Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

asian delivery program

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-17, 03:12 PM
Baboo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default asian delivery program

does Lexus offer an Asian delivery program like Mercedes, etc?
Old 10-04-17, 04:51 PM
sears1234
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

no, I talked to Lexus dealer before, and they don't do any custom order, not to mention Asian delivery.
Old 10-05-17, 05:37 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 372 Likes on 346 Posts

Now that would be interesting, I'd pick it up in Singapore...

better yet, does Lexus actually allow customers to order cars? When I inquired at Infiniti, you're not actually ordering the car, the dealer is on an allocation, and then the dealer says this one is sold to you (but anything can happen). With BMW, it's your car, you can have it delivered in Europe, the performance center in SC, or another dealership. BMW has your name associated with the VIN.
Old 10-05-17, 04:21 PM
KahnBB6

Received 1,243 Likes on 866 Posts

As far as I know the only custom ordering Toyota/Lexus has ever done (as far as options only within whatever allocation was available to a dealer) was for the LF-A. Other that one temporary exception in their history it is just whatever Toyota/Lexus decides they want to allocate for this region or that region of a given market based on their own internal metrics or whatever agreements they might have with some of their dealers.

But they really should do their own version of what BMW and Mercedes does with a personalized ordering and delivery process. Scouring a continent's dealer network for a specifically optioned model as you would prefer to have ordered it from the factory is more hassle and hit and miss than being allowed to order what you want from Lexus in the first place. I'm sure some people would enjoy a total "delivery experience" a la BMW as well.

Comparatively (not to Lexus but with asian market manufacturers in general) I believe Mazda allows custom ordering of their models. Subaru doesn't. Honda may but I am not sure. Acura does at least with the new NSX (for which there is a full customer viewable build process in Ohio and a delivery program much as GM offers for the Corvette). Not sure about Hyundai's position on custom ordering or whether or not their newly formed Genesis brand will allow custom ordering of their models or a customer delivery program. Nissan... I don't think so unless the customer is buying a GTR. Infiniti I have no idea but as with Lexus, Infiniti should really consider doing this as well.

I've yet to hear of any custom ordering allowed even for the LC500 or its hybrid twin.

Last edited by KahnBB6; 10-05-17 at 04:25 PM.
Old 10-05-17, 04:27 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

BMW also has a Performance Center Delivery in South Carolina which can be done in addition to European Delivery or separately. Obviously for X models, there is no European Delivery.

Lexus should at least setup something like that. It really helps to develop customer enthusiasm and loyalty.

Porsche also has a great program.
Old 10-05-17, 04:54 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
BMW also has a Performance Center Delivery in South Carolina which can be done in addition to European Delivery or separately. Obviously for X models, there is no European Delivery.

Lexus should at least setup something like that. It really helps to develop customer enthusiasm and loyalty.

Porsche also has a great program.
Both the BMW PDC and European Delivery programs sound like great experiences.