealer gave you a killer deal. My first impression of that building is "they don't do deals, how else would they be able to pay for all this nonsense".
Old 07-01-17, 05:28 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by premier3IS
Lexus of Escondido. Purchased my vehicle here and go here for service as well. Great dealership to work with, they even got a golf simulator you can go play at while your deal is being closed lol.

On the other hand, if you want to get ripped off on a new vehicle, be sure to make a stop at Lexus of Carlsbad. I went there 2 times and they automatically assumed since I was young they could try to rip me off or didn't think I could even afford it (sorry guys, software developers do make good money. we aren't trying to buy a Ferrari here, its a Lexus). First time they wanted $550 a month for lease on a 200t F-sport, asked to see the numbers and they were absolutely garbage (for having Tier 1 credit as well) , dealer was trying to make a ton. Second time $450 and said they would "lose" money going a penny less and this was the lowest they'd go (UH, yea ok... ). Walked out and never returned after that, especially after they tried to make it seem like they were doing me a favor at that price as well.

Lexus of Escondido got me a much better deal and was able to agree on a price within 30 min of arriving there. Dealerships are a business I understand, but at least treat your customers right and don't be judgmental. Sorry for the long post, I just wanted to give my experience to you all if anyone else is considering to purchase a vehicle in Carlsbad.
Keep in mind though that Lexus of Carlsbad and Lexus of Escondido are owned by the same family, so if you got or almost got ripped off at one then going to the other will still line the same family's pockets.

Lexus of Carlsbad's premiums are probably based on its location.

Last edited by davyjordi; 07-01-17 at 05:32 AM.
Old 07-01-17, 08:50 AM
premier3IS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by davyjordi
Keep in mind though that Lexus of Carlsbad and Lexus of Escondido are owned by the same family, so if you got or almost got ripped off at one then going to the other will still line the same family's pockets.

Lexus of Carlsbad's premiums are probably based on its location.
Correct they are. Lexus of Carlsbad is the closest to me but I'll still drive 35-45 min out to Escondido for services now.

Can be the same family, but its was a whole different purchasing experience. They treat their customers well. Lexus Carlsbad is holding a meet sometime next week if you heard? Not sure how many will be going.
Old 07-01-17, 09:27 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Correct they are. Lexus of Carlsbad is the closest to me but I'll still drive 35-45 min out to Escondido for services now.

Can be the same family, but its was a whole different purchasing experience. They treat their customers well. Lexus Carlsbad is holding a meet sometime next week if you heard? Not sure how many will be going.
Yeah, I heard about it but I don't think I am going to go. Are you? The meets that are held at the Escondido location are better in my opinion.
Old 07-01-17, 08:28 PM
premier3IS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by davyjordi
Yeah, I heard about it but I don't think I am going to go. Are you? The meets that are held at the Escondido location are better in my opinion.
I wasn't planning on it either. If I do decide to just drive by and see what its all about, I'll PM you to let you know I may stop by.
Old 07-02-17, 08:38 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

I wasn't planning on it either. If I do decide to just drive by and see what its all about, I'll PM you to let you know I may stop by.
Thanks! I'd appreciate that.
Old 07-03-17, 03:18 PM
Johnny Mayday
CL Town Crier

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Aron9000
^ That's awesome the Taj Mahl Lexus dealer gave you a killer deal. My first impression of that building is "they don't do deals, how else would they be able to pay for all this nonsense".
That was my thought too! Glad they're cool!
Old 07-03-17, 10:12 PM
canibeat
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Will check this dealership out when I'm in the area. Looks pretty nice.
Old 07-04-17, 08:19 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 372 Likes on 346 Posts

Isn't the idea, however, that if you get a loaner, you don't spend much time in the dealership? Interesting how BMW and Lexus have different philosophies. I've been to Lexus 2X, and thought it was interesting how packed the waiting area was. Most BMW have few if any there. Contrast with Toyota (took my Lexus there once), there was a massive waiting area, and no place to sit as there were so many clients.

Quick Reply: Any one been to this crazy SoCal dealership?