Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

anyone want to see my 2018 E63S AMG wagon in designo red?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-17, 05:22 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by diablo1
Here it is.
Nice car. Mercedes just gets the styling right. Love the interior design.
Old 11-25-17, 11:14 AM
diablo1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the compliments guys. Really appreciate it. I wish Lexus and others would release a car in this segment too. Europe has the RS6 wagon, 540i M Sport wagon, even a Mercedes C63 S wagon. At least the Jag XF wagon is available here now, but no performance version yet...

Originally Posted by Aron9000
The older supercharged E55 AMG wagons are worth about double their sedan counterpart in similar condition. At least that's what I noticed when I thought about buying one of these a few years ago(repair costs talked me out of it, and this is one of the more reliable German muscle cars)
Ya, wagons definitely hold their value better - I guess less competition in that niche, plus limited supply... The used ones are very hard to find. Usually only a handful available in the country at any given time.

Originally Posted by sears1234
Very nice car, but with current speed limit in US, it's a waste of power.
It's still pretty fun up to the legal speed limit which I obey at all times.

Originally Posted by COOLIS
Amazing car! I've always liked wagons. Do they still have the rear facing third-row seat? A friends mom in elementary school had one of the early 90's 300 wagons, and that was always my favorite place to sit.
The E400 wagon still has the rear-facing third row, but the E63S doesn't.
Old 11-26-17, 05:01 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Seriously?

I don't advocate speeding myself, but most cops (and most speed-cameras, if and where applicable), give you about a 10-MPH leeway or so before you get nabbed. That's to take into account things like gravity going downhill, quick changes in the speed limit itself, speedometer error from the factory, hard-to-read gauges, and oversize wheels/tires that give additional false speedometer readings.
Old 11-28-17, 12:54 PM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

And I'm the pope

Seriously though, newer cars with insane hp, you only get about 3-5 second romp of the throttle before its go to jail time type of speed. Read a review of a new 911 GT3 with the "new" six speed manual. That car revs to 9000rpm, shifting at redline in 2nd to 3rd occurs at 83mph. You can't hardly wind the thing out on the street without getting into trouble.
Old 11-28-17, 05:21 PM
Rhambler
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Yet people still buy them.

I agree that most people won't even use a tenth of their capability, but man, with that much power on tap, just zooming away at stoplights is very addicting and grin inducing, HUGE GRINS. I'm not talking exhibition of speed zooming away, but just a semi-hard throttle will greatly push you back into your seat and is a feeling that just can't be faithfully described. It's something you have to experience for yourself, and is a feat that just can't be reproduced in any normal car.

Drive a car that reach 60 in 4 seconds or less and you'll know...

And that's why people buy them.

Think LFA in a station wagon. In fact, it's probably faster yet still practical lol.
Old 11-28-17, 05:57 PM
MattyG
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That is one spectacular wagon. It's the right color too. There's a very old rule about styling cars: if looks fast standing still, like it does in the pics - you have a winner. Doesn't matter if it's a sedan, wagon or coupe. There's a very fine line with styling a vehicle and it often marks the difference between looking garish and disconnected and simple clean elegance. This wagon captures what understated styling is all about. You don't need kid racer, "look at me" styling. This wagon's got the beef to back up the sizzle.
Old 11-28-17, 07:19 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

It's still pretty fun up to the legal speed limit which I obey at all times
And I'm the pope
Old 12-03-17, 05:15 PM
diablo1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
LOL! Awesome photo...
Old 12-04-17, 11:10 AM
Stroock639
Lexus Test Driver

Received 241 Likes on 182 Posts

VERY nice, i love the AMG E-Class (or E-Klasse lol), so much so that i bought one myself haha... just such a good balance of performance, driving feel, comfort, luxuriousness, size, gets "decent" mpgs, and just looks great. such a good package, i just wish toyota had an equivalent! the E55 is one of very few cars that i'd consider holistically almost as good as the LS 400. if i had to choose it'd still be the LS but damn the AMG makes an extremely compelling argument
Old 12-04-17, 11:13 AM
Stroock639
Lexus Test Driver

The older supercharged E55 AMG wagons are worth about double their sedan counterpart in similar condition. At least that's what I noticed when I thought about buying one of these a few years ago(repair costs talked me out of it, and this is one of the more reliable German muscle cars)
i bought mine for $11,300 and i definitely haven't seen the wagon for that low, i also don't want the wagon but it's a very cool, unique option to have the ultra fast wagon. it's for the individual who is practical because they HAVE to be not because they want to be
Old 12-04-17, 11:21 AM
Stroock639
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Rhambler
Drive a car that reach 60 in 4 seconds or less and you'll know...

And that's why people buy them.

Think LFA in a station wagon. In fact, it's probably faster yet still practical lol.
that's why i did lol, it's a very intoxicating, addicting sensation. idk how many roller coaster fans we got here, and i'll use six flags great adventure as the example since it's closest to me... my favorite ride there is probably nitro (long smooth coaster with a 230 ft drop that hits like 85 mph, very nice ride), and if you could theoretically teleport yourself right to the ride platform, skip the line, all the waiting, all the dozens of other shouting people on the ride, wouldn't you do that first drop on nitro at least once a day? that's what cars like these are. a god damn roller coaster that can go down the exciting drop whenever you feel like, without having to drive 2 hours to six flags, wait in line, brush up against all the other sweaty people, and has comfortable leather seats instead of being crammed into the roller coaster lap bar. awww... we have a 3 hour drive ahead of us? becomes, nice! we have a 3 hour drive ahead of us!! with a car like this
Old 12-04-17, 11:36 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

I hope you got the performance exhaust option, sounds really good

Last edited by Gojirra99; 12-04-17 at 12:43 PM.
Old 12-21-17, 11:56 AM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Great car, thanks for sharing! Been wanting to pick one up for a while but have been waiting for the EPA clearance...

As far as options, did you get the acoustic comfort package and/or the performance exhaust?