Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

This doesn't sound like the right thing to do

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-18, 05:27 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 372 Likes on 346 Posts
Default This doesn't sound like the right thing to do

I could be biased because I love dogs, but it wouldn't sound right, even for a normal middle of the road person...imho

http://money.cnn.com/2018/01/29/inve...sel/index.html
Old 01-29-18, 05:32 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

I don't necessarily condone the practice myself, but monkeys have been used in medical research for decades....that is nothing new. Though it was some time ago, I remember seeing some at the Walter Reed Army Medical Center in D.C....one of the most well-known hospitals in the country.

With auto companies, though, I don't think monkeys are limited to just testing diesel fumes....they appear to be designing some the front grilles LOL.
Old 01-29-18, 05:50 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 372 Likes on 346 Posts

Interesting....we went to my wife's godson's christening at Walter Reed. I was kind of surprised how easy it was to enter (paper, nothing electronic). That would be kind of weird, going for a physical, say, and passing by a room of caged monkeys? lol

Sometimes I wonder if it would be cool living down there. We were just down there this weekend. This is how crazy my wife and I are, she said, let's check out the Costco down here, to see if they carry different products than we're used to. So we did, in Gaithersburg. Holy cow it was like Black Friday in the parking lot, super crowded everywhere!

p.s. we also went to mass in Germantown, and remarked how super diverse the parish is. In our town, it's almost all Irish and Italian....
Old 01-29-18, 06:46 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnhav430
Interesting....we went to my wife's godson's christening at Walter Reed. I was kind of surprised how easy it was to enter (paper, nothing electronic). That would be kind of weird, going for a physical, say, and passing by a room of caged monkeys? lol
Wasn't quite that simple. When I saw the monkeys, it was a number of years ago, back during my Federal career, when my agency sent us employees to night school (at their expense) to take come college courses. The courses had nothing to do with medicine, but were actually held in one of the conference rooms in Walter Reed's research-wing...the local college had rented space there for night classes. As we walked down the hall to our classes, we could see, through the windows, the monkeys (poor things) in cages inside some of the rooms, locked up. Some of our employees wouldn't attend because they thought they were bring unnecessarily exposed to disease.

Sometimes I wonder if it would be cool living down there. We were just down there this weekend. This is how crazy my wife and I are, she said, let's check out the Costco down here, to see if they carry different products than we're used to. So we did, in Gaithersburg. Holy cow it was like Black Friday in the parking lot, super crowded everywhere!
Welcome to the D.C. area. I wasn't kidding when I told you this area has the second-worst traffic in the country....only behind Los Angeles. You live in this area, you simply get used to traffic and crowds....its a fact of life.

...and if you think Gaithersburg is crowded, just cross the river and see the traffic in Fairfax County, VA, where I live LOL.

p.s. we also went to mass in Germantown, and remarked how super diverse the parish is. In our town, it's almost all Irish and Italian....
Yep, classic mixing bowl.....people from all over the world. Looks like the United Nations.

Last edited by mmarshall; 01-29-18 at 06:50 AM.