Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Ford Examining GT Auction For Possible Breach of No-Sale Contract

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-18, 09:33 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Aron9000
I'd love to see the legal bill Ford had to foot to enforce this contract with Jon Cena. If I were an auto executive, the lawyer fees to enforce this contract would be reason enough to not have said contract. **** lawyers, they are scum of the earth(until you need one lol).
Cena is not exactly sleeping on the grates, either. You can bet that Vince McMahon pays him BIG bucks....especially since he's the WWE's poster-boy for the good-guy role in the ring. You can also bet that he, like Ford, spent big money to settle this in court....lawyers aren't going to give him time for free.
Old 06-22-18, 05:41 AM
Benoit
Advanced

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

In my eyes, I think it's b_-it, that a car company makes any car in such limited amount, and DECIDE which kind of person is superior-race enough to be authorized to purchase it. We have all the bad things of consumer industry, paired with all the bad things of colonialism.
Old 06-22-18, 10:04 AM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Being limited in production helps the car retain and increase it's value over time. No different than Ferrari or other supercar makers favoring choosing applicants, most who are previous and or current owners of the brand.
Old 06-22-18, 05:46 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

I dont quite get this. Cena settles on a contract, forfeits his earnings to charity but admits no wrongdoing in essentially violating a contract. However the other GT recently sold at an auction, walks away with violating a contract and pocketing the earnings. Not understanding how the process works here, or were the conditions or enforcement terms different for each buyer? Different legal teams and budgets etc?
Old 06-25-18, 05:33 AM
Stormwind
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by coolsaber
I dont quite get this. Cena settles on a contract, forfeits his earnings to charity but admits no wrongdoing in essentially violating a contract. However the other GT recently sold at an auction, walks away with violating a contract and pocketing the earnings. Not understanding how the process works here, or were the conditions or enforcement terms different for each buyer? Different legal teams and budgets etc?
probably because cena has enough income else where he doesn't need this money and just wanted this to be over, the other gt flippers this is their main business so they are willing to challenge ford on a contract where it wouldn't hold up in court. ford knows it so they back off.
Old 06-25-18, 05:41 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Stormwind
probably because cena has enough income else where he doesn't need this money and just wanted this to be over,
You can be certain that Vince McMahon pays him big $$$$$...plus the royalty money he probably gets from T-shirts and all of the other tems sold with his picture or name on it.