Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

My lease end experience

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-18, 12:57 PM
mrslnsyder
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default My lease end experience

Wanted to share since I couldn't find tons of info when I was looking for this a few weeks ago.

We just turned in our first Lexus lease (2015 NX) and moved over to a 2018 NX. The 2015 was about 3,000 miles over the lease limit, had one bad tire, and some water damage to the headliner.

We received our final LFS notification today, and there was no charge for the mileage, tire, or wear and tear. We were (incorrectly) charged the disposition fee, but a call to LFS today got that removed.

This was definitely a huge relief though, I was expecting a substantial bill, for the mileage at the very least.
Old 04-02-18, 01:24 PM
arentz07
drives cars
Forum Moderator

Received 3,923 Likes on 1,980 Posts

Originally Posted by mrslnsyder
Wanted to share since I couldn't find tons of info when I was looking for this a few weeks ago.

We just turned in our first Lexus lease (2015 NX) and moved over to a 2018 NX. The 2015 was about 3,000 miles over the lease limit, had one bad tire, and some water damage to the headliner.

We received our final LFS notification today, and there was no charge for the mileage, tire, or wear and tear. We were (incorrectly) charged the disposition fee, but a call to LFS today got that removed.

This was definitely a huge relief though, I was expecting a substantial bill, for the mileage at the very least.
That sounds like it went, uh... well. I have got a door ding on the IS which I have been worried about - but that's the only issue. Sounds like I should not be too concerned then - considering I am putting under 1000 miles a month on the car on average.

Did they give you any incentives on the 2018?
Old 04-02-18, 01:27 PM
situman
Pole Position

Received 166 Likes on 115 Posts

They wont ding you since you moved into another Lexus.
Old 04-02-18, 01:32 PM
mrslnsyder
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by arentz07
That sounds like it went, uh... well. I have got a door ding on the IS which I have been worried about - but that's the only issue. Sounds like I should not be too concerned then - considering I am putting under 1000 miles a month on the car on average.

Did they give you any incentives on the 2018?
Originally it was a flat $500 returning customer incentive, then they upped it to $1,000.

Originally Posted by situman
I read a handful of threads from other members that said they didn't get dinged on wear and tear, but that mileage was a non-negotiable. My salesperson had also said the same thing, so I was pretty surprised.
Old 04-02-18, 01:42 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,514 Likes on 1,653 Posts

nice to hear a good outcome! and welcome!
Old 04-02-18, 02:13 PM
mrslnsyder
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by PatrixUSA
Welcome to Club Lexus.

I agree with other posters... great to hear of such a generous lease-end experience with Lexus, and although I have no experience leasing, I too suspect they waived many overage charges since you moved into another Lexus... although I am skeptical about the mileage overage - just so you are sure no overage charges were bumped into your 18 lease terms and or payment.
Nope, one thing I actually didn't like was that at the time you get your new lease, there's no guarantee of what the charges will be on your old lease, because it's all handled separately by LFS (when I went from VW to VW everything was finished at once). It makes if effectively impossible for the charges to be rolled into you new contract... but it's also concerning not knowing what kind of bill you've got coming in the mail!
Old 04-02-18, 03:07 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by arentz07
I have got a door ding on the IS which I have been worried about - but that's the only issue. Sounds like I should not be too concerned then - considering I am putting under 1000 miles a month on the car on average.
Try this. Obviously it won't take out the metal-ding itself, but if the discoloration with the dent is not too deep in the paint, it will take out the discoloration and make it look a lot better.

Make sure you use the Scratch and Swirl Remover and NOT the rubbing compound...they come in similar bottles.

Old 04-02-18, 03:35 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 171 Likes on 102 Posts

Nice upgrade! Not surprised they didn't ding you on things. 3000 over is really nothing compared to what others drive. Most dealers will also forgive minor things if you stick with them. Very common.
Enjoy
Old 04-02-18, 04:01 PM
oldcajun
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Not necessarily true. Lexus Financial has a new department called end of lease, charged with recovering any money missed at turn-in. I got a call where they wanted over $500 for missed final payment on my 2014 Lexus that I turned in back in June 2016. Fortunately, the dealer agreed to cover this amount so I have no out of pocket expense.
Old 04-02-18, 05:50 PM
EXE46
Lead Lap

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Which dealer in FL did you lease from?
Old 04-02-18, 05:52 PM
mrslnsyder
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by EXE46
Which dealer in FL did you lease from?
Lexus of Jacksonville (I had negative experiences with them overall both times, so I cannot recommend).
Old 04-03-18, 06:53 AM
arentz07
drives cars
Forum Moderator

Received 3,923 Likes on 1,980 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Try this. Obviously it won't take out the metal-ding itself, but if the discoloration with the dent is not too deep in the paint, it will take out the discoloration and make it look a lot better.

Make sure you use the Scratch and Swirl Remover and NOT the rubbing compound...they come in similar bottles.

Yeah. It's a tough one, because I was advised by the body shop that if they did PDR, it would damage the paint. I'm not sure how that would manifest itself - as a crack, maybe? FWIW there's no existing paint damage.

Thanks for the suggestion all the same.
Old 04-03-18, 07:18 AM
situman
Pole Position

Received 166 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by oldcajun
Not necessarily true. Lexus Financial has a new department called end of lease, charged with recovering any money missed at turn-in. I got a call where they wanted over $500 for missed final payment on my 2014 Lexus that I turned in back in June 2016. Fortunately, the dealer agreed to cover this amount so I have no out of pocket expense.
Well missing a payment is a legitimate debt.
Old 04-03-18, 07:35 AM
oldcajun
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Well missing a payment is a legitimate debt.
It was a slightly early turn-in that the dealer was to cover. Somehow, after nearly 2 years, this showed up. Fortunately the dealer stepped up. Lexus also sent me a bill for excess wear and tear that had been paid in July 2016. They demanded payment until I sent proof of payment. I'm done with Lexus Financial which probably means I've bought/leased my last Lexus.
Old 04-03-18, 01:14 PM
theory816
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I woulve charged you for the water damaged headliner but das jus me.

Quick Reply: My lease end experience