Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

This made my day!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-17 | 05:49 PM
Lil4X
Out of Warranty

Incredible. Notice that the road is good, the weather clear, and oncoming lane is unoccupied. Why did the Volvo driver run into the back of the bike? 'Cause he wanted to.

Because this offense occurred in a national park, the driver could be facing federal charges. That could make one guy"s bad day a whole lot worse.

Last edited by Lil4X; 07-10-17 at 05:55 PM.
Old 07-10-17 | 06:26 PM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mmarshall
That's no excuse for an action like this, in a 4000-lb. vehicle.

I think the guy in the black CR-V (or was that a Volvo?) must have been drunk or stoned. No one in their right mind would do a criminal hit-and-run like that on what appears to be a complete stranger, on a bike, with virtually no protection. Hope they find his (or her) a** and throw the book at them.
He claimed he didn't know he struck the bike, arrested per the news. If that were true, why were his left wheels over the double yellow...
Old 07-10-17 | 06:40 PM
My0gr81
Lexus Test Driver

This thread went from cheering for the perp of an assault on a cyclist, questioning the gender identity and fashion sense of that same cyclist to encouraging that other cyclists be also run down based on their choices for mode of transportation and clothing. When that wasn't appalling enough,it also stooped down to insult another group of cyclist based on a generalization of their ethnic background and occupation. All the while, there are also moderators posting their comments, tantamount to condoning the racists, homophobic and vile posts.

Way to go!

Last edited by My0gr81; 07-10-17 at 06:44 PM.
Old 07-10-17 | 06:46 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Johnhav430
He claimed he didn't know he struck the bike, arrested per the news. If that were true, why were his left wheels over the double yellow...
Well, first, as I posted earlier, I'm not sure I believe he didn't know he had hit the cyclist. Second, if he is telling the truth and truly didn't know, then he was probably either drunk or stoned....or, so inattentive behind the wheel that he doesn't deserve a Drivers' License for that reason alone. And this guy is a School Administrator....someone who is supposed to have some personal responsibility.
Old 07-10-17 | 06:46 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by My0gr81
This thread went from cheering for the perp of an assault on a cyclist, questioning the gender identity and fashion sense of that same cyclist to encouraging that other cyclists be also run down based on their choices for mode of transportation and clothing. When that wasn't appalling enough,it also stooped down to insult another group of cyclist based on a generalization of their ethnic background. All the while, there also moderators posting their comments, tantamount to condoning the racists, homophobic and vile posts.

Way to go!
While I agree with you that the original post was inappropriate, as were several followup posts...there were also many posts admonishing the OP and others who posted what they posted, and I'm not sure where I see any moderators posting in a supportive way towards the OP, or the idea that bikers should be run over...

I see posts from 5 moderators, and not one condones or supports the OP's viewpoint that the video was funny.
Old 07-10-17 | 06:54 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Lil4X
Because this offense occurred in a national park, the driver could be facing federal charges. That could make one guy"s bad day a whole lot worse.

Yes.....as I write this, the U.S. Attorney for that region is still deciding on any additional Federal charges. He is already facing local charges.
Old 07-10-17 | 07:01 PM
My0gr81
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SW15LS
While I agree with you that the original post was inappropriate, as were several followup posts...there were also many posts admonishing the OP and others who posted what they posted, and I'm not sure where I see any moderators posting in a supportive way towards the OP, or the idea that bikers should be run over...

I see posts from 5 moderators, and not one condones or supports the OP's viewpoint that the video was funny.
Inaction to enforce forum rules whilst continuing the conversation amounts to condoning. The OP's original post and follow up posts were the most offensive, and I agree that the majority of other posters didn't support, however, this "news report" thread would have never degenerated to this level had the rules been enforced at the start.
Old 07-10-17 | 07:14 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by My0gr81
Inaction to enforce forum rules whilst continuing the conversation amounts to condoning. The OP's original post and follow up posts were the most offensive, and I agree that the majority of other posters didn't support, however, this "news report" thread would have never degenerated to this level had the rules been enforced at the start.
I'm not sure what rules were broken, and a moderator did reprimand the OP for his use of insulting language.

I prefer forums not overly moderated for content.
Old 07-10-17 | 07:45 PM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by JDR76
Yeah, the report I read said he suffered serious but non life threatening injuries.

I'm pretty horrified at the stereotypes and attitudes on here. Pretty sad. Whether people like cyclists or not, it amazes me when people celebrate that people get injured. Not a good sign for humanity.
I agree, I thought it was going to be a joke or something, but sincerely don't find hit and run to be amusing.