Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Infiniti plans overhaul of infotainment system by 2021

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-18, 01:07 AM
BippuLexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Aron9000
Few weeks ago, a co-worker leased a new Infiniti Q70(I think that's what its called now, its the G35 coupe in my brain). 2 door, just a drop dead goregous car on the outside, sort of a sea-foam green/blue sort of color. Interior was mostly black dash/carpets with pale tan, almost white leather seats/accents. Stunning looking car, but man was the dashboard a total dissapointment. I really didn't like the dual screen layout, IMO it looked almost like the old previous gen G35 dash layout, but where they had buttons before, it was that lower touch screen. Lexus, even with their stupid mouse, is miles ahead in interior design. Benz and Audi(especially Audi) are just in a whole different league when it comes to interior design on something costing $40-60k.
Its the Infiniti Q60 (the G37 Coupe replacement). The Infiniti Q70 was the Infiniti M replacement (Nissan Fuga in Japan).

I agree I'm not a fan of Infiniti's interior as well. The dual screen looks a bit tacky. However - many people do like the set-up. Its personal taste. Also - I think the function of the infotainment system can't be commented on unless a owner has own the car for a few years and actually committed to learn the system. What happens is a lot of people lease or go through cars so quickly that they think the majority of the infotainment systems are crap because they don't really learn it.

But I disagree with your comment about Lexus, Benz and Audi's interior design. I think the Lexus interior design is a step up from Audi's A4's interior design. I feel like Audi A4's navigation screen being stuck on there gives it a afterthought look - its like Audi forgot to put a screen so they just slapped it on there last minute. Similarity to the MB C-Class too - the gauges and the navigation screen are two screens stuck together and just slapped on there. But I'll give MB a pass because everything else inside is just flawless.
I think BMW is the only one that did the "slapped on there navigation - non-integrated into the dash navi" right. While there navi is just a screen that's just stuck in there, it flows better with the BMW. Audi's screen doesn't flow at all. It just looks like its stuck on there. Just my opinions.