Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2019 Chevy Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-19, 10:46 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,740 Likes on 1,961 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
yup, gm, ford, fca still operate under the stupid old school of having msrp's that no one pays, so dealers can have great 'sales' and 'discounts' appealing to people's stupidity thinking they're getting a great deal.
Yup! “Employee pricing” lol

I lol'ed that your sedan is the ONLY sedan in that pic.
Haha! Good eye!

You have 'staff' to do that

It’s good to be the boss lol
Old 01-13-20, 09:34 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

This weeks Autoblog podcast show. Blazer got hit really hard. They did not like it and where very meh, strange considering Autoblog is usually a very pro-GM and American brand type of show.
Old 01-13-20, 03:22 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
This weeks Autoblog podcast show. Blazer got hit really hard.

Thanks, Jill, but do you have a link? I couldn't find the latest one you are taking about. Still, I mention it mostly for the others.....personally, I don't need a video to tell me that this vehicle is a joke.

They did not like it and where very meh, strange considering Autoblog is usually a very pro-GM and American brand type of show.
And just being pro-GM doesn't mean one cannot acknowledge both the company's silk-purses and sow's ears. Don't forget the Pontiac Aztec, which became infamous overnight. In my own lifetime, GM has made some of the best and the worst vehicles I have seen, driven, and owned.

Last edited by mmarshall; 01-13-20 at 03:25 PM.
Old 01-13-20, 03:29 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Thanks, Jill, but do you have a link? I couldn't find the latest one you are taking about. Still, I mention it mostly for the others.....personally, I don't need a video to tell me that this vehicle is a joke.

And just being pro-GM doesn't mean one cannot acknowledge both the company's silk-purses and sow's ears. Don't forget the Pontiac Aztec, which became infamous overnight. In my own lifetime, GM has made some of the best and the worst vehicles I have seen, driven, and owned.
You would have to listen to it on your phone. That is how I got it, via a podcast. I don’t know if it is possible to listen to it on a computer from a link.
Old 01-13-20, 03:47 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,740 Likes on 1,961 Posts

Saw 3 Blazers today...one sharp looking white one at the carwash
Old 01-13-20, 04:40 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

GM sold 23,008 Blazers in the 4th quarter of last year and 58,115 for the period that it was available in 2019. It may not be everyone's cup of tea but so far actual buyers seem to be interested in it.
Old 01-13-20, 06:04 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

You would have to listen to it on your phone. That is how I got it, via a podcast. I don’t know if it is possible to listen to it on a computer from a link.

OK, Thanks....I'm not an expert on the latest technology with that kind of stuff. I post, comment, E-Mail, use text-messaging, and that's about it. Anyhow, it sounds like the podcast probably wouldn't tell me much, if anything, on the vehicle that I don't already know.
Old 01-13-20, 06:07 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LexBob2
GM sold 23,008 Blazers in the 4th quarter of last year and 58,115 for the period that it was available in 2019. It may not be everyone's cup of tea but so far actual buyers seem to be interested in it.

It has sold somewhat better than I expected, but then, so did the Pontiac Aztek.....and so did the C-HR. That does not, or will not, change my opinion of it.
Old 01-13-20, 06:13 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

It has sold somewhat better than I expected, but then, so did the Pontiac Aztek.....and so did the C-HR. That does not, or will not, change my opinion of it.
seeing how this is not produced stateside, I think the worldwide sales figures are the true way to measure the success. I imagine the Chinese sales figures and maybe South America make the blazer a worthwhile model for GM.
Old 01-13-20, 08:33 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

seeing how this is not produced stateside, I think the worldwide sales figures are the true way to measure the success. I imagine the Chinese sales figures and maybe South America make the blazer a worthwhile model for GM.

Like I've said before, we will probably have a clearer picture when Ford finally releases the Bronco next spring. Though I've sometimes been wrong before (I'll admit it) there are several signs that the Bronco will be what the Blazer should have been, and wasn't.
Old 01-13-20, 08:37 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,462 Likes on 1,615 Posts

OK, Thanks....I'm not an expert on the latest technology with that kind of stuff. I post, comment, E-Mail, use text-messaging, and that's about it. Anyhow, it sounds like the podcast probably wouldn't tell me much, if anything, on the vehicle that I don't already know.
a quick google of autoblog podcast takes you right to it.

https://www.autoblog.com/podcasts/
Old 01-13-20, 09:08 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

a quick google of autoblog podcast takes you right to it.

https://www.autoblog.com/podcasts/

Thanks. Yes, my MacBook was able to download that, and the video came in very well. For some reason, though, it wasn't posted on Youtube when I searched....as older autoblog podcasts were.

I listened to the automotive parts, per Jill's reference. Very interesting.....I liked their discussion almost as much as Alex Dyke's, though, of course, it was a somewhat different type of discussion. They also had a very interesting discussion about Carlos Ghosn, what he is accused of, and what they think the consequences should be.

As Jill notes, they were not impressed wth the Blazer, either, but for somewhat different reasons than my comments. They focused more on its unimpressive interior and the subject of it being overpriced compared to its competitors....my biggest complaints were its body styling and the fact that it was designed as a ho-hum crossover, although I also noted that top-line versions can run 50K or more.

Last edited by mmarshall; 01-13-20 at 09:46 PM.
Old 01-14-20, 04:55 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I think if you found a podcast that interested you, you would really get into it. There's literally a podcast about anything and everything; you are bound to find one you do enjoy and will get something out of.
Old 01-14-20, 07:07 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,462 Likes on 1,615 Posts

Thanks. Yes, my MacBook was able to download that, and the video came in very well. For some reason, though, it wasn't posted on Youtube when I searched....as older autoblog podcasts were.
Glad that worked for you. not everything is on youtube especially not audio (podcasts).
Old 01-14-20, 07:23 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Glad that worked for you. not everything is on youtube especially not audio (podcasts).

Yes, some of the autoblog pods are on Youtube.....but not that specific one, at least when I searched.

These autoblog guys seem competent and well-rounded in their comments...they don't just spout off a bunch of stuff designed to be click-bait.

Several posters here on Car Chat have opined that I have been overly-critical of the Blazer (which is their prerogative, of course). I will give it credit for two things, however, especially on a second look. One, the front end styling is not that bad-looking, and, two, it comes in a rather nice color-palate for the paint jobs. You can check out the body-colors on the web-site.

https://www.chevrolet.com/suvs/previous-year/blazer

Last edited by mmarshall; 01-14-20 at 07:30 AM.

Quick Reply: 2019 Chevy Blazer