Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

AMG Performance Tour, VIDEO UPDATE POST#49, 38 & 40........

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-17, 04:45 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
truth is my wife actually tells me to wait for the gs lease to end and then get my e63s or cls63s or s63s. they are monsters and ridiculous, but they are no sports car. i kind of prefer having a regular daily driver and then something i can have fun with for the weekends.
We tend to think alike !! good luck with your search.
Old 11-04-17, 04:54 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
Wow, that is one great perks for owning an AMG.
Looks soooooo relaxing from the hotel pictures

More pictures Andrew!!!
Attached a few more pictures, including some over head aerial pics of the cars going around the track they took
Yes, that’s an awesome site for a resort, I did not even know it existed before. Just found out the resort was bought and refurbished last year by an auto group of dealerships and re-opened. No wonder they use it to host these events. It is open to the public too.

Last edited by Gojirra99; 11-04-17 at 06:27 AM.
Old 11-04-17, 10:44 AM
GS3Tek

Received 168 Likes on 127 Posts

Thanks for the updated pictures.

I don't know, a crazy part of me want to drive that S coupe around the track
Old 11-04-17, 11:30 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,486 Likes on 1,633 Posts

really annoying having to go back to the first page and keep scrolling through pics i've already seen to see what's new - i know, first world problem.

anyway, what car did you enjoy driving the most and why?
Old 11-04-17, 11:37 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

truth is my wife actually tells me to wait for the gs lease to end and then get my e63s or cls63s or s63s. they are monsters and ridiculous, but they are no sports car. i kind of prefer having a regular daily driver and then something i can have fun with for the weekends.
trying to follow this... e/cls/s are all sedans and not sports cars but are you saying because they are more practical than a sports car you could have one of those as a daily as well as have fun on the weekend?

my experience is that i don't want a one size trying to fit all vehicle. for me if it's to be fun it should be lighter, smaller, low cog, doesn't need ludicrous hp, etc.

if my work continues to keep me this busy maybe i don't even get to think much!
because it's easier to pay for or you won't think about doing it because you have no time?
Old 11-04-17, 09:40 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
trying to follow this... e/cls/s are all sedans and not sports cars but are you saying because they are more practical than a sports car you could have one of those as a daily as well as have fun on the weekend?

my experience is that i don't want a one size trying to fit all vehicle. for me if it's to be fun it should be lighter, smaller, low cog, doesn't need ludicrous hp, etc.

because it's easier to pay for or you won't think about doing it because you have no time?
you got it the other way. my wife wants me to just get a e63s or so and be with it. i don't want that because it's a compromise. i want something like gts or gt3 or nsx, something that's true sports car

my work and family has totally kept me away from thinking about cars for the past couple of years
Old 11-04-17, 09:41 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
Attached a few more pictures, including some over head aerial pics of the cars going around the track they took
Yes, that’s an awesome site for a resort, I did not even know it existed before. Just found out the resort was bought and refurbished last year by an auto group of dealerships and re-opened. No wonder they use it to host these events. It is open to the public too.
it is indeed a very nice place!!!!!!

they opened up the new porsche driving center here in socal, quite a few of my friends have gone and love it. hopefully one day i can attend too!
Old 11-05-17, 06:32 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

They actually had a media day for this AMG tour before the customers, so one of the YouTube reviewers who attended the media day posted up a video ...

Last edited by Gojirra99; 11-05-17 at 06:46 AM.
Old 11-05-17, 06:39 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
Thanks for the updated pictures.

I don't know, a crazy part of me want to drive that S coupe around the track
You are welcome Chris
Though not a real sports car, the S63 coupe is actually surprisingly agile for a 2-ton+ vehicle.
I know you want one
Old 11-05-17, 07:42 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
They actually had a media day for this AMG tour before the customers, so one of the YouTube reviewers who attended the media day posted up a video ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nEo1aGMN44
Another video ...

Old 11-05-17, 08:51 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

you got it the other way. my wife wants me to just get a e63s or so and be with it. i don't want that because it's a compromise. i want something like gts or gt3 or nsx, something that's true sports car
i'm hoping you get your wish (a sports car!)!!

my work and family has totally kept me away from thinking about cars for the past couple of years
understand... but if you want it and can do it you should - life is short!
Old 11-05-17, 09:32 AM
TripleL
No Substitute

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice videos for a fun day!
Old 11-05-17, 09:41 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
really annoying having to go back to the first page and keep scrolling through pics i've already seen to see what's new - i know, first world problem.

anyway, what car did you enjoy driving the most and why?
I didn’t post the videos on the first page, happy now ?
Of course I enjoy the GT R the most, it gives you the most confidence in taking the corners, adhesion to the road is most impressive, feels so stable on the track all the time and is the most responsive as well. This is a compact track without really long straights, I would sure love to drive this car in a longer/larger track.

Last edited by Gojirra99; 11-06-17 at 12:27 AM.
Old 11-05-17, 09:47 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

it is indeed a very nice place!!!!!!

they opened up the new porsche driving center here in socal, quite a few of my friends have gone and love it. hopefully one day i can attend too!
The resort and the track are both owned and operated by an auto group who is a MB franchisee. I hope to have the chance to go again after they expanded the track facility.
Do you have to own a Porsche to qualify for the Porsche driving center ?

Last edited by Gojirra99; 03-06-20 at 11:43 AM.
Old 11-05-17, 11:58 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ohh Henry, please get the E63S! I’m thinking either E63S or M5 for me as well, so far they are dead even! Also depends on what my wife gets, if she goes for GLS, then I prob won’t get the Benz since I want some variety in the garage. But the exhaust note from the E63S is so attractive I think I will kick myself in the butt for not getting it. Maybe you getting one will temp me more towards it, and you can guide me to getting a better deal too!

Quick Reply: AMG Performance Tour, VIDEO UPDATE POST#49, 38 & 40........