Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

$1000 off of a new Lexus certificate question

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-18, 04:58 PM
WhatYaGot
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
Question $1000 off of a new Lexus certificate question

Hi,

Does anyone know if Lexus gives out a certificate like this every year? If so, where and when?

I know they did last year.

This was the details:

Enter to win tickets to the US Open and you'll also receive by email a certificate good for an additional $1000 of a new Lexus. Certificate expires 12/31/17. This is IN ADDITION to any and all rebates and whatever you negotiate!

The fine print says:
Customer Instructions: Offer valid for the person named above who purchases, finances or leases a new Lexus at a participating Lexus dealer. Offer void where prohibited by law. Negotiate your best deal first, and then give the $1,000 certificate to your dealer, who will apply the discount toward the down payment on a finance contract, or toward the amount due at lease signing, or toward the capitalized cost reduction on a lease. This certificate must be presented to your dealer at the time of purchase to be honored....
Old 02-10-18, 11:43 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 167 Likes on 99 Posts

I can't answer the above, but beware... Lexus has jacked up lease prices by about $1000 across the board for down payments. This is compared to this time last year. I suppose the interest rate is behind the big increase. But those who bought or leased a year ago did far better than what's being offered today. The coupon should help offset that.
Old 02-11-18, 04:02 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 372 Likes on 346 Posts

Is the discount legit.....I thought car cos. like GM did that (you can negotiate your best deal and the salesperson searches to see if you are entitled to any fixed offers from the mfg), but not sure about German or Japanese. Because we get Subaru employee pricing, and it's a game. People have checked and the prices are way higher than if you used your mouth (ie haggled). I do know that all the credit union, Costco, online, etc. All those prices are high--they put an asterisk next to your no haggle price, allowing the dealership to add to it. imho your mouth is your discount. By not using it, money is left on the table.