Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

How long does it take to get window regulator/window motor

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-17, 11:15 AM
ilexusnow
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How long does it take to get window regulator/window motor

Hello.
I recently purchased a pre-owned Lexus.
I had my windows tinted on my "new" Lexus. After the shop at Lexus dealer applied window tint, one window has a weird noise when its being operated (going up or down).
I've taken the car with that problem back to the dealer. They had my car for 3.5 days total. They did NOT fix the problem. Charged me $100 (told me my warranty deductible). The guy with whom I'd worked with kept telling me that they are "ordering a window motor" but when I came to pick up my car he told me "two parts are separate. Window regulator and window motor aren't the same anymore. They come as TWO separate parts". Is this true???
They "replaced my window regulator (I doubt if they even did that) and since the problem wasn't fixed, they are ordering a "window motor now". They've "ordered it next business day that would have been this past Monday. and according to the service technician they are now "tracking it" ....

I called the service guy yesterday, left voice mail. He called me back, assured me that he "won't keep you hanging" promised to keep me posted and updated.
So far I've been dealing with this problem since last Tuesday ( 8 days now excluding Saturday). I wonder why I am getting such crappy service from Lexus dealership. When on Toyota service every freaking time I've been treated like a valued customer and I have no complains what so ever about that place. If I had known I'd be treated like crap and wait so long and lied to, I would've purchased a BMW x3 instead (that was our 2nd choice). I love Lexus more than any other cars, but this service at local dealership is just killing my experience.

So far I've been very patient about how I've been treated at that service but my patients is growing vary....
It's useless to talk to their general manager, he promised me thing, never delivered...... empty promises. Doesn't keep his word
How was your experience at your Lexus local service? am I over reacting? How long should I wait? Another 10 days? etc?
Old 10-05-17, 08:16 AM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,791 Likes on 1,924 Posts

Yes, the two are most definitely not the same part.

http://www.samarins.com/glossary/window-regulator.html

I think more context is needed. Did you make an advance appointment to have them look at the window, or just leave them with it as soon as you noticed it? With this type of issue, I would say it is not critical, and you could make an appointment in advance to make sure your car isn't just sitting in a queue waiting to be worked on.

They had my car for 3.5 days total.
Did they tell you it would be this long?

ordered it next business day that would have been this past Monday
So, the part was ordered on Monday? I think that means that they put in the order, and it still needs to be shipped. I would be surprised if it were at the dealer by Wednesday.

What would you like to see improved in the service? I'm honestly not seeing anything out of place here apart from maybe the fact that they had your car for a few days. 3 days is a long time.
Old 10-05-17, 09:06 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 372 Likes on 346 Posts

I dunno, I purchased a used Lexus, from a non Lexus dealer (Buick/GMC). I discovered that the driver door actuator did not work--the GMC dealer agreed to fix it for free....they looked at it on a Thu., and so once they confirmed the actuator was needed, I was hoping they could fix the car Thu. or Fri. They said don't count on Fri. because we need to get the part. I found this odd since the part is all over eBay and on the web, there is a Lexus dealer down the road, and this is the NYC metro area. I got a voicemail first thing Mon. stating your special order door part is in, so just let us know when you can come in and have it installed.

Why it mattered is the dealer is 2 1/2 hours away. But the fact that they called first thing Monday, to me implies the part came late Fri. (next day) So in other words even though I wondered if they were being truthful, I think they were...my .02 The other thing is that they agreed to do the front brakes with OE parts as well, and they did it that day, and the boxes of the returned parts had the name of the Lexus dealer down the road, so maybe the Lexus dealer really didn't have the part in stock. I know if you order touch-up paint, no Lexus dealer had 072 in stock, it had to be ordered from Sherwin Williams Automotive and drop shipped....tubes are Lexus OE....