Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2018 Lincoln Navigator reviews

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-18, 02:48 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 69 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by SW15LS
Just FYI, my 2003 ES300 navigation had a breadcrumb feature, as have all my other Lexus vehicles
lol.......
Old 02-07-18, 04:58 PM
MattyG
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

$100K for a Lincoln? That's not the average Lincoln buyer, that's for sure. You're into RR territory by then and that's real snob appeal. Lincoln is doing ok with the Continental. Sales numbers aren't going to be stellar with a flagship for any car company, but they are moving them. Average transaction price is hovering around $57K for the Continental according to KBB.

Heck you can have a GLS550 for a $100K.
Old 02-07-18, 05:00 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by MattyG
$100K for a Lincoln? That's not the average Lincoln buyer, that's for sure. You're into RR territory by then and that's real snob appeal. Lincoln is doing ok with the Continental. Sales numbers aren't going to be stellar with a flagship for any car company, but they are moving them. Average transaction price is hovering around $57K for the Continental according to KBB.

a Nav over a RR or GLS any day of the week.
Old 02-07-18, 05:04 PM
Hoovey689
Forum Moderator

Received 126 Likes on 84 Posts

Base price is $72,055, I don't think the majority will be spec'd to $100K
Old 02-07-18, 05:08 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

I looked at a new Navigator at the D.C. Auto Show, and was able to sit inside and do a static-review, though, of course, not a test-drive. Though I don't care for the way the center-dash screen is mounted, believe me, there is a reason why this vehicle costs what it does....the Escalade is going to get caught with its pants down

I'm eagerly looking forward to a test-drive....hopefully by the end of next month, when Lincoln's test-drive offer (a donation to a charity in your name) expires....but that, of course, will determine when Lincoln releases it.
Old 02-07-18, 05:09 PM
MattyG
Lexus Champion

Yayyyy $100K Navigator!!!!

Old 02-07-18, 05:10 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mmarshall
I looked at a new Navigator at the D.C. Auto Show, and was able to sit inside and do a static-review, though, of course, not a test-drive. Though I don't care for the way the center-dash screen is mounted, believe me, there is a reason why this vehicle costs what it does.

I'm eagerly looking forward to a test-drive....hopefully by the end of next month, when Lincoln's test-drive offer (a donation to a charity in your name) expires....but that, of course, will determine when Lincoln releases it.
Exactly 👍. Some people on her just don’t want to admit things.
Old 02-07-18, 05:17 PM
MattyG
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Base price is $72,055, I don't think the majority will be spec'd to $100K
It's aspirational on Lincoln's part but certainly not reality right now. This is a very class and image conscious group of buyers. But again, by the time you get to the fancy trappings of the model that's being rightfully praised, that price goes way, way up. That's the point IMO.
Old 02-07-18, 05:20 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

It's aspirational on Lincoln's part but certainly not reality right now. This is a very class and image conscious group of buyers. But again, by the time you get to the fancy trappings of the model that's being rightfully praised, that price goes way, way up. That's the point IMO.
Nah. You are wrong. Navigator and Escalade compete in the high end segment. and they by far lead the class.
Old 02-07-18, 06:23 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,506 Likes on 1,647 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
Nah. You are wrong. Navigator and Escalade compete in the high end segment. and they by far lead the class.
There are MB, RR, other ute buyers that will NEVER consider an escalade or navigator.
Old 02-07-18, 06:28 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bitkahuna

There are MB, RR, other ute buyers that will NEVER consider an escalade or navigator.
I think you and others put too much stock on RR and other Utes vs the Navigator or Escalade. These are only two models from Lincoln or Cadillac that are on tier 1 level.
Old 02-07-18, 07:31 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,772 Likes on 1,979 Posts

I personally wouldn’t select a Navigator over a Range Rover. I wouldn’t even consider one. It’s a nice vehicle, but the only reason I would consider one is if I needed to tow or I needed to carry a lot of people. Range Rover is only 2 rows remember.

To to fair, $100k is a maxed out Black Label, most Navigators will be mid $80s to $90k. With any options at all a Range Rover is $100k, and optioned like a Black Label Navigator one is more like $130k.

Even so, I would rather have a lightly optioned RR than a fully loaded Navigator.
Old 02-07-18, 07:47 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

While purely on status Lincoln can not compete next to a RR, however they arent hell bent on competing with them. It seems like theyre on target for Caddie instead.

https://jalopnik.com/ford-can-t-make...use-1822678975
Old 02-07-18, 07:50 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by SW15LS
Even so, I would rather have a lightly optioned RR than a fully loaded Navigator.
Given how nice both of those vehicles are, I think Cadillac is going to be under some pressure to make some major improvements on the next-generation Escalade. Although I often express my opinions, I'm going to do something that I rarely do on Car Chat....make an actual out-and-out prediction. Unless the engineers are simply determined to have maximum-towing capacity at all costs, I'm reasonably certain that the next-generation Escalade (and, of course, its Suburban/Yukon cousins) will dump the solid (live) rear axle that the Suburban has had since 1936....for over 80 years. That, of course, will make a noticeable improvement in the ride and handling...something that has been an Escalade weak point for years.
Old 02-07-18, 07:55 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by coolsaber
While purely on status Lincoln can not compete next to a RR, however they arent hell bent on competing with them. It seems like theyre on target for Caddie instead.
The Navigator is also significantly larger, more bulky, and has much lower Approach/Breakover/Departure angles than an RR, which, of course, makes it less-suitable for classic off-road operations.

Quick Reply: 2018 Lincoln Navigator reviews