Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

reputable car shipper?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-17, 09:29 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,514 Likes on 1,653 Posts

Originally Posted by kitabel
Unless the $6,000 car is really special, easier to sell it locally at a loss. It's not worth 10 cents more in Cali because of you transport expense.
wouldn't even get that much for it (prob $4-5k) so it's definitely worth transporting vs. risking getting an unknown vehicle in CA for low cost because this civic runs fine.

anyway, here's the cluster of an update... shipper came and i went to start the car to drive it to the car carrier, only to find the car wouldn't start, BUT that wasn't a problem with the car. car owner had taken original key to california, leaving a 'spare' but the spare doesn't have a transponder so the car will start but not stay running because there's no transponder, thus the car shuts off. fml honda dealer said sure, we'll make a key but the car must be at the dealer, so not going through hassle of towing the car and new key costs, etc.!

plan B - original key now being overnighted back to me for new car shipping pickup.

sometimes things just need a little more help... it was a 'fun' day yesterday with that, plus my main home A/C went out, plus... could go on. the struggle is real...
Old 07-22-17, 06:55 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,514 Likes on 1,653 Posts

not sure if anyone cares, but the 'overnight' shipping of the key was a disaster... key was sent thursday and didn't arrive friday, and not until MONDAY. got car finally shipped this past thursday and now it's already in w. hollywood! we used a broker/company at https://shipyourcarnow.com/ who i can't say enough good things about... helpful, responsive, flexible with the #$%%@# key fiasco, and reasonable.
Old 07-22-17, 09:38 PM
RXSF
Forum Moderator

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

LOL I remember the old Lexus cars had that flat key in the owners manual packet with the transponder in the thick housing of the key card. You had to hold it against the starter I think.