Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Car show attendance?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-23, 12:57 PM
swajames
Pole Position

Received 708 Likes on 443 Posts

Until we started our own technology business I was a Partner at one of the big global consultancy firms and one year I got to deliver a presentation to a bunch of industry executives from all the big US and global players plus their Tier 1 suppliers at the Detroit motor show. This was in the morning of the trade day, so before the show was open to the public, and we got to spend most of the rest of the day at the show. The only people there were industry employees and journalists covering the show, it was a very different experience than it is when the public are visiting. Pretty much nothing was off limits, it was not at all busy, and we got to see rehearsals for product launches and more. So yes these things aren't what they were, and likely won't be again because product launches are handled differently these days, but I will always remember getting to visit what was then the biggest show in North America on the industry day.