Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

sales call from dealership

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-18, 08:09 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 372 Likes on 346 Posts
Default sales call from dealership

We had our car repaired early Dec., and been waiting to bring it back for the repair under extended warranty. After 6 weeks of never hearing from the dealership, I called, and they said oh the part is on national backorder so GM may not be able to get it through normal sources, but we'll let you know. Nuts, it's a 2011 car.

I see a missed call from the dealer, thinking oh the parts are in. Check my voicemail, and it's the GM of the dealership, saying they are about to miss an aggressive sales number, but they have until Monday, so rest assured, they can get us out of our current car, and put us into a brand new one for the same monthly payment.

I would love to ask him can I get a 2018 for $0? And since you are the GM, is our car so rare that no parts are available for 2 mos. hahahahahahahahahaha never again
Old 02-03-18, 08:18 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnhav430
We had our car repaired early Dec., and been waiting to bring it back for the repair under extended warranty. After 6 weeks of never hearing from the dealership, I called, and they said oh the part is on national backorder so GM may not be able to get it through normal sources, but we'll let you know. Nuts, it's a 2011 car.

I see a missed call from the dealer, thinking oh the parts are in. Check my voicemail, and it's the GM of the dealership, saying they are about to miss an aggressive sales number, but they have until Monday, so rest assured, they can get us out of our current car, and put us into a brand new one for the same monthly payment.

I would love to ask him can I get a 2018 for $0? And since you are the GM, is our car so rare that no parts are available for 2 mos. hahahahahahahahahaha never again
Just out of curiosity, would that part have been one of those defective ignition switches? They were back-ordered, of course, by the millions...as was the case with some of the Takada air-bag hardware.

As for the new-car-payment, it's probably simple arithmetic. The dealer simply keeps (more or less) the same monthly payment, and stretches it way out beyond what it would have been on the old car. Then, instead of passing it on to you, they pocket whatever rebate or credit may be due to you on the new car. That (technically) fulfills their promise of a new car with no increase in monthly payment. Last, of course, WHICH new car are they talking about? ....they could be quoting you a price on a new Chevrolet Spark, which starts at 13K LOL.
Old 02-03-18, 08:54 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnhav430

Some of these dealers are just moronic. I test drove a Cadillac ATS a few years ago, before I decided on a BMW. My reward for putting down my contact information? Entry of my cell phone on the dealer's robocall list. Every few weeks, I would get a recorded robocall from the dealer GM telling me about some sale they had. I finally called back, livid, and said I would never ever buy a car from any of their dealers (ARMEN!!!!) if I got another call. And by the way, what customers, exactly, appreciate getting impersonal robocalls like this once a month? Just mind-boggling.
Old 02-03-18, 08:59 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 372 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by tex2670
Some of these dealers are just moronic. I test drove a Cadillac ATS a few years ago, before I decided on a BMW. My reward for putting down my contact information? Entry of my cell phone on the dealer's robocall list. Every few weeks, I would get a recorded robocall from the dealer GM telling me about some sale they had. I finally called back, livid, and said I would never ever buy a car from any of their dealers (ARMEN!!!!) if I got another call. And by the way, what customers, exactly, appreciate getting impersonal robocalls like this once a month? Just mind-boggling.
OMG that's the dealer who gave me the fake code for driving the then new Chevy Tahoe!! An elderly couple came in, it was like some Sat. in the summer, dead. So she goes, "Who is Michael xxxxxx, we want to buy a new Suburban right now."

The guy jumped out of his chair, I am! Then she goes well we want to buy it from anyone but you, because you don't return phone calls....lol I remember being shocked the sticker was $64k on the one I drove for $50. But the a****** gave me a fake code....(I got my gift card in the end)

the part we are waiting for is for a rear captain's chair, it is moving around when people sit in it.....it's not the entire chair. They said they would try the part per GMPP, then if that doesn't work replace the chair. This is gonna take a long, long time I can see....