Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Toyota Crown 1JZ vvti

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-18, 01:34 AM
OMalley
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Toyota Crown 1JZ vvti

Hey guys, I recently purchases a 2000 Toyota Crown Athlete V with a 1JZ-GTE vvti. I'm trying to find aftermarket parts for it such as air intake, exhaust, etc. However, most of the 1JZ parts I find all don't list the Toyota crown as being compatible. There are many cars that used the same engine, and those cars are listed but not the Crown. I'm finding it a bit strange and a bit difficult to find parts.

Does anyone have any ideas on where to find parts? or why the crown my be excluded from being compatible with the other 1JZ parts?

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-12-18, 01:27 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,407 Likes on 1,578 Posts

is this a rhd vehicle?
Old 04-12-18, 05:10 PM
OMalley
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
is this a rhd vehicle?
Yes, of course.
Old 04-12-18, 05:28 PM
MattyG
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like you are after some extra custom go fast power OP. Nice pickup btw - a real stealth bomber that car. Any luck with the Supra forums? They probably know more about JDM mods for turbo I6s. Stock OEM parts are available of course but stuff to make HP could be tricky. Custom fabrication work from a tuner is probably where you're headed.
Old 04-12-18, 06:52 PM
OMalley
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MattyG
Sounds like you are after some extra custom go fast power OP. Nice pickup btw - a real stealth bomber that car. Any luck with the Supra forums? They probably know more about JDM mods for turbo I6s. Stock OEM parts are available of course but stuff to make HP could be tricky. Custom fabrication work from a tuner is probably where you're headed.
Thanks, I'll try and search some supra forums. I'm just looking for basic bolt ons. I do want it to be a sleeper. I mean, it's already a sleeper, but looking to get around 400hp or so out of it.
Old 04-12-18, 07:45 PM
MattyG
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by OMalley
Thanks, I'll try and search some supra forums. I'm just looking for basic bolt ons. I do want it to be a sleeper. I mean, it's already a sleeper, but looking to get around 400hp or so out of it.
Lol. That could be going supersonic but impressive and still tame with 400 hp. Soarer and Chaser mods could be something to look into. I have serious respect for the 1/2 JZ GTE motors. Kid in my town had an Aristo at the same time I had my GS430. That guy's car was wicked fast, stock out of the box.