Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

GM Cadillac chief: New CT5 will replace 3 sedans; EVs coming

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-17, 02:26 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
no one said gm will drop ALL sedans but if they have huge inventory and end up selling the excess at a loss, then clearly they have too many models or too much production or both.
This was my understanding too. It makes sense that if the sedan segment is shrinking with no turn around in the immediate future that GM or any corporation would look to cut back and put their focus and resources elsewhere.
Old 08-07-17, 04:51 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
no one said gm will drop ALL sedans but if they have huge inventory and end up selling the excess at a loss, then clearly they have too many models or too much production or both.
Agreed...but I'd hate to see them drop the Lacrosse and/or the Impala. IMO, they are the only GM sedans left in the American market (in the Lacrosse 18" wheel-version) with what I'd call a comfortable ride. The Verano is extremely quiet for a 25K compact, and has a generally comfortable ride in the summer when the tire-rubber is soft, but is firm in the winter. The Regal has become more of a sport-sedan than a nice cruiser. The Malibu is generally comfortable, but not to the Lacrosse or Impala levels. The Cadillac sedans, IMO, have all lost their Cadillac ride.....they are all too stiff now, though I'm going to re-check the XTS, as GM claims some suspension-softening for it this year.