Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus LS500 reviews and discussion

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-18, 07:44 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 372 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS

I know. It’s really a shame.

How so? Many BMW owners do not like the F series, and did not like the bangle butt. Is this that beauty is only skin deep thing, we shouldn't keep score at a kid's soccer game, and feelings first! lol

I do not feel ashamed in any way, and I'm the OP!

p.s. my daddy taught me ugliness is to the bone--would I get banned for this comment? (someone once edited my comment and I was like huh? That's allowed? bizarre)
Old 04-14-18, 07:56 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,720 Likes on 1,948 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnhav430
How so? Many BMW owners do not like the F series, and did not like the bangle butt. Is this that beauty is only skin deep thing, we shouldn't keep score at a kid's soccer game, and feelings first! lol

I do not feel ashamed in any way, and I'm the OP!

p.s. my daddy taught me ugliness is to the bone--would I get banned for this comment? (someone once edited my comment and I was like huh? That's allowed? bizarre)
The problem is this always happens at CL, owners of different generations of cars hate on the new versions really hard. The moderators are aware of it and they actually restrict access to the new model forums of people with older models who are habitual offenders.

Lexus enthusiasts eat their own like nothing I've seen on other forums.
Old 04-14-18, 08:03 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

The problem is this always happens at CL, owners of different generations of cars hate on the new versions really hard. The moderators are aware of it and they actually restrict access to the new model forums of people with older models who are habitual offenders.

Lexus enthusiasts eat their own like nothing I've seen on other forums.
I haven't seen it. Seriously, E90 owners tend to not like the F30 on the BMW forum, and it's the same. F owners will say E owners are just sour grapes that they can't get a new F. But which car was removed from the C&D 10 best after 23 years? The F.

I think as fans and enthusiasts we should be more objective than most. when a carbon fiber driveshaft is removed, the enthusiast says that's bs that stinks, I prefer the cheaper one that had it, not the more expensive one without. The guy leasing a new car just says who cares I got the new one, you got the old, you just think what you got is the best. Not so at all. New BMW X1 is FWD, old BMW X1 is RWD. I think the older one is better. Just as that LS500 in person looks worse, to me, than it does on the web. And it's only my opinion, it's subjective. The motor having 2 less cyl., that's a fact.
Old 04-14-18, 08:09 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

This forum is full of what I just described. If you're not buying the car, and don't like the car, why post the same negative viewpoints over and over again? Why not let people who do like the car and are buying the car enjoy discussing it in their forum without being barraged by negative posters who don't own the car or like the car or have interest in buying the car.

If you want to talk about cars objectively, thats what the CarChat forum is for.
Old 04-14-18, 08:16 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

So if I don't think the car looks very good, I am in the correct forum? hahahahaha I think I know what you mean....ok....

thinking about this on the bmw forum, I am only on the e90, so that would mean e90 owners are talking about the f30 on the e90 section, and either e90 owners also have a f30, or, f30 owners are coming over and bashing the e90...but even on the e90 forum which is for 325/330 then 328/335, there was a lot of bashing internally, namely the 335 owners can be labeled the bad guys....which isn't true imho
Old 04-14-18, 08:33 AM
BrownPride
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it's a handsome car but it's certainly overstyled and won't age as well as the S-class, which is far more stately and mature in appearance.

I agree with what somebody else said about the interior feeling small.
Old 04-14-18, 08:34 AM
BrownPride
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't seen it. Seriously, E90 owners tend to not like the F30 on the BMW forum, and it's the same. F owners will say E owners are just sour grapes that they can't get a new F. But which car was removed from the C&D 10 best after 23 years? The F.

I think as fans and enthusiasts we should be more objective than most. when a carbon fiber driveshaft is removed, the enthusiast says that's bs that stinks, I prefer the cheaper one that had it, not the more expensive one without. The guy leasing a new car just says who cares I got the new one, you got the old, you just think what you got is the best. Not so at all. New BMW X1 is FWD, old BMW X1 is RWD. I think the older one is better. Just as that LS500 in person looks worse, to me, than it does on the web. And it's only my opinion, it's subjective. The motor having 2 less cyl., that's a fact.
It's because the F30 guys on Bimmerpost keep trying to make excuses for why their car is better than the E90, which it is not and they know it too but they have to justify their expensive purchase somehow. The E90 was far and beyond the best vehicle in its class whereas the F30 has been a major disappointment on all fronts save for tech. It's like a refreshed E90 inside and out with a cheaper interior and *****ty driving dynamics that don't warrant the roundel on the wheel.
Old 04-14-18, 08:41 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

So if I don't think the car looks very good, I am in the correct forum? hahahahaha I think I know what you mean....ok....
You don't have to think the car looks good, you just shouldn't post that it doesn't look good over and over in the forum designed for enthusiasts of that specific model. That is trolling.

Say your piece and move on.

You don't see it because you drive an old model. As someone who does drive new models its very, very tiresome.
Old 04-14-18, 08:44 AM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,327 Likes on 1,054 Posts

thinking about this on the bmw forum, I am only on the e90, so that would mean e90 owners are talking about the f30 on the e90 section, and either e90 owners also have a f30, or, f30 owners are coming over and bashing the e90...but even on the e90 forum which is for 325/330 then 328/335, there was a lot of bashing internally, namely the 335 owners can be labeled the bad guys....which isn't true imho
Ok you are entitle to your observation. But others are too.

Ever see a New Model change Evolve and Grow on ppl? A good example here is, one Lexus Model Owners that sells the almost least amount of that Model, always trashes the New ES. Also trashed the New 2019 ES no one has even seen one yet.

A few years back in a Thread ppl were trashing the Acura TL for being FWD, and not being a good Handling car solely due to the FWD, and saying it could not compete. Until I posted the Track TL FWD that was beating all the RWD cars in its class on the Track everytime. They also trashed Honda/Acura for No V8, even tho they made a V6 (3.5) that made more HP than most V8's then. And also that Honda makes also every Indy car motor, that out does all the completion. Because they were just a V8, RWD crowd. I understand there is personal preference. I'm not saying anyone is a Bad Guy.

But, there are a lots of Designs that I did not like at 1st, and then after a short time they grew on me and the Older Design looked very dated. Not trying to down your opinion, just expressing mine in a healthy way.

A example is the previous Gen GS. I hated the look for years. After some time It grew on me enough that I bought one. LOL!

Last edited by jgscott; 04-14-18 at 08:51 AM.
Old 04-14-18, 08:57 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by jgscott
Ok you are entitle to your observation. But others are too.

Ever see a New Model change Evolve and Grow on ppl? A good example here is, one Lexus Model Owners that sells the almost least amount of that Model, always trashes the New ES. Also trashed the New 2019 ES no one has even seen one yet.

A few years back in a Thread ppl were trashing the Acura TL for being FWD, and not being a good Handling car solely due to the FWD, and saying it could not compete. Until I posted the Track TL FWD that was beating all the RWD cars in its class on the Track everytime. They also trashed Honda/Acura for No V8, even tho they made a V6 (3.5) that made more HP than most V8's then. And also that Honda makes also every Indy car motor, that out does all the completion. Because they were just a V8, RWD crowd. I understand there is personal preference. I'm not saying anyone is a Bad Guy.

But, there are a lots of Designs that I did not like at 1st, and then after a short time they grew on me and the Older Design looked very dated. Not trying to down your opinion, just expressing mine in a healthy way.

A example is the previous Gen GS. I hated the look for years. After some time It grew on me enough that I bought one. LOL!
My point was that I have never seemingly experienced the Lexus owners hating every new Lexus? If I am to understand it, or I could have misunderstood, it's on the model forum, not car chat.

The weird thing I find, is that say a car co. decontents a car. In 2008, a 13-spk harmon kardon was standard, and in 2009, it became optional, and the base price went up. On another forum, there would be 2009 owners saying 2008 owners are haters for mentioning it, that petty. I haven't seen that on Club Lexus. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough lol

I dunno, is the BMW 7 bangle butt maybe what you say? I hated it when it came out, ugly, reminded me of a Dodge Stratus. I can tolerate the 2008, which is the same generation. But they did refresh it so as to not be as offensive, if that's the word. Maybe they will do something similar with the LS. Or rather, they will. Just look at both the 3rd and 4th gens, they did refresh as time went on. So good point....
Old 04-14-18, 09:13 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

My point was that I have never seemingly experienced the Lexus owners hating every new Lexus
Then you haven't looked LOL. It happens all the time, every time a new model comes out.
Old 04-14-18, 01:54 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,327 Likes on 1,054 Posts

/\ Yep like you said, never fails, every time. LOL!
Old 04-14-18, 07:58 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Finally saw one on the road tonight! It was dark but I think it looks great on the road, the triple LED headlights are very bright!
Old 04-14-18, 08:03 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Haven't seen one in NYC yet. I doubt it will be very popular in NYC - its too pretentious for the conservative buyers, and at the same time doesn't have enough flair for the snobs.
Old 04-15-18, 09:31 PM
theory816
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Finally saw one on the road tonight! It was dark but I think it looks great on the road, the triple LED headlights are very bright!
Saw one today too. I thought it was an ES from far away, but its actually pretty nice looking. I still cannot get over the rear end.

Quick Reply: Lexus LS500 reviews and discussion