Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

April 2018 Sales Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-18, 03:00 PM
GS69
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Lightbulb Jag

https://media.jaguarlandrover.com/en...les-april-2018

JAGUAR LAND ROVER REPORTS U.S. SALES FOR APRIL 2018

1 MAY 2018
Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC today reported April 2018 US sales
DOWNLOAD
  • April 2018 is the best ever US April sales month for Jaguar Land Rover, and the best ever April sales month for the Land Rover brand
  • Updated 2018 MY Range Rover and Range Rover Sport continue to lead the Land Rover sales
  • New SUV products including Land Rover Discovery, Jaguar E-PACE, and the Range Rover Velar help push sales increases for the month
(MAHWAH, NJ) – May 1, 2018 Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC today reported April 2018 US sales: Land Rover reached a new April sales high of 6,448 units, an increase of 24 percent from 5,211 in April 2017; Jaguar sales were 2,019 units, a 37 percent decrease from 3,230 units in April 2017. Jaguar Land Rover April US sales for both brands hit 8,467 units, a slight increase from the previous 8,441 units in April 2017.

“We are proud to have achieved our best April sales month ever for Jaguar Land Rover,” said Joe Eberhardt, President and CEO, Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC. “Celebrating World Land Rover Day yesterday was the perfect way to bookend the month as the brand has demonstrated its popularity in the US market driven by sales of the Range Rover, Range Rover Sport and Range Rover Velar, this year’s 2018 World Car Design of the Year.”

For the full year 2017, Jaguar Land Rover US sales reached 114,333 units, up nine percent compared to 105,104 units in 2016, and establishing a new all-time US sales record for the combined brands.

US MODEL HIGHLIGHTS

Land Rover

For the month of April, Land Rover reached a new April sales high of 6,448 units, an increase of 24 percent from 5,211 in April 2017 (the previous best April sales month was 5,311 units in 2015).

Range Rover hit 1,650 units, a best ever Range Rover April sales month, up 15 percent versus April 2017. With the sales of 1,915 units, Range Rover Sport topped the monthly sales among Jaguar Land Rover in April, a seven percent increase from April 2017.

The 2017/2018 Land Rover model line-up features six models: The 2017 Discovery Sport and Range Rover Evoque compete within the compact SUV segment and are both powered by a 240-hp turbocharged 2.0-liter gasoline engine. The full-size 2017 Land Rover Discovery offers seating for up to seven adults and exceptional levels of refinement, passenger technology, and driver assistance features. The all-new 2018 Range Rover Velar mid-size SUV previews a new design language for the Range Rover family, including new LED headlights and the all-new Land Rover InControl® Touch Pro™ Duo infotainment system5. The new model starts at $49,9001. The Range Rover and Range Rover Sport model lines where expanded for 2017 each with a new model. Replacing the limited edition HST model in the Range Rover Sport line-up, the Range Rover Sport HSE Dynamic features a 380-hp supercharged V6 engine, dynamic body trim appointments and black trim finishes. Within the full-size Range Rover line-up, Jaguar Land Rover Special Vehicle Operations introduced the SVAutobiography Dynamic. Based off of the long wheelbase SVAutobiography, the SVAutobiography Dynamic offers a driver focused experience through a standard wheelbase, suspension and chassis tuning and a lowered ride height. Both the Range Rover and Range Rover Sport model lines feature five powertrain options – a 340-hp supercharged V6, a 380-hp supercharged V6, a 510-hp supercharged V8, a 550-hp supercharged V8 and a new 254-hp turbocharged 3.0-liter V6 diesel.

Jaguar

For the month of April, Jaguar sales were 2,019 units, a 37 percent decrease from 3,230 units in April 2017.

The award winning Jaguar F-PACE continued to lead the brand performance with 1,059 units sold. The Jaguar E-PACE celebrated its best sales month since its launch in January.

The newest member of the Jaguar family of SUVs, the E-PACE, is a five-seat compact SUV which packs the design and performance of a Jaguar sports car into a practical and connected all-wheel drive vehicle. The E-PACE follows the World Car of the Year-winning F-PACE performance SUV and the brand’s first all-electric SUV, the Jaguar I-PACE. Featuring two four-cylinder Ingenium gasoline engine options producing 246HP and 296HP, each mated to a ZF® 9-speed automatic transmission, the E-PACE is priced from $38,6001.

Competitively priced within their respective segments, the 2017 Jaguar XE compact luxury sedan and the 2017 Jaguar F-PACE luxury SUV appeal to an all-new segment of buyers for the Jaguar brand. For the 2017 model year, the XE is available with two gasoline engines, a 240-hp turbocharged four-cylinder and a 340-hp supercharged V6. The F-PACE is available with the same 340-hp supercharged V6, as well as a 380-hp supercharged V6 in the ‘S’ model. Both vehicles are available with a 180-hp turbocharged diesel engine, which returns 42mpg highway2 on Jaguar XE models and 33mpg highway2 on F-PACE models.

The Jaguar XF is similarly offered with three available powertrains, two supercharged V6 powertrains producing 340- and 380-hp and a 180-hp turbocharged four-cylinder diesel offering an EPA certified 42mpg highway2.The 2017 Jaguar XJ retains its position within the Jaguar line-up as the pinnacle in luxury for the brand. It continues to be available with three powertrain options – a 340-hp supercharged V6, a 470-hp supercharged V8 and a 550-hp supercharged V8 – is offered in both standard and long wheelbase lengths in both rear- and all-wheel drive configurations. For 2017, the Jaguar F-TYPE offers buyers with an all-new derivative in the F-TYPE SVR. Powered by the brand’s proven supercharged V8 engine, the F-TYPE SVR has been further enhanced to offer 575-hp and 516-lb. ft. of torque enabling a top speed of 200mph4 and a 0-60mph time of 3.5 seconds4.

All new Jaguar models come standard with Jaguar EliteCare, a class-leading ownership package, including five-years or 60,000-mile limited warranty, complimentary scheduled maintenance coverage, roadside assistance and Jaguar InControl® Remote & Protect™3.
Old 05-02-18, 07:02 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by GS69

https://www.media.volvocars.com/us/e...ts-april-sales

Volvo Reports April Sales

May 01, 2018 ID: 228532

ROCKLEIGH, N.J. (May 1, 2018) - Volvo Car USA, LLC, (VCUSA) reported U.S. sales of 8,333 vehicles for the month of April, an increase of 17 percent from the same period last year. Year-to-date VCUSA has sold 28,416 vehicles, an increase of 37.9 percent from the previous year.The new XC60, the 2018 World Car of the Year and 2018 North American Utility of the Year, was the top seller for April and had its highest performing month with 2,476 sales recorded.“Led this month by the new XC60, our award-winning SUV line continues to drive Volvo Cars’ growth in the US,” said Anders Gustafsson, President and CEO, Volvo Car USA. “Together, the XC90, XC60 and XC40 have led to a 40 percent increase in SUV sales year-over-year.”

For sales by model click here: https://www.media.volvocars.com/us/en-us/corporate/sales-volumes

Volvo is having an Amazing turnaround!

i have seen so many new S90 sedans recently - im a bit shocked that its so popular as the back is not pretty.
I was very impressed by all the Volvos that i had a chance to sit in at NY auto show.
Old 05-02-18, 07:19 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,394 Likes on 1,568 Posts

^^ and remember volvo is a CHINESE company now... so the swedish trojan horse is working.
Old 05-02-18, 07:31 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

I drove an S60 cuz Volvo paid me $75 to do so

The interior was nothing special, the car row blah, not great power.

They look modern but I don't see them having any wow to them

OK Polestar one is nice, but at the end of the day, it is a primary FWD car for $155K, pass.
Old 05-02-18, 09:02 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by S2000toIS350
Here we go

NSX 5, a sad state for a wonderful car
Ford GT 10 bundles of driving joy
Audi R8 138, that is a good number
AMG GT 178
Nissan GTR 35

IS 1816 Q50 1880 G80 786
RC 369 Q60 650
GS 651
LC 179
the amg gt is selling so strong!!

Originally Posted by S2000toIS350
I also find the new Camry visually more of a car that I would want in the driveway so to speak than the new Accord
yup i think the new camry looks pretty good
Old 05-03-18, 05:07 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 157 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by RNM GS3

i have seen so many new S90 sedans recently - im a bit shocked that its so popular as the back is not pretty.
I was very impressed by all the Volvos that i had a chance to sit in at NY auto show.
S90 is a lot of car for $50k... but Volvo has so many models, XC40, XC60, XC90 are all great... S90 is all new, once they get S60 and S40 and all the V variations, sky is the limit... they should really double their sales.

So I expect Volvo to have more sales than Acura and Infiniti in next 3 years, and to approach Audi in next 5 years. They will have full lineup of vehicles by then, a lot of money has been invested.
Old 05-03-18, 06:56 PM
grabber2
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by RNM GS3

Yup, I love my XC90..............probably going to get the XC60 when my lease is up in 2019.
Old 05-08-18, 12:42 PM
GS69
Lead Lap

Arrow HybridCars

http://www.hybridcars.com/april-2018-sales-dashboard/
April 2018 Sales Dashboard

HybridCars.com Staff May 7, 2018
The HybridCars.com monthly sales Dashboard is a collaboration between HybridCars.com and Baum & Associates, a Michigan-based market research firm focusing on automotive issues including the hybrid and electric vehicle market.

Overall sales for April were down from both from a year ago and from last April. April had two fewer selling days and one less weekend, as compared to April 2017. Total sales are estimated since GM is no longer reporting monthly sales; rather they will report their sales at the end of June on a quarterly basis. We have estimated their total sales as well as volumes of their individual products. Adjustments will be made in early July when actual sales are released. Plug-ins, battery electrics, and diesels were up from a year ago on the strength of new products, while hybrids were down.

Sales for full electric vehicles were up from April of last year based upon sales of the Model 3. Sales of the Model 3 remain far below estimates and did not rise significantly from March. While an expectation of much greater production and sales by the end of June has been put forward, April’s results were not very positive. Production was down for several days in order to make adjustments to the production line but significantly higher volumes have not yet been achieved. Bolt sales (remember, they are estimated) were down from the last two months and remain at a relatively modest annual rate. While some commentators focus on the fact that the Bolt is readily available and of strong quality, sales remain modest. GM’s marketing of both the Bolt and Volt have not resulted in high sales volumes. Sales of the Model S and X were also relatively modest, in part due to resources being “borrowed” from the Model S/X line to assist in the production of Model 3. LEAF sales remain modest, as the higher-range model remains several months from availability. Most of the other vehicles in the category were down from year-ago and year-to-date.

Plug-in hybrids also had a very good month as compared to last year as the Prius Prime had another good month, albeit down from March 2018. Year-to-date sales are running at about a 30,000 annual rate. The Chevy Volt is second in the category, but sales were rather modest (a reminder that these sales are estimated). Year-to-date, sales of the Volt are down by a third. As noted earlier, C-Max Energi sales are on their final glide path as the vehicle is no longer being built (and production of the C-Max Hybrid ends early this month). Sales of the Honda Clarity continue to move forward, although they were down modestly from March. The Fusion Energi continues to sell at a consistent level, at an approximate annual rate of over 10,000 units. Sales in the category are up by a 3rd year-to-date.

Hybrids were down from year-ago and year-to-date as the segment leaders continue to struggle. The Prius Liftback moved up to the top of the chart again, but just barely, with the RAV4 and Fusion close behind. The RAV4 remains the primary high-volume entry that has increased volume year-to-date as compared to the 1st 4 months of 2017. Toyota’s share of the segment is at just over 55%, with Hyundai/Kia and Ford each at just over 15%. The Camry hybrid continues to show good gains year-to-date as compared to last year, as does the Hyundai Ioniq and Lexus RX.

In the diesel category, the Ford Transit and Ram Pickup (volumes are estimated for both) lead the category and represent well over two-thirds of total sales. Sales of the Ram Pickup diesel may moderate in coming months as the changeover to the new model occurs and diesel versions are held back. Small volumes of Audi and VW diesels are being sold, but these are “leftovers” from before the diesel crisis that have been modified to meet federal requirements. While Chevrolet continues to offer the Cruze and Colorado, and GMC offers the Canyon and Terrain, volumes of these products are modest.

Fuel cell vehicles are only offered by Honda, Toyota, and Hyundai and only available in California. This is because the necessary fueling infrastructure is only available there. Hyundai sales are negligible as they prepare for a new model known as the Nexeo which is likely to appear at the end of this year. While volumes are modest, sales of the Honda Clarity continue to grow.

Old 05-10-18, 03:11 AM
Stormwind
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any tesla numbers?
Old 05-10-18, 04:12 AM
GS69
Lead Lap

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Stormwind
any tesla numbers?
See here: http://www.hybridcars.com/april-2018-sales-dashboard/
Old 05-10-18, 02:08 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

still don't get why 'hybridcars.com' reports diesel car/truck sales.
Old 05-11-18, 06:37 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 157 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
still don't get why 'hybridcars.com' reports diesel car/truck sales.
long time ago germans were pushing diesels as green vehicles as they spend less fuel, less co2, etc... now i guess it is because it is "alternative" powertrain.
Old 05-11-18, 09:19 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by spwolf
long time ago germans were pushing diesels as green vehicles as they spend less fuel, less co2, etc... now i guess it is because it is "alternative" powertrain.
yea i get the history, thanks, but nothing to do with hybrid cars! and certainly not green, lol