Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

AMG Performance Tour, VIDEO UPDATE POST#49, 38 & 40........

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-17, 05:44 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,370 Likes on 1,555 Posts

Thanks for videos. Drivers in second video are terrible. Cars seem to be very close to one another on the track, is that to contain speed? in second video guy says exhaust burble on off throttle is due to deliberate misfiring, is that true? Figured it would be exhaust mechanism instead.
Old 11-06-17, 07:35 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 218 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
Thanks for videos. Drivers in second video are terrible. Cars seem to be very close to one another on the track, is that to contain speed? in second video guy says exhaust burble on off throttle is due to deliberate misfiring, is that true? Figured it would be exhaust mechanism instead.
Since this is a free “beginners” programme, they stated before we got on the track, no overtaking allowed.
They divide the cars into groups of 3, and in each group the 3 drivers take turns driving the 3 cars around the track. If the lead car is not as fast as you like you cannot try to overtake. Plus it is a tight track with many turns and no really long straights, the lead car does not have the chance to really take off to leave the others far behind.

These 2 videos were filmed on media day also, they know they will be filming, so their arrangements could also be different from the following days for us clients. Maybe in some segments, they want more cars to appear together on the track at once.

I did not hear directly from Mercedes myself, but those guys in the second video said Mercedes told them they are deliberate misfirings, they said so in the replies way down from the video in YouTube.

Last edited by Gojirra99; 11-16-17 at 02:56 AM.
Old 11-06-17, 09:04 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
The resort and the track are both owned and operated by an auto group who is a MB franchisee. I hope to have the chance to go again after they expanded the track facility.
Do you have to own a Porsche to qualify for the Porsche driving center ?
no, the porsche driving school is just like a business, anyone can go sign up for classes and drive certain type of cars. very similar to bmw m school and amg academy, just that this new porsche school is a lot closer to me

Originally Posted by blacksc400
Ohh Henry, please get the E63S! I’m thinking either E63S or M5 for me as well, so far they are dead even! Also depends on what my wife gets, if she goes for GLS, then I prob won’t get the Benz since I want some variety in the garage. But the exhaust note from the E63S is so attractive I think I will kick myself in the butt for not getting it. Maybe you getting one will temp me more towards it, and you can guide me to getting a better deal too!
hahaha, i wouldn't mind amg or m as daily but it will NOT be a compromise between my daily and a weekend fun sports car

and for my daily, a car like e63s can leave some to think about. i drive about 12k miles a year at least, and i say 50/50 local/highway and my avg speed is right around 30mph. with a car like these, the most painful part is the tires, basically that's 2k plus a year on tires and that's not even trying to drag

but yes, make it ANY amg, the sound is just ridiculous!!!!!!!!
Old 11-10-17, 11:49 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 218 Likes on 146 Posts
Default Another new video on this event ........