Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

I bricked my Lexus, almost...

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-18, 11:20 AM
arosnes
Pit Crew

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Default I bricked my Lexus, almost...

Yesterday, I tried to play with the door lock options menu. I have just bought a 2014 GS 300h.

Since nothing seems to work as expected, I shut off all of it:Auto Door Lock, Auto Door Unlock, Remote 2-press unlock etc.
Can't figure it out and better to shut it all off and start from the bottom.

On my way back in I noticed that I had to press the key lock button instead of using the door handle lock sensor.
Nice, at least some difference I thought.

Next morning, I had to unlock with the key, not the handle, just as expected, but the start button did not respond at all. The key was not recognized
in any way. I could not start the car. I even held the key next to the start button while pressing Start. That is when I paniced.

I went back in and read all about how to start a Lexus or Toyota with key problems, but only one youtube video where a guy used the key to actually push the start button
remotely differed from all that I had already tried.

So just before calling for help, I decided to try one last time. I went out and pushed the start button with the key, and the car started.

Happy and relieved, I went into the menu again and re-activated the item called Smart entry and start system.
Old 04-21-18, 05:41 PM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

hehe, nice. Yeah I'd be a little apprehesive to mess with the settings too much....glad you got it started.