Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2018 NY Auto Show - Observations

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-18, 09:22 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by EZZ
You're just using anecdotal experience to assign Lexus a mindset but I have the complete reverse experience in my area. The Lexus lobby is pretty empty as a fleet of ES, RC, IS cars await to be loaned out. If you drive under 20 miles, don't need to be refilled.

The BMW area is busy because they just tend to break more. The loaners are Corollas. Haha. I was like WTF! The Audi's are even worse. They hail an Enterprise for you if they run out of loaners. On average, I've had better experiences at Lexus dealerships than any other dealerships.
The loaner experience has been a product of dealership ownership. Some dealers are a pita to work with it, and some dealers goes unspoken they have one ready. Service bays are usually the main golden egg for dealership profits, but if they were more standardized in service quality it would be a whole lot more appealing to people to use over an indy
Old 04-11-18, 09:46 AM
BippuLexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
I have no reason to lie about this and its my opinion but i posted pics to back up my points.
The good thing about the auto show is you can sit in these cars back to back and compare quality, tech, size etc.
For a new flagship for Lexus after 11years for previous gen, I expected more.
While you have no reason to lie - your tone is extremely bias against Lexus. I mean, granted, you are a BMW owner on a Lexus forum so I expected some German bias.

Secondly - back to the point - the Lexus LS is a fantastic car and they did a great job on it so I don't know where this negativity is coming from. About two weeks ago - I went to take my dad's RX to the service and I sat in the Lexus LS just to play with everything. The Lexus LS interior blows everything out of the water. The detail, material, and there just so much right in the car. The Lexus LS made me didn't even want to leave the car. <- which is what a flagship car is suppose to do. It makes you wanna stay in there.

And you calling Lexus graphics "outdated" and "ancient" is ridiculous. Lexus graphics is on-par with BMW and is better than MB/Audi graphics.
Old 04-12-18, 04:11 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by BippuLexus
While you have no reason to lie - your tone is extremely bias against Lexus. I mean, granted, you are a BMW owner on a Lexus forum so I expected some German bias.

Secondly - back to the point - the Lexus LS is a fantastic car and they did a great job on it so I don't know where this negativity is coming from. About two weeks ago - I went to take my dad's RX to the service and I sat in the Lexus LS just to play with everything. The Lexus LS interior blows everything out of the water. The detail, material, and there just so much right in the car. The Lexus LS made me didn't even want to leave the car. <- which is what a flagship car is suppose to do. It makes you wanna stay in there.

And you calling Lexus graphics "outdated" and "ancient" is ridiculous. Lexus graphics is on-par with BMW and is better than MB/Audi graphics.
I recommend you go to our LS forum and read what potential buyers are saying.
Again i have full access to 2017 S550 and have new M3 with latest IDrive - there is a huge difference in the graphics and overall multimedia tech of those systems compared to new LS500.
My criticism is of Fsport trim interior quality apparently the higher luxury versions use better materials. Have you looked at the pics i posted of plastics and small rear space? That cant be disputed.
Old 04-12-18, 09:33 AM
BippuLexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
I recommend you go to our LS forum and read what potential buyers are saying.
Again i have full access to 2017 S550 and have new M3 with latest IDrive - there is a huge difference in the graphics and overall multimedia tech of those systems compared to new LS500.
My criticism is of Fsport trim interior quality apparently the higher luxury versions use better materials. Have you looked at the pics i posted of plastics and small rear space? That cant be disputed.
I have a friend with a track-ready M4 Coupe with the latest iDrive. I track his car from time to time. Let me tell you - the navigation graphics on the M4 is about the same as the graphics on my IS300 and my IS has a bigger screen as well.

Yes. I saw your pictures. My question to you is: did you sit in a LS500 with the "EXECUTIVE PACKAGE WITH KIRIKO GLASS"? My local dealership has a white one with that package on it and the LS500 is priced at 110K sticker. That Non-FSport with that package is literally 10 times better than any S-Class or 7 Series I have seen - the quality, refinement and built just surpasses it. I spent a good 20 minutes in that LS500 because I didn't want to leave it. I was at the dealer waiting for my dad's RX to finish service.

The LS500 model you have shown in the pictures isn't the most "luxurious" LS500 example so you can't really hold a good comparison with it.
Old 04-12-18, 10:20 AM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

I took one for a few days a few months ago, and the nights headed home from work in bumper to bumper traffic. I hadn't a care in the world. Didn't break a sweat, didn't curse traffic. It's amazing how serene the new LS is. How relaxed you feel (could have been the front seat massagers too lol). My tester was somewhat loaded at $101K with the Luxury Package and Quilted-stitch, perforated semi-aniline leather interior trim, 28-way power driver’s seat with multifunction massage. ML etc.. Back to your point. It's a wonderful place to be, and I didn't want to give it back
Old 04-12-18, 11:13 AM
BippuLexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
I took one for a few days a few months ago, and the nights headed home from work in bumper to bumper traffic. I hadn't a care in the world. Didn't break a sweat, didn't curse traffic. It's amazing how serene the new LS is. How relaxed you feel (could have been the front seat massagers too lol). My tester was somewhat loaded at $101K with the Luxury Package and Quilted-stitch, perforated semi-aniline leather interior trim, 28-way power driver’s seat with multifunction massage. ML etc.. Back to your point. It's a wonderful place to be, and I didn't want to give it back
Oh nice. You actually got to keep it for a few days. I wish I had that opportunity. xD

But if you get the chance, try to find one with the Executive Package With Kiriko Glass. The Lexus LS500 in my local dealer had that one and I was literally sitting in there touching every thing - like a creep. Lol. I believe that package make the LS top the S-Class and 7 Series.
Old 04-12-18, 11:46 AM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Oh nice. You actually got to keep it for a few days. I wish I had that opportunity. xD

But if you get the chance, try to find one with the Executive Package With Kiriko Glass. The Lexus LS500 in my local dealer had that one and I was literally sitting in there touching every thing - like a creep. Lol. I believe that package make the LS top the S-Class and 7 Series.
I have, it's very nice. I'm especially fond of the hand-pleated interior door trim (single piece of cloth, folded like origami, by Lexus Takumi), that comes with the Kiriko Glass.
Old 04-12-18, 03:09 PM
BippuLexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
I have, it's very nice. I'm especially fond of the hand-pleated interior door trim (single piece of cloth, folded like origami, by Lexus Takumi), that comes with the Kiriko Glass.
Oh yeah. The interior door trim is extremely nice. There is also nice little LED light within the door trim too which is a great detail. Kiriko glass just feels nice on the hand - I mean for 100K+ it better be. Lol